What would it take to make you happy?

udonomefoo
udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The increased anniversary token odds and "apology" tokens have been mostly met with derision and the "apology" 5k iso for LRs is faring a little better, but not exactly generating an "all is forgiven" kind of feeling around here.

So, realistically, what would it take to get you all back from

9908603ebe6b37f2ecef7d482c7ea63ddbc99647c99347e4f4a0dd4d877520c3.jpg

to

956_large.jpg

*Please don't let this thread get your hopes up. Most likely none of these things will happen. I'm just curious what it would take at this point to make you feel good about supporting this developer again.

Comments

• Just a bunch of reds saying they genuinely screwed up and are sorry about it. Not a bunch of **** excuses that largely pin the blame on our expectations from the previous year.

Just a statement saying "We failed to deliver on what we promised and we are sorry."

Seriously. If they had the chutzpah to own up to it, I'd be happy.
  • There are two things people really like.

Free stuff.

And seeing other people suffer.

So they want to see Reds apologize and/or get fired for the event, and they want to get many more tokens and covers and HP and Iso.

Shame + Stuff = Happy People
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    More actual apologies, and less "players didn't properly understand what we meant."
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Owning the problems would be the first thing, but I think that's against company policy.

For me, if I logged in and there was a pop up that said "Best Anniversary Present Ever?" and it gave out either a Legendary token or a 4* Cyc cover, I'd say "ok, I'll think about it".

It's the highest reward in the game, but from a business perspective, would probably make them money by giving one away to the entire player base from all the roster slot purchases.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    A permanent change is design strategy. The statement that under 1% of alliances succeeding was "more than expected" shows unless you're on the very top, they aren't developing with you having fun as a remote consideration. It has truly alienated me, and made me realize how little they care about mid-level players.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    A post saying they've realized their team is too small to handle the growth of the game, and that they'll be expanding soon. Seriously guys, your Head Producer/Sole Communicator has to go out to cons to be a salesman? That leaves like 4 or 5 others we know of. One is making new character art 24/7, another is handling CS tickets I imagine. Let the mods do Hi-Fi's job, go hire an extra set of hands to help with all the "Switches that keep forgetting to be flipped." I can think of two rosters specifically that have paid for someone's salary already this past month.

Another thing, they're aren't going to apologize for everything. I'm sure the Dev's view of things is the total opposite of the Forum's. I'm sure engagement for this week was up despite all the nonsense. I know money was still spent despite all the hate being spewed. They know we're just an small bubble of the playerbase that needs to be handled with gloves on, and that's apparent in the communication we do get.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    I would be very happy with everyone getting the next Galactus reward up from what they got. Between the outages and just the shear unfun instakill of round 6, I don't really feel like it's our fault that we missed out on a Cyclops cover. (My alliance wasn't expecting to get all of them, but we really thought we'd be able to hit the first one.) Or even re-running the event with the improved mechanics and another chance to win Cyclops before doing the Red Hulk one.

What will make me really mad is if they don't do that, but then have 4* Cyclops be an essential node, making it even harder for me to make progression than last time.

On the other hand, I've really enjoyed the Class of 2015 pvp. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Blade, all boosted to 240! Mwua-hahaha!
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    I'd have been happy if they just removed 2 stars from anniversary tokens...
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    colwag wrote:
    There are two things people really like.

Free stuff.

And seeing other people suffer.

So they want to see Reds apologize and/or get fired for the event, and they want to get many more tokens and covers and HP and Iso.

Shame + Stuff = Happy People

I would legitimately like to believe that no one wants anyone to get fired. I think all of the "I want an apology" is less of an apology and more of a "I want them to take ownership for this" and a lot of the communication -- whether intentional or unintentionally -- doesn't feel like it and people are naturally negative towards a company that isn't owning the faults of a product/experience.

I feel like there's a real disconnect at the design level, which I recognize that design can be hard. But the game is consistently at opposition with itself (events with heavy promotion also really require being at the peak of the game to be successful). For a lot of people, I don't think its really the tangible of tokens or whatever (which I'm sure no one would turn down), but of rethinking the design goals and creating an experience that is more consistent.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    A winning lottery ticket. A pretty lady who likes the same weird nerdy stuff I do. A job I actually enjoyed that didn't deal with the general publ- *reads main post*

Oh.
    Ahem.

Well at this point it would be nice enough if they just focussed on making the game fun. At no point have I, personally, wanted compensation. They can keep any ISO or HP or whatever compensation they want to give me if it means the next run of Galactus is actually fun and that the rest of this anniversary is enjoyable.
    I normally enjoy PvP more these days and the anniversary PvP has felt very rewarding so far. I've had fun in that when my alliance and I all but gave up on Galactus.

Just...please, D3...remember we're here to have fun. We're not here to be wrung out of every penny we have before we get bored and leave =/
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    To be honest, I would not need too much to be happy. More than one thing went wrong & was frustrating but not all is lost on this Anniversary event & there is still time for redemption, towards which a few good steps were taken in the last day or so.

Now that the odds for icon_devildino.png covers got changed in the Anniversary tokens, I am simply hoping to get a few of those over the next week & I would be satisfied with getting the character bulked up a bit on my roster.

I am racking up a lot of iso8.png both in PvP & PvE (the 4k node & top rewards for other nodes at 1k is so cool!) even without the Lightning Rounds (would've been cool to get too though) so that is good for my progression which gets accelerated for a little while.

The cherry on top will be linked to the adjustments made to the second run of Galactus. It is a very good concept that got out of hand in the later rounds but up until that point it was actually fun to play so if that becomes true all the way to the end for the next one (with a decent level of challenge in the later rounds without getting into an instant blood bath no matter what you do or almost) then I will be happy with that as well.

Let's see how I feel about all of those in a week or so but I think that this Anniversary can still be salvaged.
  • I told myself if I managed to get 2 4*s out of the anniversary I'd keep playing the game (I've been getting frustrated at my inability to transition to 4*s). I'm 0/2 and the Anniversary token rate looks like I will stay that way. On the plus side I will have 10+ hours a week of free time soon.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure why it needs to be equal or better to last time...

097d5e52eb71ba3f65df2a98409d879749a6269e54be532ee489ebd7dd6e4473.jpg
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Well, I purchased an Asgard Treasure during Anniversary week so that I would be able to purchase roster slots for the hoped for increase of 4* drops. My alliance managed to get through round 6 and we all got the first Cyclops cover. Happy about that! The overall game play was not to most people's liking as evidenced by the multitude of complaints in the forums. What would it take to me me happy? Either the remaining two Cyclops covers or a couple of Legendary tokens. I will keep playing the game as I have this digital addiction to gold (and gold flashing) covers but as for putting any more money into it? It may be a while.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kelly Brook and Holly Willoughby in a paddling pool of jelly.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Kelly Brook and Holly Willoughby in a paddling pool of jelly.

Sup Keith
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    So here's the thing. I've said this before and every day on here I'm proven right. It doesn't matter what they do or what they give you. There will always be people that are not happy. Be happy for what you have and what you get. There are a lot of other popular and successful games out there that do little to nothing in the way of compensation for things like outages and bugs. We have it pretty good for the most part.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    JamesV wrote:
    I would legitimately like to believe that no one wants anyone to get fired. I think all of the "I want an apology" is less of an apology and more of a "I want them to take ownership for this" and a lot of the communication -- whether intentional or unintentionally -- doesn't feel like it and people are naturally negative towards a company that isn't owning the faults of a product/experience.

I feel like there's a real disconnect at the design level, which I recognize that design can be hard. But the game is consistently at opposition with itself (events with heavy promotion also really require being at the peak of the game to be successful). For a lot of people, I don't think its really the tangible of tokens or whatever (which I'm sure no one would turn down), but of rethinking the design goals and creating an experience that is more consistent.

You give people too much credit. I legitimately believe that there are people that want people fired, and I completely disagree with them. Identifying a problem is one of the first steps to solving it and not repeating it, but owning up to it, is another thing, that sadly, is something I don't think they'll publicly do.

The design level was made harder by taking the strategies we had on the forums adding counters to them before the event launched, meaning it removed possible winning strategies, or at least, strategies that would've prolonged matches and allowed for more damage to be dealt to Galactus.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    Not sure why it needs to be equal or better to last time...

097d5e52eb71ba3f65df2a98409d879749a6269e54be532ee489ebd7dd6e4473.jpg

Because that's what they said they want to do. Sorry that you don't want to set your expectations based off what they say, but some of us do, and we'd like to hold them accountable for that. If you want our expectations to be low, don't set them up to be high.
    IceIX wrote:
    We're committed to making this the best Anniversary yet. Thanks for sticking with us and offering extremely valuable feedback along the way.

When I was more of a shill, I did a better job of picking which posts to pick apart.