Roster Help

edited November 2015 in Roster and Level Help
http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/nachodoritos/

50 days in

So I'm at a bit of a tough spot. I'm new to this game, but I've recently had quite a bit of luck with drops and tokens and I now have a full roster of mostly 1 cover 3* characters. I've been trying to read guides but they all are based on the idea that you start with the basic 1* characters and maxed their abilities. I've got some good leveled up characters but I have no idea how to use them and can't seem to figure out how to team them up. Should I drop some in efforts to level up more common characters? I'm okay just playing along but it's gotten to the point where I take DevilD and Sam Wilson with whatever top healed character into a trivial fight and lose icon_e_confused.gif I didn't know you could be bad at a match 3 game icon_rolleyes.gif

:edit: I just got 3* Beast in a drop. Should I drop someone or keep it how it is?
«1

Comments

  • locknesslockness Age Unconfirmed Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    I would hate to tell you to drop any of your 3*. One cover 3* aren't going to sustain your game play much, but having a solid 2* roster will enable you to win 3* much faster. Build your 2* Thor 355, Storm 553, OBW 355, Ares 445, and Daken xx5 to level 94. OBW, especially, is considered top tier in 2* land. Aside from PVE, you can win more 2* by playing Lightening Rounds, which runs in 1.5-hr increments for 48hrs starting Tuesday afternoons. Also, seed teams in regular PVP events can help you build your 2*.

    Save all your HP for roster slots. If you haven't finished prologue, there's HP in each chapter to be won to help you with roster slots. Plus, there's a Daken blue cover to add to your unfinished Daken.

    Your 2* (covered and leveled) should also help you win additional 3* covers in Deadpool Daily's Big Enchilada. You've got enough 3* to win two Taco tokens and unlock BE, so you should be earning more covers with your 2* team. I started winning 3* covers in BE with level 75 2*Storm, Thor, and OBW - eventually, switched out OBW for 2*Magneto. Though, others have used other 2* teams to great effect - there's a thread in Tips and Guides you can read to see strategies for different teams.
  • lockness wrote:
    I would hate to tell you to drop any of your 3*. One cover 3* aren't going to sustain your game play much, but having a solid 2* roster will enable you to win 3* much faster. Build your 2* Thor 355, Storm 553, OBW 355, Ares 445, and Daken xx5 to level 94. OBW, especially, is considered top tier in 2* land. Aside from PVE, you can win more 2* by playing Lightening Rounds, which runs in 1.5-hr increments for 48hrs starting Tuesday afternoons. Also, seed teams in regular PVP events can help you build your 2*.

    Save all your HP for roster slots. If you haven't finished prologue, there's HP in each chapter to be won to help you with roster slots. Plus, there's a Daken blue cover to add to your unfinished Daken.

    Your 2* (covered and leveled) should also help you win additional 3* covers in Deadpool Daily's Big Enchilada. You've got enough 3* to win two Taco tokens and unlock BE, so you should be earning more covers with your 2* team. I started winning 3* covers in BE with level 75 2*Storm, Thor, and OBW - eventually, switched out OBW for 2*Magneto. Though, others have used other 2* teams to great effect - there's a thread in Tips and Guides you can read to see strategies for different teams.

    Thank you so much for your suggestions! I'll focus on building up my 2*s. Post anniversary event, I've got a bunch of new 2*s and a few 3* waiting in my queue. Any I should drop someone else for? Currently finishing up prologues with HP.

    1* Hawkeye classic red
    1* Storm modern 2x yellow, black
    1* Venom 2x purple, black
    2* Steve Rogers blue, yellow
    2* Magento purple
    2* Wolverine red
    3* Steve Rogers blue
    3* Daredevil purple
    3* Beast blue
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you're limited by hp, I'd roster mnmags and 2*wolverine and cut loose dino and vision. to me you need more depth with your 2*s. pve is likely where you're going to be making your mark for a while and depth is key in pve. that said, I'd also try and make room for both steve rogers - if you have to drop 3*s for those, I'd look at bullseye and quicksilver. you'll get more use out of 2* cap than those until your 3* cap is covered and 3* cap is a stud.

    mnmags is a top tier 3* that still gets used - probably more than any other 2* for me right not - mostly for feeding cap, but also in my 2* big enchilada team. in 2* play, he's a great partner for 2*storm. you're about at the spot where I broke down and bought hp for roster slots. this game kind of forces you to either buy or make some tough, **** decisions about your roster. good luck.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    if you're limited by hp, I'd roster mnmags and 2*wolverine and cut loose dino and vision. to me you need more depth with your 2*s. pve is likely where you're going to be making your mark for a while and depth is key in pve. that said, I'd also try and make room for both steve rogers - if you have to drop 3*s for those, I'd look at bullseye and quicksilver. you'll get more use out of 2* cap than those until your 3* cap is covered and 3* cap is a stud.

    mnmags is a top tier 3* that still gets used - probably more than any other 2* for me right not - mostly for feeding cap, but also in my 2* big enchilada team. in 2* play, he's a great partner for 2*storm. you're about at the spot where I broke down and bought hp for roster slots. this game kind of forces you to either buy or make some tough, **** decisions about your roster. good luck.

    Thank you so much for taking the time to help. I dropped vision, bullseye, and quicksilver and picked up mnmags, 2* wolverine, and 3* steve. From what I've read on the forums/generally heard, dino is considered a really terrible character. I know his abilities are bad for a 4*, but his health is really helpful in hard matches and his damage is always my highest. I am seeing it completely wrong?

    Additionally, should I sit on my recruit tokens or keep opening them? I'd rather sit on them as I have no roster spots open for good characters, but I'm tempted by the idea of building up my 2* characters.
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    re: dino - if you're using him and he is helping you, keep him. but, I think you'll get more use out of axwolvie and for sure mnmags in the long run. dino will never be essential (according to the reds, but things change sometimes) and never be buffed except for his pvp one time a year. now they've said this, but they're adding 4*s left and right and my guess is that there is a possibility of them adding him into the regular rotation with maybe a buff in the future. to me it would have to be soon because we've all just had lots of opportunities to get him. so, if you're using him and want to keep him, keep him until thanksgiving or Christmas and then re-evaluate. if he isn't in the mainstream (buffs/tokens) by then, I think its safe to drop him if you've moved past using him.

    as tempting as they are to open, if you don't have hp available for slots, I'd sit on them. one source some don't consider for 2* covers is lightning rounds. if you get in during the first minute of an LR, you get seeds for 6-8 matches and every match drops either iso, a token, or a cover and some of those covers are 2*s.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    re: dino - if you're using him and he is helping you, keep him. but, I think you'll get more use out of axwolvie and for sure mnmags in the long run. dino will never be essential (according to the reds, but things change sometimes) and never be buffed except for his pvp one time a year. now they've said this, but they're adding 4*s left and right and my guess is that there is a possibility of them adding him into the regular rotation with maybe a buff in the future. to me it would have to be soon because we've all just had lots of opportunities to get him. so, if you're using him and want to keep him, keep him until thanksgiving or Christmas and then re-evaluate. if he isn't in the mainstream (buffs/tokens) by then, I think its safe to drop him if you've moved past using him.

    as tempting as they are to open, if you don't have hp available for slots, I'd sit on them. one source some don't consider for 2* covers is lightning rounds. if you get in during the first minute of an LR, you get seeds for 6-8 matches and every match drops either iso, a token, or a cover and some of those covers are 2*s.

    Thanks for the advice! I'll hold onto him for now. I've been getting a bunch of 2* covers from LRs so my 2*s are coming along well. Now I've just got to build up iso.

    I placed decently in the deadpool pve so I've got enough hp to pick up a character:

    4* Iceman blue
    3* Cyclops
    3* Vision red, blue
    3* Hood black
    3* Daredevil purple
    3* Beast blue
    2* Steve Rogers blue, yellow
    2* Bullseye black
    2* Human Torch
    2* Hawkeye
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    that list has several top tier characters in the game. iceman, 3* steve, hood, and 3*Cyclops all need to be kept. if you could update your roster and let me know I could give more advice. this is why tokens need to sit until you have roster space for something new.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    that list has several top tier characters in the game. iceman, 3* steve, hood, and 3*Cyclops all need to be kept. if you could update your roster and let me know I could give more advice. this is why tokens need to sit until you have roster space for something new.

    Thank you for your time. I updated my roster (mostly just leveling those 2*). Do you mean 2* steve? I picked up 3*. I've 435hp and next roster costs 300. I've got 100 from a supply drop in ~4 days and I've got at least 100 I can work from the prologue. I'll get a few from the hulk pvp in a day and lightning rounds are tomorrow. Do you know if there's a topic on the forum about the roster spot costs? Or do they stay 300? I was also curious to know if recruit tokens from events expire after the events finish? ex. If I received a DP vs MPQ token and held onto it, would I still be able to recruit it after the event had finished?


    ~6 days on 2* Steve
    ~10 days on Hood
    ~ 11 days on Iceman
    ~13 days on 3*Cyc
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    tokens never expire. took me a while to realize that too. they will be there to the right of all the active event award pages (just like inactive ddq vaults that have stocked tacos).

    slots step up in costs up to 1000hp. for me, the 75th slot costs 950 hp. whenever it hits 1000, it caps and each slot is 1K from then on. slots are critically important, especially early on in an mpq career.

    2* cap has uses, but hood, ice, and 3cyc are nails and you need to find a way for all 3 to make your roster. I must have read the cap wrong on your last post - thought it was 3*, then saw the 3* on your roster, so got mixed up and thought you had updated some of your roster but not all.

    worst case scenario, if you have to sell a current character for one of the ones waiting, you won't miss im40 that much.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    tokens never expire. took me a while to realize that too. they will be there to the right of all the active event award pages (just like inactive ddq vaults that have stocked tacos).

    slots step up in costs up to 1000hp. for me, the 75th slot costs 950 hp. whenever it hits 1000, it caps and each slot is 1K from then on. slots are critically important, especially early on in an mpq career.

    2* cap has uses, but hood, ice, and 3cyc are nails and you need to find a way for all 3 to make your roster. I must have read the cap wrong on your last post - thought it was 3*, then saw the 3* on your roster, so got mixed up and thought you had updated some of your roster but not all.

    worst case scenario, if you have to sell a current character for one of the ones waiting, you won't miss im40 that much.

    Oh. Wow. Ok I feel a lot more comfortable sitting on tokens.

    I decided I've spent enough hrs playing to spend some money on it. I bought 600hp so I grabbed Ice, Hood, 3*cyc. I can grab another now and another in a few days. Opened an EOS recruit so here's the list:

    3*MoStorm yellow
    3*Vision red, blue
    3* Daredevil purple
    3* Beast blue
    2* Steve yellow, blue
    2* Bulleye black
    2* Hawkeye blue
    2* Johnny Storm green
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    3*MoStorm yellow
    3*Vision red, blue
    3* Daredevil purple
    3* Beast blue
    2* Steve yellow, blue
    2* Bulleye black
    2* Hawkeye blue
    2* Johnny Storm green
    there are no no-brainers there and it will be generally subjective. personally I'd find the most use out of 3*storm but others might prefer daredevil (she was one of my g2 trio that never lost). a few might even prefer beast. also, depending on your 2* bunch, someone like torch or cap might be useful. we'll see if anyone else closer to your roster level has any opinions, but mostorm would be my choice.
  • First of all, welcome everybody icon_e_smile.gif

    Let me join to this topic with my roster : http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/mangol/

    Other available covers:
    * Black Widow (Purple)
    ** Steve Rogers (Red)
    ** Daken (Black)
    ** Thor (Red)
    ** Magneto (2x Purple)
    ** Wolverine (Yellow)
    ** Ares (Green)
    ** Hawkeye (Red)
    ** Storm (Blue & Yellow)
    ** Moonstone (Purple & Red)
    *** Rocket & Groot (Yellow)
    *** Punisher (Red)

    Any advises what to change/train? Currently collecting golden tokens for additional 3 slots in roster

    Best regards
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    mangol wrote:
    First of all, welcome everybody icon_e_smile.gif

    Let me join to this topic with my roster : http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/mangol/

    Other available covers:
    * Black Widow (Purple)
    ** Steve Rogers (Red)
    ** Daken (Black)
    ** Thor (Red)
    ** Magneto (2x Purple)
    ** Wolverine (Yellow)
    ** Ares (Green)
    ** Hawkeye (Red)
    ** Storm (Blue & Yellow)
    ** Moonstone (Purple & Red)
    *** Rocket & Groot (Yellow)
    *** Punisher (Red)

    Any advises what to change/train? Currently collecting golden tokens for additional 3 slots in roster

    Best regards
    mangol - welcome to the game. it would be very interesting to go back to the beginning where you are and redo things. its been a loooong time since I've been there, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt - they may be out of touch with the current beginning process.

    right now im35, storm, and soon, jugs will be your main characters and they will serve well, but if I remember right, they will be quickly replaced with 2*s. I actually did most all of my early game with im35 and 1*bw. FYI eventually you'll only have jugs on your roster, so I wouldn't put any more iso into storm - im35 will be your main damage dealer until you get jugs leveled, but you might not need to level him any more. top 2*s in the game are obw, ares, storm, mnmags, and thor. daken and axwolverine are also very useful 2*s. rostering and starting on 2* thor, mags, ares and storm are critical. if you have to sell anything, sell bagman first. then I'm not sure what direction to point you - I'd consider selling off fantastic, but that would really hurt later. he's not a great character, but selling any 4* hurts. fantastic, squirrel girl - both bottom tier in their rarities and won't kill you later on. neither are 'unsellable' like others would be. grocket is good and punisher is average, so if I were you I'd probably do this if I didn't have the next slots available when the covers expire:

    I'd sell bagman, bullseye, marvel and fantastic and roster thor, mags, storm and ares. I'd also really try and start daken and axwolverine. I'd probably sell 1*bw and squirrel girl for them. then, in about 3 hrs, I'd be playing as many seed teams in lightning rounds this week as I could to finish the 1* covers and add 2* covers, and for iso. if you're close to any hp in the prologue, get it. good luck. if I had extra time, I'd start a second acct just to see what its like - I think some of it has changed since I went through.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    mangol - welcome to the game. it would be very interesting to go back to the beginning where you are and redo things. its been a loooong time since I've been there, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt - they may be out of touch with the current beginning process.

    Currently finished Venom campain. Got HAMMER campaing fully finished with all rewards.

    TxMoose wrote:
    right now im35, storm, and soon, jugs will be your main characters and they will serve well, but if I remember right, they will be quickly replaced with 2*s. I actually did most all of my early game with im35 and 1*bw. FYI eventually you'll only have jugs on your roster, so I wouldn't put any more iso into storm - im35 will be your main damage dealer until you get jugs leveled, but you might not need to level him any more.
    Roger that icon_e_smile.gif
    TxMoose wrote:
    then I'm not sure what direction to point you - I'd consider selling off fantastic, but that would really hurt later. he's not a great character, but selling any 4* hurts.

    Actually he is working very well as a tank with Storm in team (Destroying tiles from hailstorm activate Fantastic passive) and he've decent dmg

    TxMoose wrote:
    I'd sell bagman, bullseye, marvel and fantastic and roster thor, mags, storm and ares. I'd also really try and start daken and axwolverine. I'd probably sell 1*bw and squirrel girl for them. then, in about 3 hrs, I'd be playing as many seed teams in lightning rounds this week as I could to finish the 1* covers and add 2* covers, and for iso. if you're close to any hp in the prologue, get it. good luck. if I had extra time, I'd start a second acct just to see what its like - I think some of it has changed since I went through.

    Gonna do this (maybe leave Fantastic now). Currently missing 150 hp to next 3 slots, so dakken and axwolverine will be on. Also I read whole topic and tips that You wrote earlier and stopped using all tokens now icon_e_smile.gif

    Regards
  • Day 10th update:
    Roster updated. Removed heroes that weren't used. Curretnly got covers for:
    **** Ant Man (Yellow)
    *** Wolverine (Yellow)
    *** Sam Wilson (Purple)
    *** Bullseye (Green)
    *** Punisher (Red)
    *** Groot (Yellow)
    ** Steve Rogers (Red, 2x Yellow, Blue)
    ** Human Torch (Red)

    200 hp missing for another 3 roster places. 50 or 100 hp will be awarded from PvP event (depending if I'll be attacked in next hour). I'm thinking about adding Steve to my roster (4 covers aren't that bad) but I don't know what should I remove. Iso's are being collected and are used to lvl my ** heroes like magneto/storm. Do I had to still lvl up my * Iron Man?

    Regards
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    2* cap is not great. he'll provide some utility for goon nodes later, but that would not be my focus now, especially with antman or grocket or falcon in your queue. I'd sell squirrel girl and 2* bullseye for antman and either falcon or grocket. and I would stop leveling the 1*s and pour it into the 2*s. your im35 is enough to handle 1* ddq by himself and I don't think will benefit that much from those last few levels - at least until you get the others level maxed.

    personally I use falcon more than grocket, but grocket can be very strong. grocket blue is slow but hits hard and he can heal. but any time you hear 'slow', means other characters around him will be taking damage, so he's not used as often as faster options. he can heal up (once covered), but others usually can't. falcon is great with pve goons or against a cd creator. not an offensive type character, but I'd take him over 2* cap any day. problem is, you'd be able to cover your 2* much faster than falcon or grocket, but 2cap's usefulness is pretty limited.

    your guys are at that level where they can hide behind a featured loaner in pvp events. I'd play as many of those as I could to get the cover drops - some are 2*s. and if those new covers in your queue are from tokens, I recommend stop opening tokens unless you have some way right now to roster new characters. if they are from event finishes, congrats.
  • Day 15th update:
    Roster updated. Replaced some heroes and got additional 3 places in roster, which were used to include Blad, Groot, Antman and Sam Wilson. Curretnly got covers for:
    *** Steve Rogers (Yellow)
    *** Spiderman (Yellow & Purple)
    *** Quicksilver (Blue)
    *** Gamora (Red
    *** Wolverine (Yellow)
    *** Punisher (Red)
    ** Human Torch (Red, Black)

    325 hp missing for another 3 roster places. I felt power of Sam Willson and Antman in PvP/PvE events, they're awsome. Got many covers from those events recently and from token (only Quicksilver were new champ from tokens). Currently cannot play Lightning rounds, so I'll level my **Storm later. On PvP events I'm aiming at 10-25 place so rewards are decent icon_e_smile.gif (Magneto*** covers will be added ***Deadpool after next PvP events). Which champs should I add to my roster after new places will be added?

    Regards
  • TxMoose wrote:
    3*MoStorm yellow
    3*Vision red, blue
    3* Daredevil purple
    3* Beast blue
    2* Steve yellow, blue
    2* Bulleye black
    2* Hawkeye blue
    2* Johnny Storm green
    there are no no-brainers there and it will be generally subjective. personally I'd find the most use out of 3*storm but others might prefer daredevil (she was one of my g2 trio that never lost). a few might even prefer beast. also, depending on your 2* bunch, someone like torch or cap might be useful. we'll see if anyone else closer to your roster level has any opinions, but mostorm would be my choice.

    I was wondering if you could help me out with a roster dilemma..I had enough hp for another spot so I opened a few tokens just to see. Unfortunately, after that I got prizes so I'm a bit unsure.

    3* Scarlet Witch green
    3* Deadpool red
    3* Bullseye purple
    3* SheHulk green

    I've also finally managed to consistently beat DDQ so I'm getting 3* covers there (when I have the characters).
  • PogoPogo Age Unconfirmed Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I was wondering if you could help me out with a roster dilemma..I had enough hp for another spot so I opened a few tokens just to see. Unfortunately, after that I got prizes so I'm a bit unsure.

    3* Scarlet Witch green
    3* Deadpool red
    3* Bullseye purple
    3* SheHulk green

    I've also finally managed to consistently beat DDQ so I'm getting 3* covers there (when I have the characters).
    Oof. I don't like 3-star Bullseye very much, but the other three that you pulled are serious business. I hope you don't have to choose just one.

    (For what it's worth, Scarlet Witch should be a DDQ very soon)
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering if you could help me out with a roster dilemma..I had enough hp for another spot so I opened a few tokens just to see. Unfortunately, after that I got prizes so I'm a bit unsure.

    3* Scarlet Witch green
    3* Deadpool red
    3* Bullseye purple
    3* SheHulk green
    I'd prioritize witch and deadpool over the other 2. witch is so useful at nearly all levels of play (if blue was covered during my 2* days, her and obw or hawkeye would be sick - still use her with mnmags for things).
Sign In or Register to comment.