New Covers: Cosplay Variants

Comments

• my suggestion is that everyone get super upset about this temporary, cute, halloween themed idea.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    brisashi wrote:
    You don't have to like them but there isn't a reason to be mean spirited about them.

Brisashi, I'd like you to meet the Internet. Internet, this is Brisashi.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be just fine with this cosplay cover!

52fa9ae42595b.jpg
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    This too shall pass.....
  • no attractive women cover variants??
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    Their Iron man cover was good but they really should have went with this -

worst-iron-man-cosplay-1.jpg
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a shame there's no cover for the NYCC Hulkbuster, that was amazing.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dude, I googled for that and was not disappointed. That was quite a feat.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    FWIW, all of the comic covers were taken by a photographer that works for Marvel. And from what I can tell, these variants had release announcements in August meaning the printed covers have been set for at least that long (not sure if the Hulkbuster costume was at any earlier conventions where Stephens was doing her thing). Those factors do limit the pool a bit.
  • Malcrof
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    There's some pretty decent Jean Grey, 4* Thor, and especially that Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) one that they could have included.

That Daredevil one, though... what's up with his squinty face? Maybe that mask style just doesn't translate well.

That's not to say none of the men cosplay well. The Nova one is quite good, but he's not in the game.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    That Daredevil one, though... what's up with his squinty face? Maybe that mask style just doesn't translate well.

Yeah, it's not good by any means, but not all that much worse than the mask from the Netflix show.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    They should have used Garrett Morris for the Ant-Man one. (He said, showing his age....)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    DayvBang wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    There's some pretty decent Jean Grey, 4* Thor, and especially that Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) one that they could have included.

That's not to say none of the men cosplay well. The Nova one is quite good, but he's not in the game.
    The ones in the game are the ones that have/are retailing very soon. We were kindly asked to hold off on adding the rest.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a nice gesture of Marvel to their fans. They could have hired some of those super pro cosplayers, provide them with movie-quality costumes, make a professional photo-shoot with all the bells and whistles and then add liberal doses of Photoshop and get some really classy and cool looking covers. But they decided to honour the real people that are passionate enough to put themselves on the spot at conventions and gatherings. That's actually really nice.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice little detail, I didn't notice it for some time until I was rewarded a cosplay cover after a match, which made me go "???". But I agree with the comment that they could've used some better quality pictures. Also, I noticed a Dr. Strange cosplay cover on the link Malcrof posted -- wouldn't it be cool if he was released as a Halloween Surprise? Ah, one can always hope icon_mrgreen.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    That might partially be the version of the game? My first impression was not that favorable, but when I saw them on my alt-account, they looked a lot better. Lower resolution on my smartphone instead of PC, maybe?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought it was a nice surprise - excellent timing around Halloween. How about a Halloween event where winning a PvP match with one of the cosplay'd characters on your team earns a chance at a Trick or Treat token as a reward?
  • Malcrof
    google Lana Le Psylocke, you will not be disappointed.