Great fix on Galactus

wirius
wirius Posts: 667
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Thanks D3 for the Galactus fixes. MUCH better and actually enjoyable. In fact, I like this one more than Ultron. Also good call on the anniversary token fixes. The anniversary was pretty abysmal before, its actually fun now!

P.S. 20 man double iso lightning rounds for the last day or two would end this anniversary on a high note

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also like this more than Ultron. Ultron can feel like a significant grind after a while. Galactus can be burned through on a refresh in about half an hour.
  • I also really like Galactus now, thank you for the adjustments.

I don't have a strong roster (~9 cover 3* land), so I'm really puzzling through the Galactus fights and trying to figure out what the best match is on each move between delay, deny, damage, and board shake. It's actually really slow for me, but I guess that's how I like to play. The great thing is that I at least have that choice now, instead of two swaps and dead. Still don't think I'll be able to win in Rnd 6, but maybe I'll at least do some damage along the way.

Thanks again for the "new" event.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I agree.

I think one of the best changes that they made was to maintain a wide range of difficulties for the essential pins. I haven't played yet this refresh, but there was still at least one very trivial node.

If that trend continues, it means that even people with beginning rosters will be able to contribute somewhat to their alliance scores in the later rounds. Gives them a reason to keep checking in every 8 hours.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I agree.

I think one of the best changes that they made was to maintain a wide range of difficulties for the essential pins. I haven't played yet this refresh, but there was still at least one very trivial node.

If that trend continues, it means that even people with beginning rosters will be able to contribute somewhat to their alliance scores in the later rounds. Gives them a reason to keep checking in every 8 hours.

I really appreciate this as well. Its nice to have the ability to mess around here and there with undercovered/underleveled heroes for higher end rosters, and it opens up points to new players. Well done!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll definitely say it's a lot more fun. Last one was a delicate dance of just unloading tremendous amounts of damage. This one can vary a bit - I'm having a lot of fun putting the Hulk in there, letting him take it on the green chin for a bit, then just destroying massive parts of the board over and over again.

The damage may get too much for Bruce in the later rounds, we'll see. If that's the case, at least I'll be able to come up with a new strategy rather than boosting and praying.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Would just like to post as well that this round has been excellent. The very small changes that have been made in response to the players' feedback has made a world of difference in the enjoyability of the event. The devs get a lot of **** about bad events, broken mechanics, and unfair boards, it's about time they did something right and I want to be sure they get credit for it. I'm really enjoying Galactus Round 2.

Keep the good stuff coming, the players will thank you!
  • Quick Fire
    Quick Fire Posts: 67 Match Maker
    edited October 2015
    Agreed. I don't play games that aren't fun. It's kind of a rule. I put this game down last weekend because it wasn't fun and there were more important things to do than lose intentionally.

That said, awesome improvements. My alliance still won't finish but we're very casual and will celebrate the increased accomplishments we do make.

Thank you for listening D3
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's too easy now!

/runs away while getting pelted by tomatoes icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • OnyxSnake
    OnyxSnake Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Thumbs up for the fixes!
    Wish I didn't have to wait 8 hours to play.
  • OnyxSnake
    It's too easy now!

Pass me my catapult.....
  • OnyxSnake
    It's too easy now!

Pass me my catapult.....
  • It is fairly simple now. I'm not complaining but I haven't lost once yet and we are only about 200k away from round 8 where I'm sure it will get worse.

The natural levels of my characters are 110,100 and 94. Somehow I don't think it was supposed to be THAT easy.
  • It's too easy now!

Oh no, I like being able to wipe galactus with my bagman, yelena, venom team.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I'm disappointed this thread isn't more popular. Everyone was quick to run to the forum to complain (rightly so) about the MANY problems this anniversary. The Devs listened to our complaints, admitted their mistakes and made corrections (except for 20 man LRs). I do think that it's too easy now, but that's how it SHOULD be. It's now fun and accessible to everyone, with pretty decent rewards as a thank you for two years of support. Great job everyone voicing your concerns and thank you to the Devs for listening.

Now if only we could get some 20 man LRs........ icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    great response to deserved feedback - event is much better - for the very top end players it may be one or two notches to easy but for those without huge rosters its great to have other options available - my 533 hulk doesn't cut it but this time there are a variety of teams I can use rather than just try to do what little damage I can in 3 turns to not let me alliance down
  • Hulk/PX and wait for it... Squirrel Girl!
    That's right, SG is beating the big guy and I LOVE it.
    It is easy enough even in round 8 for me to use squirrel girl.
    All is right in the universe.

It is an anniversary event, and it should feel like a celebration by giving birthday party attendees a piñata that is full of candy and 3 feet off the ground... Not 7 feet.

Love it, love it... Heck yes LOVE IT
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's too easy now!

It really is too easy now
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    There are still a lot of things about the anniversary that I dislike.

However, credit where credit is due! The changes to Galactus have greatly improved the fight. Much more fun now!

The nodes to get to him aren't completely impossible and the rewards for each fight seem much better. Fights against G actually last more than 2 turns!!

Good job, Devs!

Now fix the rest of the complaints, please!
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Wanted to give a shout out to the devs on this one too - my alliance is mostly newer people, and the first time by round 4 most of them were almost entirely shut out and during round 5 there was only three of us who were still consistently winning. This time around a lot more people are still engaged. We probably will get to round 6, but I don't think we'll get the Hulk cover - which I imagine is about where we as a mostly newbie alliance should be.
  • Benjermain
    Benjermain Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    It couldn't have been easy to read pages and pages of complaints, even if they were mostly fair. Credit to the devs for stepping up and turning things around. I didn't think Galactus was too hard, per se, but it certainly wasn't fun. That seems to have been corrected.

My other complaint was token odds, which were terrible and a slap in the face during the Anniversary, and I have seen the improvement there as well. I have yet to receive anything I actually NEED, but I have opened multiple golds this go round instead of the parade of 2* that the first Galactus gave out. And I'm probably getting 3 Red Hulk covers, so I'm good with that.

Sure I miss 20 man LRs, but you can't always get what you want. New PvE, good prize support, and 2 new characters have made this a perfectly cromulent Anniversary.