Red Hulk design

2»

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I had no trouble with that node at all ha ha.

All the earlier ones threatened to derail my legendary efforts in this event. Red hulk was simple, use Ares keep collecting green until you have enough to wipe him in one, I did it to him every time.
    I just took a look and saw that I would need 69 green to pull that off.

Can someone in red explain why some people get to play events with training wheels on?

I needed 40 odd to down him in one if he had taken no damage but by the time you have collected enough to down him you should've given him reasonable match Damage to reduce that deficit .

Depends on your playing style, I'm very patient and have match damaged lol 186 juggernaut to death so waiting to collect green while denying was fairl easy for me. I never said my method was quick, just easy.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

All the earlier ones threatened to derail my legendary efforts in this event. Red hulk was simple, use Ares keep collecting green until you have enough to wipe him in one, I did it to him every time.
    Guess he never used his purple to drain your green?

Nope because I was too busy matching it to use steal.
    Ares and OBW... I take it you are still in two-star land? Enjoy it while it lasts. My Red Hulk was level 350-something and had something like 25000 hit points.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:

I just took a look and saw that I would need 69 green to pull that off.

Can someone in red explain why some people get to play events with training wheels on?
    I'm guessing it's because they haven't been mean on the Internet.
  • OneLastGambit
    Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Guess he never used his purple to drain your green?

Nope because I was too busy matching it to use steal.
    Ares and OBW... I take it you are still in two-star land? Enjoy it while it lasts. My Red Hulk was level 350-something and had something like 25000 hit points.

Yep, making the transition to 3* but my strategy would be sound still, except to add in using OBW heal when red hulk match Damage gets you low. It's still doable even with a 350 hulk, just takes a lot longer
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:

Yep, making the transition to 3* but my strategy would be sound still, except to add in using OBW heal when red hulk match Damage gets you low. It's still doable even with a 350 hulk, just takes a lot longer
    I love playing healers and self healers (I used Kamala Khan a lot during the Simulator), but they just can't keep up with the damage output of level 350 characters.
    Keep in mind that if you saved up 30 green AP with Ares (the most you can have), that would still only be... about 10,000 damage I think? That's not even half of Red Hulk's health, and now you have to deal with Red Hulk's red countdown and X-force Deadpool's X-enforcer. If you survive that... well, you just fed Red Hulk 15 green AP, so it's very likely he'll use Hammer and Anvil for something like 10,000 team damage. Can Ares and OBW survive that?
    (No, no they can't.)
  • OneLastGambit
    Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I love playing healers and self healers (I used Kamala Khan a lot during the Simulator), but they just can't keep up with the damage output of level 350 characters.
    Keep in mind that if you saved up 30 green AP with Ares (the most you can have), that would still only be... about 10,000 damage I think? That's not even half of Red Hulk's health, and now you have to deal with Red Hulk's red countdown and X-force Deadpool's X-enforcer. If you survive that... well, you just fed Red Hulk 15 green AP, so it's very likely he'll use Hammer and Anvil for something like 10,000 team damage. Can Ares and OBW survive that?
    (No, no they can't.)

Fair point.

My red hulk team was on only level 200 so perhaps that's why my tactics worked (still 110 levels above my characters)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

(No, no they can't.)

Fair point.

My red hulk team was on only level 200 so perhaps that's why my tactics worked (still 110 levels above my characters)
    Those extra levels add a lot of pain. Also, at level 200 a PvE Red Hulk may not be fully covered yet, I am not sure.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oooh yeah, I'm such a baaad man because I want the devs to explain why if two players go into a battle with the EXACT SAME FORMATION, player A has a opponents that have almost twice as much health as player B's.
  • Lemminkäinen
    simonsez wrote:
    Oooh yeah, I'm such a baaad man because I want the devs to explain why if two players go into a battle with the EXACT SAME FORMATION, player A has a opponents that have almost twice as much health as player B's.
    I wasn't being serious.

But the real reason naturally is that if both had the same opponent, either your game would be trivial or his nearly impossible. Hardly optimal for either of you.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    But the real reason naturally is that if both had the same opponent, either your game would be trivial or his nearly impossible. Hardly optimal for either of you.
    You're not understanding what I said. If we're using the EXACT SAME CHARACTERS, facing the same opponents would give us the SAME experience, instead of the situation we have now, where player A says "This node is stupid hard", and player B says "I breezed through this node with no problem"
  • OneLastGambit
    simonsez wrote:
    You're not understanding what I said. If we're using the EXACT SAME CHARACTERS, facing the same opponents would give us the SAME experience, instead of the situation we have now, where player A says "This node is stupid hard", and player B says "I breezed through this node with no problem"

What's your overall roster like (characters and level wise) and how is your performance in previous pve too. Surely this is a scaling issue (not a fan of the system of roster averages they currently use and suggested a new and much better system in suggestions if you wanna upvote me)
  • What is with his impeccable dental work?
  • Lemminkäinen
    simonsez wrote:
    Why do you use those characters as opposed to your higher level, more powerful characters?
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    So are we talking about the art, or are we talking about the gameplay?

Anyway, I completely agree with OP. Fantastic art, although I have yet to see any of his animations...I didn't want to receive any beatings, so I prioritized his scary ****. icon_cool.gif
  • El Satanno wrote:
    So are we talking about the art, or are we talking about the gameplay?

Anyway, I completely agree with OP. Fantastic art, although I have yet to see any of his animations...I didn't want to receive any beatings, so I prioritized his scary ****. icon_cool.gif

If I'm not wrong when I let him fire off his abilities there wasn't any animation with red hulk action.. icon_cry.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pleas use the character thread to discuss his powers etc.. this thread is just a fun one for his artwork etc..
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Splarne wrote:
    What is with his impeccable dental work?

Impeccable!?

images/wallpapers/Red_Hulk_Poster_02.png

Are you SEEING those cavities!?
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Splarne wrote:
    What is with his impeccable dental work?

Impeccable!?

images/wallpapers/Red_Hulk_Poster_02.png

Are you SEEING those cavities!?

No wonder he's screaming.

• He looks like he's taking a volcanic dump after eating 10 McSpicys (which is probably why his skin is red)

Developers interpreted player composite from the 35+ page whinefest after galactus 1