That's more like it!

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just got rewarded with 2 anniversary tokens (was not entirely thrilled about it) and one of those was a 3* (Colossus - don't need him but I'm glad it was 3*) and the second token was 2*. Out of curiosity - wanting to test these better odds - I bought the daily deal as well and grabbed another token and got Kingpin yellowflag.png . So yes I would say the new anniversary tokens are definitely an improvement.

Before the change: 20 Tokens all 2* - 0% above 2*
After change : 3 tokens - 3* Colossus, 4* Kingpin, 2* OBW. - 66% above 2*

Much better! I'm even happy that I got OBW (I have her optimally covered) because at least it's not my 11th MHawkeye of the anniversary!

Thanks Devs.

Comments

• 6 tokens = 6 2*'s for me, so.

I wouldn't say everyone's benefited thus far. But, such is life.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moonstone/2* Daken! Thanks devs! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 anniversary tokens and used the daily deal.

all 2 star and 50 hero points wasted yay....
  • Just got rewarded with 2 anniversary tokens (was not entirely thrilled about it) and one of those was a 3* (Colossus - don't need him but I'm glad it was 3*) and the second token was 2*. Out of curiosity - wanting to test these better odds - I bought the daily deal as well and grabbed another token and got Kingpin yellowflag.png . So yes I would say the new anniversary tokens are definitely an improvement.

Much better! I'm even happy that I got OBW (I have her optimally covered) because at least it's not my 11th MHawkeye of the anniversary!

Thanks Devs.

Just got my "sorry" tokens, and I'm fairly certain I know where your 11th MHawkeye ended up... icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ares! And also a Jean icon_e_surprised.gif . It's not a Dino, but still awesome. icon_e_smile.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got rewarded with 2 anniversary tokens (was not entirely thrilled about it) and one of those was a 3* (Colossus - don't need him but I'm glad it was 3*) and the second token was 2*. Out of curiosity - wanting to test these better odds - I bought the daily deal as well and grabbed another token and got Kingpin yellowflag.png . So yes I would say the new anniversary tokens are definitely an improvement.

Thanks Devs.

Just got my "sorry" tokens, and I'm fairly certain I know where your 11th MHawkeye ended up... icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC

This made me laugh!

I guess maybe I spoke too soon. I'll review this thread again once I've opened 20 Anniversary tokens since the change.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Got my "we're sorry" 2 moonstone covers. Completely changed the way I feel about this whole anniversary debacle icon_rolleyes.gif
    I believe I'm 1 3* and 17 2*'s on anniversary tokens so far
  • Before the token changes, I got a icon_squirrelgirl.pngyellowflag.png

After, I got a icon_squirrelgirl.pngpurpleflag.png

I think they're trying to tell me something.

(That something is I'm nuts.)
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay, 500 more iso from those 2 tokens. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The missed the opportunity to make Anniversary tokens 3* with higher 4* pulls. Not only would this feel like an annual celebration but it would make the vets happy and the new players a better opportunity to transition to 3*. I believe quality is always better than quantity.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    Before the token changes, I got a icon_squirrelgirl.pngyellowflag.png

After, I got a icon_squirrelgirl.pngpurpleflag.png

I think they're trying to tell me something.

(That something is I'm nuts.)
    That's acorny joke.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    I've done well with the anniversary even before the change. I've mostly 2* but on my two accounts got some good stuff too.

Android before the change: Vision, Mistique, X-Force Wolverine & 600 hp

After: only opened two and not the gift ones yet and got 2* BW andNOPE thor.

On PC before: Star lord, 3* Cap * 3* Thor

With the two gifts I got 2* storm (already maxed out) and Antman

It's a shame though that I really need 3*'s not 4's

Moderator edit: removed offensive/defamatory term. -DayvBang
  • I'm still drawing 2*s out the wazoo, but I did some math to make me feel better about buying the anniversary special tokens:

According to purchase prices, 20,000 HP == 78,000 Iso, so just about 1:4 HP:ISO in value. When I buy the 2* anniversary token and sell it, I get 250 ISO for 50 HP, or 1:5, so I'm ahead anyway! icon_e_confused.gif
  • I opened most of my tokens before the change and got useless 2 stars that i sold for 250 ISO each
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a purple dino, not sure if I want to keep him. I'm on day 354 so I'll get 3 more in a week and a half. :shrug:
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a dino today, but it still doesn't do anything to restore my faith. The idea that they thought 111 alliances winning was more than expected didn't sit well with me. So their correction? Tokens where the majority will still be disappointed?
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I got a Bullseye and.... wait for it .... wait for it..... a Moonstone.

Huzzah.

So out of at least 12 anniversary tokens I've opened so far, I've gotten a Devil cover and a Doc Ock I didn't need.

Except... wait! Was that the special gold! YES IT WAS! OMG I got..... a green XFW. a.k.a. the ONE (1, uno, solo) 4* cover I actually have maxed. (Which was nerfed a month after I maxed it.)

Sigh.

Meanwhile, I pulled a Hulk cover from a normal token. Oh sure, it was also one I didn't need.... but the odds, man! The odds!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mobile got a pair of 2* woo

Will see about Steam when I get home
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    After getting 2 more two stars, I guess I'm over anniversary tokens. I wisht hey weren't sim progression rewards. they suck.

i'm in need of any 3 stars.
    These aren't cutting it.
    And I don't have time to be bothered with having a dino with 1 cover on my roster for a year so keep it. ( if I could even draw one)
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    0 for 6 with the new odds. Bring back the old odds!