Are there too few Devil Dinosaur covers available?

meekersX
meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I began playing after last year's anniversary, so this year's anniversary was my first opportunity to acquire Devil Dinosaur. I have not received my Devil Dinosaur covers from S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply yet as I started playing last December.

I reached max progression in the first Galactus event, and have bought a 50 imcoin.png Anniversary token every single day. Of course this means I opened a significant number of tokens before the rate of Devil Dinosaur was increased (certainly more than the two compensatory covers accounted for). The only Anniversary tokens available now that I've yet to obtain are the Women of Marvel and RRRRAAAWWWR! 900 progression rewards. So far, I only have 2 Devil Dinosaur covers: one redflag.png and one purpleflag.png. I received the redflag.png from the season 10-pack, and I received the purpleflag.png from the 300 progression token in RRRRAAAWWWR!. I am aware that I will get more Anniversary tokens from Galactus sub-nodes, and PvP 900 progression, and perhaps 5 more from end of season rewards. I will also get 2 guaranteed redflag.png covers, one from 1k progression in RRRRAAAWWWR! and one from end of season Alliance rewards.

I found yesterday's 4 star.png Deadpool's Daily node very frustrating as it was the first one I was unable to complete. I don't have an issue with making Devil Dinosaur the required character, as I think a great many people enjoyed the fight. However, I would be surprised if many that started playing within the last year successfully completed the node. It has created a bit of a sour feeling in me to do everything I could to get my Devil Dinosaur ready in time, and yet fall so staggeringly short. I am certain that I could have succeeded with just three more covers. Since you obtain three covers from S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply, failure feels like punishment for not having played the game long enough, and not whaling on Devil Dinosaur.

I think the distribution of Devil Dinosaur covers in the Anniversary event is both too rare and too random. To start, I think the 3k progression reward for the season could have been a Devil Dinosaur rather than a 2 star.png no one at that level will need.

Am I alone in my feeling, or do others agree? Are there too few Devil Dinosaur covers available?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• I think you are right about too few Devil Dinos. Because he's only been available for two weeks in the past two years, only the lucky and spenders have acquired sufficient covers for him. I've been playing forabout 715 days and mine is 2/3/3. I've earned the year re-supply and some lucky pulls but shouldn't I have him maxed by now?

Any other 4* that I earned a year ago in first anniversary (4* thor and 4* wolverine, even Fury soon after) is maxed cover from regular play and grind and luck. Devil dino is a RED moon.... (rarer than blue moons icon_e_wink.gif )
  • they just need to put him in the regular token rotation. its stupid to have a chance to add to his covers once a year.
  • I've bought the daily token every day and pulled numerous anniversary tokens and haven't received one. At least 30 tokens and most two stars. It took my 10 pack progression to get ONE cover lol I got useful ISO so I won't complain but I expected more covers. My alliance mates have been pulling them like crazy lol
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said this in the Suggestions forum and I'll add it here. If he's added to tokens, he needs to start showing up as a reward in events. I don't want to open a legendary and get a character I know won't show up as an essential or an award for the next year.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can say that there are definitely too few purpleflag.png covers which I am completely fine about since last year I pulled 0/0/4 lol I also noticed his purple has not appeared as an award, mostly red which is great.

This time I pulled 2 greenflag.png and 1 redflag.png plus my 365 daily reward to make him 3/2/5. Unfortunately even at lvl 130 he's still pretty ****. I am hoping that my 10pk will full cover him.

I do agree he should just be a regular character. It would have been cool if they made him a regular character and started a new novelty character for this year.

In other news, he was able to beat Squirrel Girl, making it my FIRST 4* DDQ completion! I opened my 1st Thing cover.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    He should have been a T100 PvP reward again like he was last year, and before the DDQ fight.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I only received 2 this year, then again that's better than last year where I got one, with 3 others coming from Daily Resupply...
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in the exact same situation as OP, only a bit closer to the daily Dino rewards. In fact I can see them waiting for me in a few days.

They could have at least waited another week so we had the full anniversary for drawing the covers. Not that it would help since I only open 2stars or my only fully covered 4 XFW.

Feels like a big middle finger to everyone playing under a year or not incredibly lucky
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    OP, Devil Dino was released as purely a trophy 4*. He's weaker than all the other 4*'s and as such, is simply for fun. If you want to fully cover him, (her?) then they want you to buy it with HP. I think this is a perfectly viable demand from them, as I view Devil Dino as more of a "skin" in other games, and not really a character you need or want to use.
  • I'm not getting them, so yes, there are far too few...

I'm kidding! I'm kidding! icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

But seriously... how about helping me out over here? icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • It's certainly a weird spot.

I got 2 covers last year, but managed to pull in 4 more this year.

And I'm due 3 more when I get the 365 3-set

But, he's also my best covered 4* by FAR. I got 5 XForce and Ant Man covers, not a single 4or, and so on.

By my standards, I'm getting dinos out the wazoo.

He's available only for one week.. but for that one week his drawing rate's about 52xs that of any other 4star, so it evens out. icon_razz.gif
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Yes: Red and green. Got a 1/1/5 with an extra purple sold...
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The covers should have been more common than even the rate in the updated tokens for this anniversary, but since he is basically a joke or a trophy then it is better for them to not be more common, I doubt many people would be happy to open a legendary token and instead of SS, OML or a good 4* you get a dino dance.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    My Dino was 3-4-2 before the start of the anniversary, and he will be 3-5-2 by the end of it, because I pulled - after an infinite number of 2* covers- a red: The least needed cover, for obvious reasons (that red was coming as an alliance reward from season placement and from the 1k reward in his pvp).

I definitely believe that multiple covers should have been awarded as placement rewards in (at least) one event for the anniversary season. Or as progression rewards in the galactus events.

Bear in mind that only two of his colors have been put into rotation, while purple could be obtained only through tokens.

The fact that he's not included in normal tokens (including legendary ones) also means that folks like me had to level him - for his pvp event - knowing that there will be no way to complete him further down the road: the only option would be to whale him, but considering his specs and the fact that he's a "trophy/joke character", it would be a total waste of hp:all things considered, it would have been reasonable to make him a bit more available for players who engaged in the anniversary events.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should just add DD into the tokens and make a new joke character for the next year, Howard being the most obvious choice.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I've had worse luck than anyone. just got my DD purple today for my MPQ birthday, and with no DD draws so far, he sits at 0/0/1.

yay.

I've bought the daily deal every day and opened god knows how many earned anniversary tokens.
  • Jam_Adams wrote:
    I've had worse luck than anyone. just got my DD purple today for my MPQ birthday, and with no DD draws so far, he sits at 0/0/1.

yay.

I've bought the daily deal every day and opened god knows how many earned anniversary tokens.
    I finally got one red cover on the day he was needed, but a 70 Dino was no match for the woman of squirrels. I did get baglady from one of the tokens (simulator) during anniversary, bringing her to 0/3/2. :-/
    On the plus side, Galactus gave me an Elektra black, which may help in a few days.
    3 4*s in a week (not counting the legendary from sim) isn't bad, but I was hoping to cover Dino better and get a Cyke to do better in Galactus.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had zero covers going in and I have him at 5/2/1 now. I did get lucky and pull one from a taco token, but that's still a buttload.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got my 1/1/1 just before anniversary started and was so excited to get more covers for him. I didn't pull a dino until after they fixed the rates, 1 Purple from my 10 pack... and 1 Green from an Anniversary Token from Galactus event.

I sure hope I get more. Not happy with 2/1/2.
  • I still maintain Dino should have a rotating fixed cover during the Hunt PVE event for his one time node. It's only been run twice since May, so that'd be 2 covers in 5 months. This would be a way to reward long term players outside the daily resupply, and it's not like we don't already earn hulk green and sentry yellow covers in their events.