Would You Spend $$$ if sale was Reran????

TheGamer
TheGamer Posts: 9
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
There we're a lot of players that were so disgusted with the first Galactus run as well as the Anniversary in general. For this reason several members of the MPQ Community held on to their hard earned cash which was already allocated for the events! Would you spend on HP to purchase the revamped package with better odds in Anniversary and Galactus Hungers? Would you spend to level up characters and increase your roster "IF" the SALE on HP and ISO were reran for a day or two?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    This should be a poll. I would buy possibly a Stark.
  • Plain and simple.

Absolutely. I know I'm going to spend it eventually whether it be now or a few weeks from now, so might as well get it when it's on sale.
  • I was planning on buying at least a stark minimum... until galactus turned off to the game. Almost uninstalled, and definitely not having the same fun I did before it. With that said, I would probably reconsider buying something if the sale came back...I ended up only buying a $20 dollar to at least partake of the deal.
  • Heck yes, the odds would be better this time and I didn't have too bad with tokens in the 40 pack.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I think I would, yes....
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Nope, too late. I already spent my $10 on Future Fight.

Plus, I still haven't gotten anything special this Anniversary, even with the improved odds. Buying more tokens is not gonna get me more 4*s.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Yes, absolutely, in a heartbeat. I was very disheartened to see the Anniversary Token odds initially, but I'd love to support the devs now that they've addressed the community's issues with those (and Galactus). Unfortunately, that happened after the weekend sale, but I'd love if they re-ran the sale this weekend.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I thought more than 3 seconds ahead at any given time, I would've bought last sale, since I'm sitting on 20 Legendaries and have potential to be adding RHulk, SS, and OML. I have the HP now, but should've buffered it.
  • Maybe? I actually spent $50 before and probably about 1/4 of that HP (and the HP I pulled from an anni token) went into making sure my alliance was able to beat all 8 rounds of the first run of Galactus since I don't have Prof X well covered to lean on. I have no gripes about the HP sunk into the first run because I was just doing my part to make sure we got all three covers. However, the fact that the developers truly listened to our issues with the first run and also baked in a lot of goodies into the nodes makes me almost want to toss in a bit more money.

Even if they reran the event, I'd probably wait on the next sale but the true rework of Galactus makes me a bit more hopeful about the future and hopefully making transitions more accessible for everyone.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Yes. I would.

But no sale, & my cash will find another place to call home.
  • This should be a poll. I would buy possibly a Stark.

Great idea on the Poll... Thanks!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope. I've put in cash in the past, but an really hesitant to do so now. The 111 alliances passing being "more than expected" was a real wake-up call. That really hit home the idea that gameplay for us middle of the road types isn't a consideration. They need to convince me they're really going to change their stripes to be a lot more player friendly, and will do so of their own volition, not just to quell threads with 40 pages of laser focused rage at them. That can't be done in a week.
  • firethorne wrote:
    Nope. I've put in cash in the past, but an really hesitant to do so now. The 111 alliances passing being "more than expected" was a real wake-up call. That really hit home the idea that gameplay for us middle of the road types isn't a consideration. They need to convince me they're really going to change their stripes to be a lot more player friendly, and will do so of their own volition, not just to quell threads with 40 pages of laser focused rage at them. That can't be done in a week.

I believe it's a work in progress. It's simply a numbers game as to what to provide to the Community and when to provide it... It seems many believe the Devs to be ignoring a certain section of the player base... I don't believe this to be true... The biggest in game aid to date is the DDQ which was specifically designed to aid the mid tier roster... Thanks to it all of my 3* characters are maxed cover wise... They may not be exactly to my desired spec but maxed nonetheless... To progress in this game it takes one of two things... Money/Time or both... It's up to the player to determine the combination that's best for them... They don't give away 4* characters and thus they must be earned through the performance of your roster which is governed by money or time... My alliance did not complete the first run of Galactus though we did make it to RD 8... Nobody in my entire alliance has multiple 270 strength 4* characters but we have all developed decent rosters due to what you may ask... Money or Time... The 1000 point progression and the Legendary Token in PVP... The Progression and Legendary in PVE... They are not for everyone unless your roster is to a point where you can achieve them... There are several ways to improve in MPQ... Every player can get there! It's simply a question of MONEY or TIME!!!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheGamer wrote:
    To progress in this game it takes one of two things... Money/Time or both... It's up to the player to determine the combination that's best for them... They don't give away 4* characters and thus they must be earned through the performance of your roster which is governed by money or time...

Since you bring it up, the "money" part of money or time has always been, and continues to be, completely insane. I can spend $100 and still not get enough HP to fully cover a Hulkbuster, not even counting leveling. Nope. A partially covered, underleveled character, or two full games like Star Wars Battlefront and Metal Gear Solid V. Hmm... Which is the better deal? Yet another reason to say nope. Even at the 30% bonus, it is not cost effective.
  • One major reason why I continue to play this game is the mobility factor. I have seen the comparison made of the in-game cost of MPQ to console gaming multiple times. To me, it's a no-brainer for me personally to put my money into a mobile game instead of console-based platforms. Life is busy and things happen, especially when you have kids. With MPQ, I can play on my lunch hour, on the toilet, in the passenger seat of the car, while watching TV, or lounging outside in a hammock. You can't do that with typical console setups. With that, I did purchase a Stark Salary even with all of the negativity from last week based on the hope of everything getting worked out and being able to enjoy another year of gaming experience. As a 730ish daily player, it has been a good investment for me.
  • HustyReaps wrote:
    ...With MPQ, I can play on my lunch hour, on the toilet, in the passenger seat of the car, while watching TV, or lounging outside in a hammock. You can't do that with typical console setups...
    I'm really glad you came to this realization. Playing Wii or XBox1 in those other settings, particularly "on the toilet", seems...unwise at best. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • What do you mean? Everybody can Wii while on the toilet! (or maybe it's "wee"...

Slidecage, can you help us? Is it wii or wee? Your or you're? Lurnin' stuff iz fun!
  • Yes, I definitely would.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol good one.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I planned on it at the start of the anniversary, I waited. The servers crashed, I waited. GH1 was an epic failure, I decided not to purchase. Pulled 250 hp x2 from Deadpool vault this morning and 2900 hp from an anniversary token this afternoon, now I don't need to