Average HP used to hit 1300

Unknown
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm trying to see if going for the legendary token every event is worth it. I was wondering what is the average HP that people spend to get to 1300. All details of your climbs are also appreciated (ie shard, communication, when do you start the event, etc..)

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Plenty of people hit 1300 before using their first shield. I never have, but I have gotten their using just a 3hr shield. Given how many tokens actually turn out to be useful, if I can't get there with a 3 and an 8, I'm not going to try.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    For me it is between 225-450
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    Plenty of people hit 1300 before using their first shield. I never have, but I have gotten their using just a 3hr shield. Given how many tokens actually turn out to be useful, if I can't get there with a 3 and an 8, I'm not going to try.

This is my strategy as well.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Koko81 wrote:
    I'm trying to see if going for the legendary token every event is worth it. I was wondering what is the average HP that people spend to get to 1300. All details of your climbs are also appreciated (ie shard, communication, when do you start the event, etc..)

I have the exact average at home, but for me getting to 1300 the average is probably ~375, with a range of 0 (well, one shield to protect the score) to 900. Since they switched from the token, it's likely closer to 225-300.

As simonsez sezd, at this point for me it's really a question of how high I can get on first shield. If I can get there in one hop, I'll do it, but I'm not planning 4-5 hops to get a 50% useless token.
  • Are you guys running a full 4* team?

I just got my HB and Ice to 235 and 245 respectively but still having trouble getting to 1300 without using lots of shields (around 800-900 HP for last event)
  • I think this really depends on how *fat* the shard is. If it's relatively dry you're going to have a hard time getting there. If there are a lot of high scorers, you should be able to get there on one or two shields. I know of a lot of players that shield once or twice for the token then free fall afterwards as to not spend lots of HP every pvp.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Koko81 wrote:
    Are you guys running a full 4* team?

I just got my HB and Ice to 235 and 245 respectively but still having trouble getting to 1300 without using lots of shields (around 800-900 HP for last event)

I have a 250 HB and 250 Carnage. 800-900 sounds like a lot given that your HB and Ice are well leveled. What shard are you in and do you coordinate your hops?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Koko81 wrote:

I did 1300 in Squirrel with IMHB-Switch (75-300 because of timing) and did 1300 in Rulk with IMHB-XF (just 300 to protect score, because I'm a dummy and mis-timed my 75-150 plan)

HB/Iceman at 235+ each should be plenty, when I was around 1100 I was hitting 50+ targets with just XF/LCap,which puts them in the 1250ish range.

If you're using that many shields, you're either in a terrible slice for points, you're panic shielding, or a bunch of high scoring alliances hate you. Or maybe all 3.
  • any shard goes for me but I think the second part is whats needed. I need to wait for the 70-75 points I feel like to go higher quicker. I usually contend with the 47-55 pointers
  • Koko81 wrote:

I did 1300 in Squirrel with IMHB-Switch (75-300 because of timing) and did 1300 in Rulk with IMHB-XF (just 300 to protect score, because I'm a dummy and mis-timed my 75-150 plan)

HB/Iceman at 235+ each should be plenty, when I was around 1100 I was hitting 50+ targets with just XF/LCap,which puts them in the 1250ish range.

If you're using that many shields, you're either in a terrible slice for points, you're panic shielding, or a bunch of high scoring alliances hate you. Or maybe all 3.

Option 3 icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Koko81 wrote:
    any shard goes for me but I think the second part is whats needed. I need to wait for the 70-75 points I feel like to go higher quicker. I usually contend with the 47-55 pointers

An easy 55 is usually worth more than a difficult 70, both from a timing and health pack standpoint.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    I usually burn 300 hp to hit 1300 (3/8/3).

I've been able to do it on a 3/8 on occasion - the last 3 hr shield is more of a safety net. I figure if you're already burned 225 and haven't made it, an extra 75 hp helps guarantee it.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    for the last 1300 with a set cover (hb red), I went all in, pant-on-head crazy and ended up spending 1600 on it using unboosted fist and cage at 166. still cheaper than buying outright and my hb is now at 13 covers and he's been in use for weeks now, so while crazy expensive, was still worth it to me. lately been getting to 1300 maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the time usually spending 525 (one each of the shields). all depends on where my big push to first shield puts me. if its well over 1K, near 1100, i'll go for it. if not, I just let it sit. this last event I had a terrible time with jeans and my push fell well short of 1K. unless that changes, 1300 might not happen much.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    If you can get to 1k before shielding it should be doable w 3-8-3. Might Need an extra to preserve score after reaching 1300.

Depending on who's boosted is the biggest difference i think. Some events I get hit a lot more than others. Also jumping when a lot of others helps to not get hit while hopping.

And the higher you are forget 3 match hops. Best to do that from 1k and then 2 or 1 match hops depending on your team and points and how busy the event is at that time.
  • Lots of great strategies and info thanks everyone im going to try it with the Bullseye event and let you know

I'll be using the loaner bullseye with HB and Ice
  • I've only hit 1300 twice and both times it was pretty much the same - 8/3/8/3/24 to preserve score til event end, 750 total.

I can usually get to 1000 with no shields, and usually do it right before bed (8h shield). Then when I wake up I can usually hit 2 or sometimes 3 targets for another 150 pts (more if I'm lucky), then a 3h shield. From here I rarely risk hitting more than 1 target at a time and it takes a couple more shields to get to 1300.

Last event I did it with a lvl 100 SG (boosted to 175 I think?), 270 IMHB, and 166 Iron Fist. Mainly to convince myself that 1300 was possible with an unboosted FistBuster and relatively weak featured character.

I need to start trying to push higher than 1k before my first shield. I've heard of people getting there, but I think mostly with maxed 4* teams.
  • I'm probably well enough into the 4* world by now with 5 maxed (Carnage, HB, JG, Goddess, XFW), a few more fully covered but not maxed since they're not top tier or are PVE only (PX, KP,Fury, Dino, Elektra, Baglady). I usually make 1300 on 0-1 shield, and depending on other things (like double ISO in the anniversary season) I'll sometimes try for more points than that. Generally in Season XIX I used 3/8 to in each event to get above 1300 and end up with top 5/10 placement. During that season I only used 4 shields once, and had one with just a 3 hour. Last season I averaged an HP profit on each PVP.

Last two scores that I know, and shields used:

Cover Squirrel - 1764 - 3/8/3/8, 450 HP
    Immortal Rage 1443 - 3/24, 375HP

Picking a good juicy slice is certainly important, and yes, it helps to have people to communicate with, but a few times that I've hit 1300 before shielding I have done it with no shield checking, no battle chat communication. Just happened into lucky timing where I could queue big targets and make my way up to big enough points for me. Knowing when to push (avoid the prime 3/8 shield times), and what sorts of points to sit at before pushing is helpful as well. There will be an equilibrium for your team to be out and not get hit much. That might be 600 points, it might be 1000 (I definitely sat at 1k+ for 16 hours once without getting hit because there were easier targets around)

While it's not essential, it is helpful to be a part of a truce of some sort. Being able to queue up bigger points while you're shielded is important if you're going to hop, and just having the heads up on bigger points being out can be worthwhile. The high scores like having the added safety of not getting sniped, but for the people not scoring 2k it's beneficial to know when to search for those points. Getting from 1k to 1300 in 2 hops off of 70+ point targets is 4 or 5 fights instead of 6-7 of 40-50 each.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    0. I decided it just wasn't worth the time, resources and effort after my first 1300 token whiff. My roster can carry me to 1K without a shield, so I shoot up to around there and use a 3 hour shield at the end of the event to hold the score for the sake of the alliance. Between progression rewards, placement rewards and alliance rewards, I end up netting an average of 175 HP per event. Instead of potentially wasting resources for a slot pull, I'll just save that HP up and buy a cover I want. Suck my kiss RNGesus icon_mrgreen.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently like several others here - I've done it occasionally on a 3/8 hop when the first shield is put up after a good initial climb. But since they switched to tokens - which can often mean a "reward" that I may not need - I've stopped trying.

When it was a reward that I needed, often I'd do 3/8/3/8 to get there - and sometimes a 24 was thrown in that rotation somewhere to get the timing right. So I planned 300 - 600 when I used to plan on the push.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    tanis3303 wrote:
    0. I decided it just wasn't worth the time, resources and effort after my first 1300 token whiff. My roster can carry me to 1K without a shield, so I shoot up to around there and use a 3 hour shield at the end of the event to hold the score for the sake of the alliance. Between progression rewards, placement rewards and alliance rewards, I end up netting an average of 175 HP per event. Instead of potentially wasting resources for a slot pull, I'll just save that HP up and buy a cover I want. Suck my kiss RNGesus icon_mrgreen.gif

2500/175 = 14.xx. So you're able to buy a cover once every fourteen events or 1/14 = 7%. Leg tokens have been disappointing for me so far, but I'm doing better than 7% success rate right now.

I can see where that approach has a lot less disappointment and effort though.