Are there too few Devil Dinosaur covers available?

2»

Comments

• donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Haetron wrote:
    I still maintain Dino should have a rotating fixed cover during the Hunt PVE event for his one time node. It's only been run twice since May, so that'd be 2 covers in 5 months. This would be a way to reward long term players outside the daily resupply, and it's not like we don't already earn hulk green and sentry yellow covers in their events.

... or if more "joke" characters should be made available, it would be nice to have some sort of special vault where they can be won, if one wishes to spend tokens to do so.

The vault could offer other unusual prizes as well. Alternative costumes, for example.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    thanos8587 wrote:
    they just need to put him in the regular token rotation. its stupid to have a chance to add to his covers once a year.

They would need to buff him or give him a ton of weekly boosts. He's great as a PX friend because of his universally low AP costs, but his damage per AP is super low for a 4*.

Hopefully they look at buffing him when they rebalance the 4*s to be closer to the 5*s in about 4 months.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    donietsche wrote:
    ... or if more "joke" characters would be available, it could be nice to have some sort of special vault where they can be won, if one wishes to spend tokens to do so.

The vault could offer other unusual prizes as well. Alternative costumes, for example.

I am a bit disappointed that we didn't get a joke character this season. Like The Collector or Howard the Duck. Yes, Howard is joke to me.
  • Devil Dino should NOT be added to the rotation. He's great right where he is.

If he is added to the rotation, that means it he takes up a space. A space in tokens. A space in the rotation where XFDP and Thing tokens might be.

Thinking about it from a practical standpoint, especially considering he is basically useless, he should be the trophy that he is.

If he were to get added to the regular rotation, he needs a buff to have some purpose at all. Even a damage boost to his basic skills as is would be fine. His current AP/damage ratio is just embarrassing.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    It looks like another Dino PVP is coming after the anniversary, i think this bodes well for Dino being here to stay!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    We really needed more fixed cover rewards for dino. Simulator could have been a chance to get more covers out to people before dino's turn in ddq - why not? Dino deserves his own pve release.

I've picked up all the progression tokens available in pvp/pve except for dino pvp, node drops, sorry for outage, season 10pack, daily deals, additional 10pack for the anniversary, and between them and galactus tokens I have gained a total of 5 4*s - one usable, ZERO dino, not even a purple. It's pretty demoralising.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would suggest that D3 give every player engaged during the anniversary, or on their 365th day, a special free roster slot to hold Dino. It can be used only for him, and if Dino is sold, the slot is deleted.

He's a trophy / joke character, not for serious use. Ergo it's very difficult to justify the 800 HP (for me) to 1000 HP (for larger rosters) cost to unlock a slot for him, or to delete another character. So remove that consideration. Just let all players have Dino without having to stress about the HP cost of the roster slot.
  • I have opened nothing but Dino covers since the 2nd Galactus event started. I had zero covers for him last week, and now he's 3/2/1. I sincerely hope they run him again in DDQ in ~15 weeks, it would be the only 4* DDQ I'd have a shot at.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Marty17 wrote:
    I only received 2 this year, then again that's better than last year where I got one, with 3 others coming from Daily Resupply...

Exactly the same as me. I only got one purpleflag.png cover last year, and that was for t100 in the very first PVP event. He wasn't in any reward tiers after that.
    So far this year I've gotten 2 redflag.png and 1 greenflag.png . The timing was great on the 2nd red cause it allowed me to level mine up enough to beat Squirrel Girl. But got an icon_elektra.pngpurpleflag.png from the token...
    Still too few Dinos given out though honestly.