Great fix on Galactus

2»

Comments

• Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been too busy IRL to give much playtime, but the little I have done today has made me want to play again. I was one of the first to slate the sheer absurdity of the first run, so it is only fair and right that I praise them for the improvements. As for easiness, who really cares? For those who are breezing through the refreshes in 10 minutes. Congratulations you get more time for versus and story events. For us bottom feeders with less developed rosters it is giving us a sense that we may have a chance at getting some good rewards with a little time and effort
  • The balance now is fair: multiple teams possible and can actually do some moves. My alliance will get through Round 8, and it's party time. The difficulty jump in the last round was fine. It forced me to a new team and at least one member almost dies. But feels like a game. icon_e_smile.gif
    Thanks, D3.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    The balance now is fair: multiple teams possible and can actually do some moves. My alliance will get through Round 8, and it's party time. The difficulty jump in the last round was fine. It forced me to a new team and at least one member almost dies. But feels like a game. icon_e_smile.gif
    Thanks, D3.

This I agree with.

All they would have to do in addition is make just 1 node a bit harder each round.

Cost health packs / balance on the nodes but don't bring back that first crazy galactus.
  • The balance now is fair: multiple teams possible and can actually do some moves. My alliance will get through Round 8, and it's party time. The difficulty jump in the last round was fine. It forced me to a new team and at least one member almost dies. But feels like a game. icon_e_smile.gif
    Thanks, D3.

If many teams have good results may believe that the opponent is common. This is not Galactus epic comic book. At most it would be a 4 * forced.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Credit where credit is due- the second run is waaaaaaaayyyyyyy more fun.
  • 1st Galactus:
    GalactusCover_zpsh6iyf0na.jpg

2nd Galactus:
    GalactusCover2_zpsishky64z.jpg

In other words: 5 * can only be considered 5 * when they are maximized.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thumbs up from me as well - the first Galactus was pretty miserable, but this one did a complete 180. I like the fact that it is possible to recover from a bad board, as you get a significantly larger margin of error for bad luck. I've still been killed several times, but my Punisher/Patch/Iron Fist team (or Punisher/Hulk/Kamala) has won probably 70% of the time through round seven, which seems reasonable. My alliance barely finished round six on the first run, but it looks likely we'll finish round seven this time around.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I complained enough about everything during the first round so I just wanted to thank D3 for the changes they made during the second run. made it feel much more like an aniversary
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH, for making the Galactus event how it should have been in the first place!

:+D
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Loads more fun,much better rewards.we called 4 u to save our anniversary and u delivered.well done.can u plz stop giving me jean greys green though it breaks my heart 2 throw her covers away!
  • Mazza
    Mazza Posts: 41
    Better. Def better. Also dig the time frame. It's nice to not have to grind all the time!