Would You Spend $$$ if sale was Reran????

2»

Comments

• Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I wondered about buying during the original sales. I stopped paying about a year ago. So I thought, well I've been playing the game for over a year now, maybe it's time to put some money in the meter. Then stuff happened :

- I noticed the anniversary tokens were a awful shade of grey once you scrubbed the golden paint.
    - server crash
    - Galactus happened
    - Black Vortex bug
    Etc...

It reminded me why I stopped paying in the first place. That is until the developpers add to this game actual Puzzle Quest content instead of steadily diluting the character pool, I don't see me giving money in the foreseeable future.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Since you bring it up, the "money" part of money or time has always been, and continues to be, completely insane. I can spend $100 and still not get enough HP to fully cover a Hulkbuster, not even counting leveling.
    To contrast this game with Future Fight, they recently ran a sale where you could purchase a 5* 'mastery' package for 2500 crystals, or roughly $40-$50 (IIRC). That package allowed you to instantly rank a character from 4* to 5* (6* is top of the line) and fully master the character's unique skill at the 5* level. To grind out the same would take .. several weeks, probably.

The tight-fistedness of MPQ is really something when held up next to FF, and is a big reason I answered "No" to this poll.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought from the first sale just to get HP for roster spots cause I had a few characters bench warming and about to expire. So no, I did my one sale and don't trust in 10/40 packs enough to feel like I would get my money's worth out of them. Now if they sold a 3/4 token, then I might consider it.
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    No. I was planning on buying a Stark at the top of the anniversary. Then the anniversary started and practically everything was wrong.

I appreciate that they've started apologizing for mistakes and that it looks like the end of the anniversary might be on par with what the start of it should have been.

Before I consider spending money on this game again I need to see that their overall behavior has changed from massively overpromising then massively underdelivering, which is what I've consistently seen over the last year.

That's going to take a while.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    If I thought more than 3 seconds ahead at any given time, I would've bought last sale, since I'm sitting on 20 Legendaries and have potential to be adding RHulk, SS, and OML. I have the HP now, but should've buffered it.
    I was almost in Grumpy's exact position here: Legendary tokens, future roster slots and all. I stared at the purchase screen for several minutes during the last couple hours of the sale. Ultimately I ended up pulling the trigger. I figured I wanted the buffer enough, the devs deserved a little something for the game I otherwise have been enjoying for free the past year and I thought it more likely that they would get their tinykitty together than not.

no-ragrets-1.jpg
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Hahahahaha absolutely not! With the debacle of Galactus Hungers 1 and now the technical problems with Round 2, Demiurge and D3 are definitely not getting a dime from me. With "that post" from Ice still fresh in my mind, it's obvious they still haven't learned anything from the backlash of the disgruntled players.
  • I hate to be a grammarnazi, but the title should be "Rerun", not "Reran".

Bothers me whenever my eyes make contact with the title.. icon_redface.gif
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Nope, I enjoy playing the game and I spent a little money early on for roster spots but haven't felt the urge to pull the trigger again. Maybe once I hit the one year mark like some of the vets here, I'll consider re-upping a little
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Already bought some Hero Points.
    So, no.
  • I think they should run another sale to compensate for galactus hungers pt.2 like Black Panther.

Or something more creative like slot reduction or cover price reduction??