Forget double-tapping; is quadruple-tapping the new thing?

2»

Comments

• Yeah, see, I'm starting to get really paranoid about these lists. I honestly never paid attention, I just looked for who had the highest point values.

I played PVP for the Anniversary and during, 'Rawrrrr!' once I hit 500 it was mostly the same people. And my point values were either 20something or 50 something. And most were 20 something, so naturally I went for the 50s.

I tried not to hit the same people, but pretty sure I did.

But, then, I have yet to fully grasp some of the successful strategies with regards to PVP.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Splarne wrote:
    moogles85 wrote:
    Simply put, if they can re-queue you and you're worth more points than anyone else they can find, they are going to.

Or, they are running a max Jean buster combo and know your piddly 166 team isn't going to retaliate....so they hit until you are worth 1 point to them.

I'm pretty sure I double tapped you in red eye this morning trying to get to 1k. I won a fight to get 1k but came back to a loss. After a lot of skipping, you were still the only fight that would get me back over 1k so sorry. I saw you got points back after. I leave myself unshielded after 1k since I don't need the placement stuff so if you figure out I've passed 1k, hit me as many times as you need.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I'm often just trying to get battles in as fast as possible, so I don't notice names.. Just points and teams.

If I ever repeat attack anyone, know that I truly honestly am not doing it with malicious intent.
  • Lopan15 wrote:
    Splarne wrote:
    moogles85 wrote:
    Simply put, if they can re-queue you and you're worth more points than anyone else they can find, they are going to.

Or, they are running a max Jean buster combo and know your piddly 166 team isn't going to retaliate....so they hit until you are worth 1 point to them.

I'm pretty sure I double tapped you in red eye this morning trying to get to 1k. I won a fight to get 1k but came back to a loss. After a lot of skipping, you were still the only fight that would get me back over 1k so sorry. I saw you got points back after. I leave myself unshielded after 1k since I don't need the placement stuff so if you figure out I've passed 1k, hit me as many times as you need.

I had a different issue this morning and you doubled while I was shielded, so no worries. My problem was for the second time in the visor boy event, I lost points while shielded

Your hits came through with three other hits...one of them counted, the rest were shielded. At that point, the event was dead to me because I could see it was too late to break shield after losing points when I should not have. Kinda defeats the purpose of buying a shield.
  • it's tough enough to find matches worthwhile sometimes. If you're unshielded that long to be quadruple tapped, you're playing this game very very wrong; and you probably deserve to be tapped repeatedly.
  • I've been hit 9 times in an event by the same person from some top alliance. Honestly it doesn't bug me and if you're unshielded and I can beat your team, I'm gonna strike. If you pop up again, oh well.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nellobee wrote:
    The fact that meta-etiquette is even a thing is proof the pvp model is broken.

Just to repeat the obvious.

I couldn't thumb this up hard enough, so I'm quoting it for one more.

ispchucknorris.jpg
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I completely agree that the fact that a meta-etiquette even exists is a sign of a problem. That said, I get that people want points, need points to get the rewards. I just know that if I repeatedly hit the same player over and over and over and over again, I'd feel like a ****. Ymmv.

The real problem is, as others have alluded to, that the pool of available opponents is artificially low. D3 wants you to buy shields. They don't want you to have options. And that's the real "blurgh" of all of this.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Look, if you're sitting on Line waiting for people to announce that they're unshielding and trying to hit them as many times as possible as quickly as possible, you're a ****. If you're trying to squeeze in 15 minutes of play and the awful matchmaking system throws you two attractive fights against the same person in close succession, fair's fair.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Fwiw, I don't Line chat or coordinate. I'm too lazy. icon_e_smile.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tend to play against people the way I want them to play against me. I don't like getting hit multiple times by the same person, therefore, I go out of my way to not do it to someone else.

The difference is I am actively making the environment better rather than waiting for the environment to better itself.

It's the difference between "Treat others the way you want to be treated" - involves action on your part; and "If others treat me with kindness, I will be kind to them in return" - involving inaction first and waiting for others to act first.

Those that do not care about others simply care about themselves, and that is how the society we live in behaves in general so it is not surprising... frustrating, but not surprising. It does not bother them because that is how they were raised. It does not make it right, just makes it common place.

I know it is just a game, but it is also a reflection of us as individuals. Who you are comes out in how you work and how you play.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    It's interesting that someone tried to discredit the idea of player etiquette by bringing up FPS games when things like spawn camping and team killing are pretty much universally frowned upon by "civilized" players.