MPQ Forum Contest - C0d3s 4 N0d3s Winners!

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents

Wiz Kid has completed his sweep of the S.H.I.E.L.D. servers, cleaning it of any lasting H.A.M.M.E.R. infection while Amadeus Cho recovered the missing entries with field agent assistance. There were a number of Agents that helped zero in on the missing data, with over 30 Agents that were within 10 points of the missing data set. The end result is that the top Agent in the Versus simulations during the Anniversary fought a total of 726 battles. No single Agent managed to get the data point exactly, but luckily the hexadecimal value was close enough that a search for a 2D xx value and using that as a vector was enough to get at the garbled rankings. As a result, S.H.I.E.L.D. archives have been restored to full service.

In regards to awards for S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents that have been most instrumental in their assistance, command is happy to announce the following Agents will receive a stipend in addition to their normal rewards for service:
    1st (Cover of your choice + 1000 Hero Points, 1 Legendary Token, Console Code) - A_Bettik, G0dai
    2nd (1000 Hero Points, 1 Legendary Token, Console Code) - Andy9009, New McG, Padei_Pai
    3rd (500 Hero Points, 1 Legendary Token, Console Code) - denouement, Farseer, killercool, MPQ_Kerb, razput1n, SunshineTheWerewolf, Tokubeater

Honorable Mentions (1 Legendary Token)
      Stephen Smoke: For being the subject of our little contest! Grats on playing the most battles! Turul: Being so exact (and close)
    Moon Roach: For being the Owner of a Lonely Heart Post
    AXP_isme: For consulting RNGesus. Who trolled, like RNGesus does. Post
    Spiderham: +1 for the Press Your Luck reference. -1 because his sig is out of date. Post
    (Note, despite Deadpool's last minute protestations that Agents only be allowed to win if they "guessed closest without going over" and play "Plinko" for final prizes, it has been decided to give out the rewards to Agents closest numerically.)

Since 11 Agents tied for code receipt purposes, we will give out 11 codes instead of the 10 promised. As well, since the top 10 winners all scored within Top 3 prize tiers, we will give those higher prizes to all tied Agents.

For all winning Agents, please PM David [Hi-Fi] Moore and IceIX with the following:
      - In Game Name (if different than forum name) - Cover of choice if 1st place tier - Console of choice for code receipt
    Congratulations to the winners and thank you everyone for participating!

Edit IceIX Update: For reference, the battles played per event were
      Black Vortex 157 Class of 2015 141 Women of Marvel 129 Devil Dinosaur 109 Lightning Rounds 190

Edit IceIX Update 2: Added thread links for the honorable mentions.

Comments

• udonomefoo
      udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
      Wow, I was short by almost 200. I'm doing some quick math here, but it was 7 days, some heavier than others due to lightning rounds. Let's average it to 103 matches per day.

Based on average match time to find time spent per day for this mystery grinder:

3 mins = 5.15 hours per day
      4 mins = 6.86 hours per day
      5 mins = 8.58 hours per day

icon_eek.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gif That's not to mention two galactus runs and deadpool daily.

Edit: thanks for the contest, and for keeping it in universe, I like it.
    • Stax the Foyer
      Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
      How did that break down among the various events? Just curious to know where I under/overestimated participation.
    • aesthetocyst
      aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
      LOL! My first semi-educated guess was 746. Then I noticed another player also guessed 746. So I started searching downwards for numbers not guessed. I got to 730something and got board and skipped down, landing at 684.

Should have stayed the course. D'oh!
    • CrookedKnight
      CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
      Wow. My estimate was 100 fights per versus event (40-ish per fight, with top scorers hitting 4000 in the bugged events) and then an additional 100 or so in lightning rounds. Way off!
    • turul
      turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited October 2015
      Thanks for the honorary leg token, got Sam Wilson blue from it icon_e_smile.gif

My math was to guess a number near of: 24*7*60 (minutes) / 3 (estimated ratio of playing MPQ by "addict") / 5 mins ( non-stessed fight-length )

And trolled with 733.1
    • jvasses
      jvasses Posts: 43
      how about giving the guy that fought 726 battles an honorary legendary token too! haha
    • mindsuckr
      mindsuckr Posts: 154
      No idea why, but 721 sprang to my mind the second I read the contest. I feel like Demon Cat from Adventure Time with the power of "approximate knowledge of many things". Curse my power!
    • IceIX
      How did that break down among the various events? Just curious to know where I under/overestimated participation.
      Black Vortex 157
      Class of 2015 141
      Women of Marvel 129
      Devil Dinosaur 109
      Lightning Rounds 190
    • snlf25
      snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
      My guess was 757. So close!
    • TheOncomingStorm
      TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
      No identification of the top agent or their alliance that fought all those battles?
    • Jathro
      Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
      Was off by a mere 19 and that wasn't close enough. Congrats to the winners
    • IceIX
      Added links to the posts for the honorable mentions since it was requested last contest. Getting ahead of the curve!
    • IceIX
      No identification of the top agent or their alliance that fought all those battles?
      I don't have any real way of making sure that they'd want their name/Alliance outed as the "winner" of that, so it'll have to stay private. I'll give a broad clue and state that it was a top player of one of the top Alliances.
    • stochasticism
      stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
      IceIX wrote:
      I don't have any real way of making sure that they'd want their name/Alliance outed as the "winner" of that, so it'll have to stay private. I'll give a broad clue and state that it was a top player of one of the top Alliances.

Can we get the total score for the season at least so we know how many points all these battles netted?
    • Totally forgot about my sig, updated for ya ice :p. Thanks for the H.M.!!!
    • IceIX
      IceIX wrote:
      And after I say that was given their contact info and confirmed that it's alright. The top player was Stephen Smoke of XMenOne! Grats to you Stephen! Also sent along a Legendary Token for "winning" the contest in a different way. icon_e_smile.gif
    • I was so close, only off by 4. Not close enough for a prize though.
    • DFiPL
      DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
      Aw. My guess was not 1337 enough.
    • DrLemniscate
      DrLemniscate Posts: 55 Match Maker
      Wow, I was pretty close at 734.

Can we know how close the winners got? Should quell some complaints.
    • aesthetocyst
      aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
      edited October 2015
      Wow, I was pretty close at 734.

Can we know how close the winners got? Should quell some complaints.

A few minutes with the search function:

farseer
      SunshineTheWerewolf
      killercool
      T0kubeater
      denouement

Andy9009
      New McG

godai (apparently late but Ice said awarded anyway icon_e_smile.gif )
      A_Bettik

padei_panda

MPQ_Kerb
      razput1n

... so they were all within 3. 1 late entry would have been a winner. Ouch. Left that name off. EDIT: put it back. Ice said grace was extended, heh.