Options
13»

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Heroes :
    Jessica Jones ( upcoming tv )
    Captain Marvel / Monica Rambeau ( my dreams )
    The Wasp ( movies )
    Black Cat ( my dreams )
    Rogue ( movies )
    Medusa ( upcoming tv & movies )
    Pepper Potts, in whichever suit she uses ( movies )
    Jubilee ( upcoming movie )
    Miles Morales ( my dreams )
    Black Bolt ( upcoming tv & movies )
    Giant Man ( upcoming movies )
    Shang-Chi ( upcoming tv )
    Namor ( my dreams )
    Wiccan ( my dreams )

Villains :
    Baron Zemo ( movies )
    Man-Ape ( upcoming movie )
    Sabertooth ( movies )
    The Winter Soldier / Bucky, with a move like Old Man Logan
    Emma Frost ( upcoming tv & movies )
    Madame Hydra / Viper ( upcoming tv & movies )

2016 Anniversary :
    Lockjaw ( upcoming movies )
    OR
    Valeria + Franklin Richards ( my dreams )

People like Dark Phoenix, Baron Mordo, The Red Skull, The Mandarin, The Spirit Of Vengeance / Ghost Rider are all 5*s.

They should also make some throw away 1*s, like Sharon Carter, Whiplash, and Crossbones.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's been some time since this post but it gave me a chance to reflect and wonder what is next. Many responses came back and there was a lot of similar names posted we all wanted. It was nice to see our wishes fulfilled on Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Green Goblin, Black Bolt and so on.

We now have 38 4's with the upcoming Spider-Woman and 2 joke characters. Will the devs stop at 42? That would leave six maybe. There are still quite a bit of characters we want but they mostly fall in the X realm. I'd say the most wanted for 4 or 5 are

Emma Frost
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Nightcrawler
    Adam Warlock
    Shadowcat
    Sabretooth
    Red Skull
    Angel
    Dr Strange

Will we get what we want or will they shove more Peggy's (awesome playable though) and Kate Bishop's at us?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm wondering if they will stop at 41, with the recent Howard love (combined with the fact he's massively overrated).

I could see him moving over to regular tokens, but for the fact he makes Invisible Woman look bad :p

Of your original list X-Men would be nice, especially Emma Frost and Shadowcat (BUT SCREW YOU 5EVAR GAMBIT YOU OVERRATED TRIPE), but the X-Men aren't getting much of a Marvel push just yet and you have three obvious 5 Star characters who really should be held back (Adam Warlock, Red Skull, and Doctor Strange).

We have Medusa coming after Bendis-Loves-Spider-Woman.

I would love to see Machine Man in October with a Marvel Zombies story.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope they include Howard/Dino in the 40, and finish with two more.

Then I hope they make ISO abundant enough to make it possible to max those 40.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    westnyy2 wrote:
    Adam Warlock
    Red Skull
    Dr Strange

... would make great 5*s.

But I suspect that if we ever see the Skull, he'll be a boss.

Someone had mentioned Giant Man. I would like to see him also, but I would expect him to be a 5* not a 4*. Also I would assume he would lock-out with Ant-Man unless the made Giant Man Hank Pym instead of Scott Lang.
  • The Herald
    Options
    And while we're all speculating about the best way to expand the game in new directions, what the Team Meetings look like is how which new Wolverine/Cap/Spider-Man variants to half **** out :p
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So we're going with the assumptions there are four spots left, yeah?

They've mined just about every heroic character with a compelling presence in the Marvel Universe post-All-New-All-Different. The characters who are most obviously missing from the game at this point are almost all mutants. They can add more Inhumans or characters from TV shows or whatever, but characters like Nightcrawler, Emma Frost, Gambit, and Kitty Pryde will still be a huge glaring hole in the game.

Assuming those characters are all off the table, though, and that Dr Strange, Thanos, and Red Skull are not eligible for 4* slots because they're 5* material, then I think Spider-Man's rogue's gallery still has some of the best options: Black Cat, Sandman, Alistair Smythe, and Lizard would be awesome, or even Mister Negative wouldn't be terrible to add.

I wouldn't hate seeing The Maker. They could finally do a version of Reed Richards justice.

Might be a bit gruesome for the game, but Jigsaw could be a legitimate add.

Or they could just add Batman.
  • The Herald
    Options
    Gambit sucks <.<

Maker is a good shout though icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd say that Demi have been sticking pretty close to Marvel's direction for the last year or so now. Most character releases are guided by MCU or new comics that they want to cross promote. I have a feeling that Spider-Woman is going to be the latest "Demiurge's pick" character, which I appreciate.

We've got Netflix Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders (in that order, IIRC) so I think there's a big possibility for some 4* variants of out favourite Heroes for Hire. And let's face it - if we were going to get Jessica Jones, she'd be here already.

Then there's the BluRay/DVD release of Civil War arriving soon as well, and there's still Black Panther and Black Widow with possible 4* variants (sorry, Clint). Or possibly Crossbones/Zemo - but I don't think Demiurge are making villains anymore.

Dr Strange will be in cinemas before the end of the year. Like a lot of others, I think he'll arrive in the 5* tier.

We know that Medusa is on her way from the recent poll. I'm really only kind of meta-following comics right now, so I'm aware that the choices in the poll were for upcoming lines starting later this year, so it might be worth looking into the other series starting. It looks as though they're creating a group based around some of these new "replacement" characters called Champions. The only character we don't have from that team is Viv Vision, so I'd add her to the list of possible suspects.

RiRi didn't make the cut on the poll, but there's another Iron Man coming soon - Infamous Iron Man, aka Viktor Von Doom. The only problem is that he'd probably have to count as both Iron Man and Doom, and I don't think MPQ has a way to handle that (can you have 5* cap and 4* Flaptain on the same team? That's the same shield, right?)

I'm also seeing #1's for Unworthy Thor (yes pls), Daredevil, Gamora, Star-Lord (this is still Peter Quill, but I would have liked a Kitty Pryde version), Rocket Racoon, Gwenpool (she's still a thing?), Hellcat, Moon Girl (maybe, they switched Devil Dino covers after all), and Captain Marvel.

I think if I was going to make a short list, it would be:

Medusa (known)
    Luke Cage
    Black Widow
    Gamora
    Unworthy Thor
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4 star Storm pleez
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    RiRi didn't make the cut on the poll, but there's another Iron Man coming soon - Infamous Iron Man, aka Viktor Von Doom. The only problem is that he'd probably have to count as both Iron Man and Doom, and I don't think MPQ has a way to handle that (can you have 5* cap and 4* Flaptain on the same team? That's the same shield, right?)

Peggy, Flaptain, and 5* Cap can actually all three be on the same team. The only conflict currently appears to be 3* Cap and 5* Cap.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

Peggy, Flaptain, and 5* Cap can actually all three be on the same team. The only conflict currently appears to be 3* Cap and 5* Cap.

Ah, I see. I really wish the devs would be consistent on this.

3* Hulk (Banner) & 4* Hulk (Cho) have a conflict because of "comics timeline"
    2/3* Thor (Odinson) & 4* Thor (Foster) have a conflict because of "comics timeline"

3* Spider-Man, 4* Spider-Gwen, & 4* Miles Morales should have conflict, but don't
    4* Peggy, 4* Flaptain, & 2/5* Rogers should have a conflict, but don't

Additionally, there are a few anomalies like 5* Jean Grey and 3* Cyclops should have a conflict ("comics timeline"), but don't

Infamous Iron-Man would physically be the same person as Doctor Doom, so there'd definitely be a conflict there, but he will be wearing the armour at a time when Tony Stark is not Iron Man at all, so there should also be conflict with all IM variants.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Omg.....ENOUGH with the X-Men predictions and wish lists. Please? They ARE NEVER getting in. Ever. And the same goes for the Fantastic Four characters. And even a lot of fringe characters ( Hulk, Spidey, Strange, Blade, Namor, Man Thing, Power Pack, Runaways, magic, horror, sci fi ), because many of them ARE STILL not completely under Marvel's Cinematic umbrella.

And this has been said over and over and over, again.

-- ____________ --
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I throw in my vote for Emma Frost. I also really like Adam Warlock and would like to see him in-game with the possible option to transform into Magus??
  • The Herald
    Options
    How about a third X-Force character to synergies with the other two 4* variants?

X-Force Psylocke who has a passive instead of Bewilder that triggers when a friendly special tile is destroyed? Damage, or better yet AP theft (on theme with Bewilder, fits the X-Force "breaking stuff is awesome" synergy).

I know this goes against the informal X-Ban because of murky rights, but it's a preexisting character here and it would be nice to have a all X-Force team available. We can already do Spider-Family and ALL CAPS after all :p
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    cardoor wrote:
    Villain:

Taskmaster

Same opinion as last year icon_e_smile.gif