Demiurge Studios is hiring a Game Analyst

2»

Comments

• I wonder what the pay is like?

2500 HP, bi weekly.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder what the pay is like?
    Every payday they let you dip your hand into a vault and pull something out. 25% of the time you get a 5-pack of Red Bull...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Give someone a program, frustrate him for a week. Hire someone to fix the program, frustrate him for a lifetime
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Hmm.

MBA, PhD (e.g. statistical training), computer programmer here. Don't mind changing jobs. I'd love to hear more info, including a salary range (got to pay off those pesky student loans).

Who should I PM for details?
  • simonsez wrote:
    Every payday they let you dip your hand into a vault and pull something out. 25% of the time you get a 5-pack of Red Bull...

You owe me a coke and a keyboard.

• I wonder what the pay is like?

Benefits are centered around entertaining the oompa loompas.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

20 ISO

Capture_3.jpg
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    I think a boatload of people on this forum would be qualified to handle those key responsibilities.
    I'm not remotely qualified to do this kind of work based on those official requirements but game analysis is a natural passion of mine.
    This job seems awesome.

Hopefully it leads to some positive change icon_e_smile.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    The perfect candidate

dICcWmw.gif
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:

Collaborate with game designers to tune and balance live games
    Analyze the various game funnels looking for areas where players aren’t having fun or are getting stuck.
    Distribute quantitative information about overall game performance and performance of specific features to the team
    Identifying areas that require more data and prescribe ways to improve the data stream
    Canary in the coal mine: Monitor game performance and speak up if there’s a problem

You know, like when you could buy a 10-pack and get a guaranteed essential. That wasn't fun for us at all -- just ask the devs. /snark
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

2,798 posts you've made; and while I might not have read them all, I can say with some certainty that this is my favorite.