Problem with "strongest color"

2»

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    On a side note with strongest color, during Galactus 2 I found that my Mohawk and Hulk had the same strength for green. I was told that if I put Hulk in the center he would take green first, but I tried him in every slot and Mohawk still took it every single time. What's up with that?
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:
    Akari wrote:
    On a side note with strongest color, during Galactus 2 I found that my Mohawk and Hulk had the same strength for green. I was told that if I put Hulk in the center he would take green first, but I tried him in every slot and Mohawk still took it every single time. What's up with that?
    It would be due to decimal places. Looking at your roster, Hulk is level 153 and Mohawk is 166. If the levels haven't changed since Galactus 2, Hulk's greentile.png strength is 74 and Mohawk's is 79.

Also, at higher levels (200-240 when boosted), the effect of levelling up doesn't increase the tile damage as much as levelling up at lower levels. So, when they were both boosted, it could be just a display issue that made the values appear the same.

Interesting... during Galactus 2, they both said 85, and for obvious reasons I wanted Hulk up front. It's actually the same right now during Deadpool vs MPQ and Most Wanted, my 153 Patch and 166 Mohawk have the same 85 green damage, but Mohawk takes the front.

I didn't know they actually incremented in decimal amounts, but that's neat to know.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if its a 'feature', it will completely screw up using xfw. if you pay attn. to character position before a match and think you're about to get damage on 14 purple but end up with 5 blue, that is ****. I really think this needs to be addressed/clarified, especially with as many characters as they have now that have abilities based on team strongest color. and they keep adding new characters that use 'strongest color' - and nobody knows how to identify or determine what that is. I know I leveled hulk during g2 and he started tanking red over cap at level 162 (hulk in middle, both boosted, cap maxed), which I didn't understand at all. explanation would be nice.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    The interface rounds strength to integers. So you may see two characters as having the same power but one may be fractionally higher than the other. When calculations are done the fractions are taken into account (which is why match damage isn't always divisible by 3 - it uses the fractional numbers and then rounds off)

Character placement only matters when the fractional numbers are identical. Otherwise the higher number always wins.

Spreadsheets were done on this a while ago and not all characters scale the same.
  • TxMoose
    Eddiemon wrote:
    The interface rounds strength to integers. So you may see two characters as having the same power but one may be fractionally higher than the other. When calculations are done the fractions are taken into account (which is why match damage isn't always divisible by 3 - it uses the fractional numbers and then rounds off)

Character placement only matters when the fractional numbers are identical. Otherwise the higher number always wins.

Spreadsheets were done on this a while ago and not all characters scale the same.
    then how did my hulk tank red over cap with hulk at 162 and cap at 166 when they were both boosted and going up against G2? not rhetorical or facetious, I'd really like to understand it and i don't.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    It's ridiculous that there's so much confusion on this, if you're going to keep creating power sets that use "strongest color" you need to make it easy to figure out..

We shouldn't need wiki pages, calculators and spreadsheets to understand how a power works in a cell phone game....
  • It's ridiculous that there's so much confusion on this, if you're going to keep creating power sets that use "strongest color" you need to make it easy to figure out..

We shouldn't need wiki pages, calculators and spreadsheets to understand how a power works in a cell phone game....
    I agree that they should just add in an indicator of some sort, but it's not quite as hard as you are making it out to be. Check my thread that I linked on the last page.
  • What I notice is that kingpin has no issue consistently stealing my strongest color, while 4* cyc has trouble deciding between the 2nd 3rd 4th best color to add.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

then how did my hulk tank red over cap with hulk at 162 and cap at 166 when they were both boosted and going up against G2? not rhetorical or facetious, I'd really like to understand it and i don't.

Are you sure you had the right Cap? I know my system kept selecting 2* cap instead of 3* just to be annoying.

Other than that I don't have any tables for scaling beyond 166 for 3*s, so I don't know if there is weirdness around 240 with those characters.
  • TxMoose
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Are you sure you had the right Cap? I know my system kept selecting 2* cap instead of 3* just to be annoying.

Other than that I don't have any tables for scaling beyond 166 for 3*s, so I don't know if there is weirdness around 240 with those characters.
    i don't have a 2* and it was late levels of G2 when i finally got hulk up there, so i stopped leveling him as soon as i saw the hulk symbol on the reds. the thing is now, i look at the numbers and at 162 and 166, hulks red is 68 and steve's is 70, so it isn't making any sense to me.