IceIX Appreciation thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I just want to point out that IceIX isn't just a messenger. The idea of "not shooting the messenger" implies that the messenger is a neutral party with the limited function of simply delivering a message. IceIX isn't just the messenger, then; he's also a member of the invested party who creates the deliverable message.

I get that responding to us on the forums is "just one of his many hats." But like, maybe they should hire more heads for those hats. And/or reconsider prioritizing monetization over player engagement.
  • Dankaminari
    Options
    I agree with others. IceIX handles a thankless job quite well. Thank you.
  • Unknown
    Options
    FoxyMulder wrote:
    I just want to point out that IceIX isn't just a messenger. The idea of "not shooting the messenger" implies that the messenger is a neutral party with the limited function of simply delivering a message. IceIX isn't just the messenger, then; he's also a member of the invested party who creates the deliverable message.

I get that responding to us on the forums is "just one of his many hats." But like, maybe they should hire more heads for those hats. And/or reconsider prioritizing monetization over player engagement.

More importantly he looks assigned to look at the forums and gather the feedback that gets, uh, fed back into the dev process. Not like it happening.

Even more importantly, the team may be responsible for certain changes, but he is the one fully responsible for the MESSAGE itself. It's initial presentation and any attached explanation (or lack of it).

I see big deal of people pissed more about the latter than the change itself, finding the message way detached from reality, inplausible. See all the 'don't take us for fools/imbeciles' comments. That is about the explanation. See the one attached to roster slot packaging change for an easy example. I guess just refusing explanation would have created more peace of mind, why add insult to injuries really.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I agree with others. IceIX handles a thankless job quite well. Thank you.

Comes to mind, WHY on earth it it a thankless job really? If we get a series of changes all for players' sake and improvements of the game isn't it a joy to do all the announcements? And be part of joy discussing how greatly everyone will benefit from the impediments gone and cool, fun stuff added?

There is a fly in the ointment.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's my understanding as a software developer who also has to talk to my clients (in my case, law enforcement personnel who believe computers are a modern form of Ouija board), the thanks come in the form of salary and bonuses. If IceX isn't being thanked by his employer for his efforts, I might be able to help him find a much better position with an employer that will.