Musings from a returning player

2»

Comments

• The average player doesn't see the difference between this game and any other match-3 game.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realistically, only 1 of those is really available to the average player and that's the PVE progression token.
    Depends on what you call an "average" player. If your roster has progressed to the point where you should be working on 4s, getting 1k in PvP shouldn't be a problem at all. If it is, then you should still be working on developing your 3s.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    You now CANNOT compete in PVP without at least 2 maxed 4 stars, one of whom is probably Jean Grey or Iceman. The other is most likely Hulkbuster.
    What do you mean by compete? I have no usable 4*s yet, but I've had maxed 3*s for a few seasons now. I routinely place in the top 100 in pvp,

Just tossing this out there, reward wise, that should be what a 2 star player is aiming for, considering that the reward for what you stated is a 3 star.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    wirius wrote:
    As such, they need to up the frequency of distribution.
    In a given 5 day span, we have a DDQ4, a PvE progression token, 2 PvP 1k progressions, and potentially 2 PvP 1.3k tokens, and for the extreme players, a T2 PvE award and a T1 PvP award. So every 5 days you can get anywhere from four to eight 4*s. Plus token luck. Yeah, I get it, I look at my 5-6 covers on RH, Cyke, and Iceman and really wish I could be using them now, but I don't see how they can distribute 4*s any more frequently than that without trivializing progression.

This is irrelevant. Realistically, only 1 of those is really available to the average player and that's the PVE progression token.

Taco tokens? Come on.

PVP tokens? The 1K is getting further and further away for the average player as those who are already tricked out are fielding stronger and stronger teams. 1.3K is for the Ballers only.

As many have mentioned, it's become a case of the rich getting richer and everyone else is boned.

The average player doesn't need 4* characters. The average player needs a few 2* covers,all the 3* covers he can get and ISO.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    You now CANNOT compete in PVP without at least 2 maxed 4 stars, one of whom is probably Jean Grey or Iceman. The other is most likely Hulkbuster.
    What do you mean by compete? I have no usable 4*s yet, but I've had maxed 3*s for a few seasons now. I routinely place in the top 100 in pvp,

Just tossing this out there, reward wise, that should be what a 2 star player is aiming for, considering that the reward for what you stated is a 3 star.
    That's the reasoning that gets shouted down when 3* players complain the DDQ 4* fights are too hard. We're told to aim for 1k in pvp events if we want more 4* covers.

I would say 2* players shouldn't expect to hit top 100 in a pvp event outside of the newbie brackets. They should look for new 3* covers from pve progression and placement rewards.