Thank you for the anniversary MERGED THREAD

Minox
Minox Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I just wanted to say thanks to the devs for the anniversary event. Even though it started out shaky it finished (IMO) with a bang. Tons of tokens to open, covers were flowing and alliance was happily working at Galactus.

Personally I got :
1 5*
5 Dino covers
3 Red Hulk covers
2 Cyclops covers
5 4* covers
Tons of 3*

Obviously my luck had a positive influence on my perception, but still...How did you feel and what did you haul in during the event?

Mod Edit: Merged the 2 other threads. There is a separate thread for the anniv 10 pack pulls as well, which can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33747

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got 2 Dino covers (down from 10 in the Y1 anniversary) and the rest was 2* covers.
    Literally the worst "event" I've taken part in.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/4 of a million iso, 25+ 4* covers (that included 3xCyc, 3XHulk, 5xdino (hopefully adding 2 more in the next couple hours from his pvp and season reward) , finished both of my 3*s that needed covers (all done with covering all of them now!), and finished optimal build on Vision, couple o legendary tokens added to be opened next season.. Completed my first 2 4*s to max/optimal.

This is without all the iso from black vortex and WoM bug, and missing the red cyc from round 1 of galactus.

This is what i call an epic anniversary!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    3/4 of a million iso, 25+ 4* covers (that included 3xCyc, 3XHulk, 5xdino (hopefully adding 2 more in the next couple hours from his pvp and season reward) , finished both of my 3*s that needed covers (all done with covering all of them now!), and finished optimal build on Vision, couple o legendary tokens added to be opened next season.. Completed my first 2 4*s to max/optimal.

This is without all the iso from black vortex and WoM bug, and missing the red cyc from round 1 of galactus.

i think you mathed wrong somewhere, there's no way you pulled in 750k iso this week
  • 2 Dinos, Elektra, and a few 3*s I didn't need. And a whole lot of 2*. At least the Elektra will help with DDQ this week.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

i think you mathed wrong somewhere, there's no way you pulled in 750k iso this week

during the entire event.. it is close to that, this includes the Simulator run, and the pvps, i still have 380k banked, leveled 1 4* to 166, 3 4*s to 172, and 1 4 all the way to 250 (they were all 100 or lower prior).. started the event with a whopping 12k iso..

so my math may be off a little, but not far off.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    I got 2 Dino covers (down from 10 in the Y1 anniversary) and the rest was 2* covers.
    Literally the worst "event" I've taken part in.

If the worst event you've ever taken part in gives you two 4* covers I'm scared to see how much you get from any other event.

I mean, jeez, you expecting to pull in 3 4*s during the Cyclops PVP?
  • Apart from what I brought up in my Galactus thread I've been happy overall with the anniversary since the tokens were fixed. And of course the mega fix to Galactus itself was crucial to saving what was nearly a disaster.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    The first half of the anniversary sucked big for me, pulled almost nothing from tokens, spent $20 on first day of sale and bought 4 roster slots. Once they loosened up the odds I started raking in the 4* covers.

started with 1510 hp ended with 885, bought 5 total roster slots

started with 50k iso ended with 64k after dumping hundreds of levels worth into Thoress and Devil Dino for the 4* DDQ challenges and finishing my last 20 levels on Black Panther to make him my 14th finished 3* character. Won TONS of iso.

Galactus Hungers token pulls:
    3* Blade, last green I needed to finish respec
    three unneeded 3*
    500HP

Anniversary Tokens
    3* Scarlet Witch purple 5/2/5
    4* Falcon America blue
    4* Hulk Buster black
    4* Falcon America blue #2 3/3/1
    4* Devil Dino red
    4* Devil Dino purple
    4* Mr Fantastic blue 1st cover for him!
    10 unneeded 3* covers

Anniversary PvP progression prizes of note
    4* DeadPool red 1K prize
    3* Bullseye purple 800 point 13th cover 5/3/5
    3* Rocket and Groot didn't need
    kinda gave up on Anniversary PvP once I got my 10 pack

Anniversary Compensation Tokens
    4* DeadPool purple

Anniversary PvP 1700 point 10 pack
    4* Devil Dino green 3/3/3
    2* covers X 9

Heroic Token I earned somehow
    4* Starlord yellow 3rd cover 0/2/1

Legendary Tokens from 2 4* DDQ challenges
    4* Deadpool purple 2/2/2
    4* Hulkbuster 2/2/1

Out of refreshes for Galactus so it looks like my Anniversary is over. Pulled 12 shiny new 4* covers, pretty happy with my results, so glad they loosened thing up for second half. How did you guys do?
  • 1 icon_antman.png
    6 icon_devildino.png
    2 icon_blackpanther.png
    1 icon_bullseye.png
    1 icon_elektra.png
    1 icon_ironfist.png
    1 icon_kingpin.png
    1 icon_magneto.png
    1 icon_mystique.png
    1 icon_nickfury.png
    1 icon_punisher.png
    1 icon_redhulk.png
    1 icon_shehulk.png
    2 icon_squirrelgirl.png

And some HP tokens and junk.

It was pretty darn rad overall. Might have forgotten a few things.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Thank you for the changes to Galactus! We had a much greater participation in my Alliance on the second run. Love the 8 hr. cooldowns! Thank you.
  • Wow. I pulled two Dinos (red/green) and an Elektra black. I got a 4hor yellow from the simulator legendary.

I did get 2900 hp, so there's that. And I bought a token every day and earned as many as I could.
    At least the Elektra will be helpful this week.
  • jdoe893
    jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    despite all the hiccups,who doesnt love the anniversary

double iso
    increased odds for covers
    easy win in galactus event
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Holy **** you got a lot of 4 star covers.
    I only got a purple Kingpin.
    For Devil Dino himself, I did alright. I got 1 Green, 2 Red, & 1 Purple.
    That Kingpin was my very first though, so there's that at least, so I won't be shut out the next time he's required for PVE.

Also a decent number of Dino covers, but mine is still 2 2 3, and will probably be stuck there for a full year because they probably won't add him to general release. Last year's aniv I had terrible luck with tokens too, as I got NO dino covers AT ALL from them. Just a single purple from the t100 from the very first PVP of the season.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I didn't track things specifically, and had a significant number of unusable gold covers, either from having the color maxed or from not wanting to retrain. I picked up the yellow Cyclops cover and the purple and green Red Hulk covers during their respective Galactus runs. During the first one, I struggled to break the 300k reward make; during the second one I hit the legendary token, which got me icon_silversurfer.pngredflag.png . On top of that, I pulled my fifth blue cover for Fury and a green XFW, and gained/spent enough ISO to bring GSBW, Cyclops, Scarlet Witch, and Hulk, and Juggernaut to their maxes (153 for Hulk, as I'm lacking the third red cover), retrain Loki to 535 (from originally 355), and took Devil Dino from 112 to 233, and pulled at least one Colossus black. Squirrel Girl has gotten cover maxed, and 3* Bullseye hit a 4th black.

My roster slots are up to 950 now (73 characters), but I picked up a $20 pack on the first day of the sale, so I'm sitting on about 5k HP between what I had beforehand and a 600 HP pull from a anniversary or Galactus token.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before the odds tweak, **** was ****. After the odds tweak, I got a Thing, a couple Devil Dino covers, I think four usable 3* covers (Doc Ock, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther and Cyclops) and a ton of other covers which were either unusable because the character is already how I want him/her, or amounted to taunting me (:blackflag: Torch 3* when I specifically want to respec him to 3 black and 5 red and he's at 5 black and 3 red).

Second half of the anniversary was much kinder to me. Ended up, between Galactus and Anniversary tokens, with four 4* pulls - two Dinos, a Mr. Fantastic, and a Thing.

Mobile wasn't quite as lucky, partly because I don't spend money on mobile and so didn't have HP to play with, but I did get a Red Hulk over there.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blimey I didn't keep track. Erm...

I think my Devil Dino was 3/1/3 or something close to that at the start. He's 5/4/4 now.
    I got my first 5* from the legendary token from Galactus round 2. My alliance was kick-**** enough to just squeak round 7 with half an hour to go so we got two Rulk covers.

I hit 1000 in every Anniversary PvP and got a Mr Fantastic from the legendary overall.

Didn't get any Iron Fist covers though, which is what I hoped for. He's damned illusive for me.

Can't remember if I got any other 4*s though.
  • Nice, I didn't really keep track but got tinykitty loads of Devil Dino - going into Anniversary week, had him at 2/2/1 - now have him at 5/4/3 - so 7 Dino covers was probably not a bad return.

Along with that, the ones i got in the last 3 days include: X-Force (yellow), Mr. Fantastic (Black), ProfX (purple) and to top it off from the final Galactus token managed to pull Red Hulk (Red)

So overall, quite successful I'd say!
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    The second half of it was fun, that's for sure. Hopefully the third anniversary will go without a hiccup after what they have learned.
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    I have a Devil Dino who has 5 red covers so of course the only Devil Dino cover I get is the red one. And the progression reward in the Devil Dino PVP is the red one. Also the Top 100 Alliance reward for the Anniversary is the red one. So my 3/5/4 Devil Dino remains the same as it was last year. Looking at it, you can tell how much better the odds were in the first anniversary netting me a total of 12 Devil Dino covers back then as compared to one this time around. Don't mind too much as I don't really use Devil Dino except during Anniversary. icon_razz.gif

I did get one usable 4* cover from the tokens I think and I haven't opened any of the Legendary tokens I have received since it was implemented as I'm waiting for the start of next season. Hopefully, I beat the extreme odds and pull only 5* covers. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    I can't really complain since I got a lot of pretty good covers the first run, but the second run didn't get me much... I would rather get beat up by Galactus and get cool 4* covers than beat him easily for 40 ISO-8 each time... Best thing I got second run was one anniversary token for a Green Gamora I didn't need...