What 5 Stars Bring to the Game

2»

Comments

• Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    The game's been going this long without releasing much new content, only new characters. If people played it for the last 2 years they'll probably play it for the next 2 also.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I think it depends in part on Marvel's licensing arm. If you haven't noticed, there has been a few games released for Marvel comics based characters. While there is probably some synergy, where players would play more than one game, there could also be a cannibal effect where players drop one game for another. So following that logic, it wouldn't surprise me if in the near future another Marvel game is released, say a trading card game, that pulls players from MPQ.

I view the situation as similar to the Subway sandwich franchise. It's not secret that business has been down for same store sales, and part of the reason why is because Subway licensed too many franchisees. So consumers would go to one Subway restaurant instead of another (i.e. for convenience) rather than continue patronizing both. I could see Marvel Entertainment licensing more games, particularly for mobile platform, that would eat into MPQ player base. So will MPQ be around 2 years from now? It depends on Marvel, in my view.
  • I believe as a 5* yes they should be unique(excuse the cliche) and they should also be very over powered. I mean OML has 6 moves but they could be waaaay better?(stronger?) same goes for SilverSurfer like the devs said that they want a single 5* cover to be useful as opposed to a single 4* being weak.

(I just want the SilverSurfer's black to blow up like magnetic flux when it reaches 0 and man just go all out 5* is insane make his passive where when they try to stun him it stuns them) y'all can handle OML<3
  • 5*s bring a tier into the game to which progression is completely determined by luck.

Every time i pull an an unneeded cover from a legendary token (which so far has been EVERY time), i am less and less inclined to put in an effort (let alone grind) for another one.

Probably working as intended.

easy...marc
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Personally, I just hope there is ONE thing that they DON"T give to 5* characters - Speed.
    By which I mean, don't give them abilities that are either low AP or easy accelerators for other abilities. The 5* already have huge health and massive match damage so making them fast killers will just make them even worse to face in PVP.

I think 5* characters should be what the the designers wanted originally -> characters that enable "epic" matches where abilities turn the tide of battle rather than effectively ending the battle on turn 3 or 4.

I suppose there could be a speedy character in 5* land, but said character needs to be carefully balanced so as not to run amok on the meta landscape.

Basically - please don't create the equivalent of a 5* (old school) Sentry. That is all.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Personally, I just hope there is ONE thing that they DON"T give to 5* characters - Speed.
    By which I mean, don't give them abilities that are either low AP or easy accelerators for other abilities. The 5* already have huge health and massive match damage so making them fast killers will just make them even worse to face in PVP.

I think 5* characters should be what the the designers wanted originally -> characters that enable "epic" matches where abilities turn the tide of battle rather than effectively ending the battle on turn 3 or 4.

I suppose there could be a speedy character in 5* land, but said character needs to be carefully balanced so as not to run amok on the meta landscape.

Basically - please don't create the equivalent of a 5* (old school) Sentry. That is all.

This is a very good point. The current 5 stars are already ridiculously strong with just match damage, giving them fast high damage attacks would end the ability for 4 stars to compete. This should be the one thing they make sure not to do. Or create a much lower health version of a 5 star. We need to have at least the ability to deny AP and stick with just match damage.