It's Time For A New Token.

2»

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    If all you're basing that on is a small sample of token draws, then yeah, that's unrealistic. If you compare the number of guaranteed 3* covers available over the course of a season to the number of guaranteed 4*, along with the odds of drawing 3* and 4* covers for non-legendary tokens, you'll see that 3*s are vastly easier to acquire.

But for those with transitioning 2 to 3 characters just getting to 900 points is nearly impossible especially when you have your scaling is destroyed by them throwing the occasional 4 and 5 star prizes at you as miracle draws.

They just need to build another small prologue that guides transitioning people to build a set amount of 3 stars. Choose five or six of them and craft some levels that throw covers for those characters at them. Just like the prologue started transitioning 1 stars to 2 stars. As it 8s now, building three stars is a minefield where you're extremely lucky to hit one you may want, and DDQ pretty much forces you to enlist the entire 40 3 star character group to compete on a daily basis (just need Gamora and The Hood).
  • : in mpq token
    common/gray: 1s and above
    uncommon/green: 2s and above
    rare/blue: 3s and above (not yet added, lol)
    legendary/purple: 4s and above
    epic/gold: ?

1000 pts per event net me nowhere(next 4 years? maybe), not big fans of leg token farming, didn't want spend 2500 anymore, im start thinking that most 3star are total **** after all.

said a guy with 166-ish roster
  • smkspy
    Perhaps they should make heroic tokens cost a 1000 or 1500 iso instead of 100 hero points. Remove 4 and 5 from the equation and keep the odds the same. You're spending iso, bud still getting the same lousy chances of both a 2 or 3 star. Losing iso means that if you need iso to level up you might buy more or buy HP to slot in one of the those forty characters into your roster. Which is another ridiculous point that roster slots eventually cost 1000 HP, and the covers are time sensitive.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:
    Personally don't see the need - 3* covers are about the easiest to get hold off with any sort of semi decent play.

Looking just at tokens in isolation risks losing sight of the overall impact economically for devs - may not sound like something we should care about but if they give to much with on hand they'll have to take back somewhere else that might hurt more.

Ice has been open that $$$ is affecting possible roster slot solutions which is honest of them.

Constantly pulling 1* and 2* covers from tokens is undoubtably a pain - an option to replace them with the equivalent ISO from sale automatically would be enough for me - though maybe with ISO shortage a slight increase in value when sold would help out a bit as well.

The people who'd benefit the most from a 3* or better token are, IMO, the people starting the transition...and the people ending it.

I've got all but one 3* fully covers. I need two for Iron Fist and I need a scattered number of covers to finish off some characters, like a black for Luke Cage or a black for Bullseye. My chances of pulling a 3* are incredibly low as it is, but my chances of pulling one of the few covers I still need are even lower than that. Having a token that guarantees a 3* at least takes some of the pain away from getting those last few I need.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Perhaps they should make heroic tokens cost a 1000 or 1500 iso instead of 100 hero points. Remove 4 and 5 from the equation and keep the odds the same. You're spending iso, bud still getting the same lousy chances of both a 2 or 3 star. Losing iso means that if you need iso to level up you might buy more or buy HP to slot in one of the those forty characters into your roster. Which is another ridiculous point that roster slots eventually cost 1000 HP, and the covers are time sensitive.

but D3 loves your hero points more than iso. can earn 20 iso from doing low level node a thousand times; that can be easier than earning 100 hero points.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:

While we don't like it, they do need to make their money from this game and HP for roster slots is obviously a major part of that and as such, some time limits on covers is reasonable.

However, the value of covers when you are forced to sell them should be much higher and the expiry date should increase as you move up the rarity too and there should be no expiry on any 5* cover as it is ridiculous that people should be forced to give up one of those covers for only 1000 iso or trash their pve experience.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    If all you're basing that on is a small sample of token draws, then yeah, that's unrealistic. If you compare the number of guaranteed 3* covers available over the course of a season to the number of guaranteed 4*, along with the odds of drawing 3* and 4* covers for non-legendary tokens, you'll see that 3*s are vastly easier to acquire.
    Since people seem to be misunderstanding, let me clarify that I meant there are tons of guaranteed 3* covers available each season in PVE events alone. There are more available at 800 points in PVP, but lately I sometimes have trouble getting there in a really active bracket if I don't have 3 boosted characters, so I don't see this as achievable for someone just starting to build a 3* roster.

Additionally, there's a PVP season progression award of a 3* for modest performance in each event, and as you ramp up you'll start earning heroic 10-packs and shield simulator covers each season.

Those of you who claim to never ever get 3* covers from heroic or event tokens are unconvincing. A heroic token gives you a 4.8% chance of getting a 4* and a 24% for a 3*. That makes 3* covers 5 times more common than 4*. Open a few hundred and get back to me.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Since people seem to be misunderstanding, let me clarify that I meant there are tons of guaranteed 3* covers available each season in PVE events alone. There are more available at 800 points in PVP, but lately I sometimes have trouble getting there in a really active bracket if I don't have 3 boosted characters, so I don't see this as achievable for someone just starting to build a 3* roster.

Additionally, there's a PVP season progression award of a 3* for modest performance in each event, and as you ramp up you'll start earning heroic 10-packs and shield simulator covers each season.

Those of you who claim to never ever get 3* covers from heroic or event tokens are unconvincing. A heroic token gives you a 4.8% chance of getting a 4* and a 24% for a 3*. That makes 3* covers 5 times more common than 4*. Open a few hundred and get back to me.

I have two accounts that I play daily. I get at least one token from each PVE event and play most PVP until I get the first recruit token. (It's a joke to try and place with my roster so that's about all I do) I typically get at least a heroic from doing the daily PVE but sometimes come short. In the three months before the anniversary I got a whopping 2 covers that were over 2* between the two accounts and one of them was a 4* that will just waste a roster spot because I don't want to sell it. The one 3* I got was of course a character I didn't have. I get more 3*'s from standards. (right before the anniversary started I managed to pull two squirrel girl covers from the standard out of 5 draws) On my android account I have one 3* leveled past my 2*'s, Dr. Doom and other than the 1 daily reward cover I got they all came from standards.

Almost all the 4*'s I've gotten have come from heroic and almost all 3*'s from standards. Maybe I just have weird luck. Either way I am just not progressing. Playing the same content over and over and over again starts to get old when there is no progression.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    n25philly wrote:

Are we playing the same game? I'm trying to transition to 3* and it's a ****. I play with two accounts (1 mobile and 1 pc since we can't sync the platforms) and between the two over the three months (before the anniversary) I got a whopping two covers that were above 2* one of which was the thing which is useless right now as on each account I only have one 3* that is a higher lever then the 2* so 4* characters are just going to make a mess of things.

Not everyone has the time to play all day so progress can be slow especially when we get stuck with 2* after 2*. Something like this would be really helpful. It makes no sense that transitioning to 4* should be easier that 3*. Hell, lately I've been getting more 4* covers that I get 3*. Even if it's not a guaranteed 3* even a reward token that is say maybe a 50% shot at one would be a huge improvement. It would be good for the devs as there are enough 3* that odds are these tokens would push people to buy hp to keep up with the roster slots for what they get.

I've got a full time job - I don't play all day - a bit on my commute in in the morning and a bit on the way home and depending on whether I'm in or out maybe a bit in front of TV at high.

3* cover are in progression rewards for PVE, PVP, Placement rewards for PVE and PVP and DDQ - I've 'only' been playing just under 250 days and I have every 3* with lowest cover number around 8 or 9 (I don't track squirrel girl covers that closely)

You are looking solely at token pulls - yes with Legendary token you can get 1 4* or above per event - but in the same event you should be getting a couple of 3* from progression and placement maybe more if you have a decent alliance - if you make the 3* progression even quicker you'll just have more **** about the ISO shortfall - that's the really issue to make quick progression not cover availability.
  • n25philly
    alphabeta wrote:
    n25philly wrote:

Are we playing the same game? I'm trying to transition to 3* and it's a ****. I play with two accounts (1 mobile and 1 pc since we can't sync the platforms) and between the two over the three months (before the anniversary) I got a whopping two covers that were above 2* one of which was the thing which is useless right now as on each account I only have one 3* that is a higher lever then the 2* so 4* characters are just going to make a mess of things.

Not everyone has the time to play all day so progress can be slow especially when we get stuck with 2* after 2*. Something like this would be really helpful. It makes no sense that transitioning to 4* should be easier that 3*. Hell, lately I've been getting more 4* covers that I get 3*. Even if it's not a guaranteed 3* even a reward token that is say maybe a 50% shot at one would be a huge improvement. It would be good for the devs as there are enough 3* that odds are these tokens would push people to buy hp to keep up with the roster slots for what they get.

I've got a full time job - I don't play all day - a bit on my commute in in the morning and a bit on the way home and depending on whether I'm in or out maybe a bit in front of TV at high.

3* cover are in progression rewards for PVE, PVP, Placement rewards for PVE and PVP and DDQ - I've 'only' been playing just under 250 days and I have every 3* with lowest cover number around 8 or 9 (I don't track squirrel girl covers that closely)

You are looking solely at token pulls - yes with Legendary token you can get 1 4* or above per event - but in the same event you should be getting a couple of 3* from progression and placement maybe more if you have a decent alliance - if you make the 3* progression even quicker you'll just have more **** about the ISO shortfall - that's the really issue to make quick progression not cover availability.

The play all day statement was meant as a general statement, not aimed at you specifically. With the time I have to play and the roster I have I can't get the progression rewards in PVP, it's at 800 points and typically as soon as I get past 600 points it gets pounded. It's extremely rare I can manage a top 100 finish to get one of those covers. When I look at the top people on the list and I see people that are shielded and already have pretty much everything (It's hard to get motivated to try for a top position when you see someone at the top that has a fully leveled iceman the day after the character is released. I'm sorry but PVP is a waste.

I'll do the daily PVE and usually do each battle once, but maybe fall short on some of the tougher ones. I don't think simulator is an example of what is normal progression wise, but I've never managed to get enough to get a cover during or finish high enough to get one when it finishes. I'm sorry, but tokens are pretty much all I've got to go with. I've occasionally gotten a cover from the season progression, but that would be one cover a season. Maybe is a cover that I could actually use, maybe and it's just one.

I recently started trying the Deadpool daily. I can consistently get the 1-2 tokens depending on if I've got the essential. If I get lucky I can get past the three star, but my rosters are weak, so if I don't get a good board or pretty much make any mistake or just get unlucky (like yesterday I was so close to a win at the end when invisible women used her invisibility power and the tile of course went into a spot I couldn't match it and spent at least five minutes punching air until finally losing and giving up) it's not going to happen. Again, it's one cover occasionally.

Again I'm not saying that I need to max out every 3* super fast. Occasionally actually getting something in nice though and keeps up the motivation to play. I was pretty close to quitting right before the anniversary because it was getting really frustrating to play the same content over and over and over again to get absolutely no progress. I just think there needs to be a little boost. I don't get why it's ok to have a token that gives a guaranteed 4*+ once an event is a good thing, but having one that is a 3+ would be bad. There are enough 3* characters that it will still take a long time to max out anything and would help when the 2-3 transitioners are going to just keep getting pushed down in finishes by the people that are already through it.
  • n25philly
    Ok, I think I'm going to take back what I just wrote and ask for an option to trade higher end tokens for standards and I just pulled a 3* cap from a standard after getting a 2* wolverine from an anniversary token.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards

Err yes but you are forgetting that still means that you have a 76% chance of NOT getting a 3* character, so even if we do open a hundred (and keep in mind odds are per draw so they never get better) there is still a much larger chance that you will not get a 3*.

Also there are 13 covers per character, so even after opening 100 tokens (if you got the odds perfect 100) you will still only have 24 covers that are 3* and THEN you are very likely to get duplicates in amongst that. So when you account for all this you can see there is a gap there for a 3* token. Nobody is saying you have to buy or earn it if you don't need it and hey for vets who don't need it isn't it better to get the extra iso? I'm an early transitioner so the early stages I feel is the toughest as its the time when 3* covers are fewest, my mostly 2* (or undercovered 3*) roster is not good enough to earn most of the covers you get from placements in PVP ( I can make the 800 point mark but quickly get hammered back down faster than I can climb) and unless you already own the featured cover in DDQ then you can't earn the featured cover for DDQ. Once you start getting a couple of optimally covered 3* characters I bet it's easy to place well in PVP but right now it's just not possible for an F2P guy like me and many others.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'm not reaching the same conclusions you are, apparently. If you're truly transitioning, you're highly unlikely to wind up with covers you don't need. You can pull down tokens from all sorts of places that will, in aggregate, build up your roster relatively quickly. I know that reaching 800 in PVP events is not the ideal source of 3* covers for someone with a 2* roster, and that's why I pointed out the pvp season progression awards, which require much more modest scoring.

Telling me that you have a 76% chance of not getting a 3* is still unconvincing. Between the heroic/event/ddq tokens that are easily earned and the dozens of standard tokens you get showered with, you will get 3* covers from tokens.
  • Well I agree, totally
  • Seriously I made this exact suggestion a week ago: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33419

Not claiming to be first, it's even mentioned in that thread that it was suggested before, but I am kinda hurt I only got 3 replies. What's up with that?
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Wow, you totally did, even with the same general layout of how to distribute them, and I don't think I ever saw it...did you put it in General Discussion or Suggestions and Feedback? Because, sadly, no one really reads the Feedback page...mine's getting moved there tomorrow, but I always start in General, just to get some traction icon_e_wink.gif
  • smkspy
    Crowl wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

While we don't like it, they do need to make their money from this game and HP for roster slots is obviously a major part of that and as such, some time limits on covers is reasonable.

However, the value of covers when you are forced to sell them should be much higher and the expiry date should increase as you move up the rarity too and there should be no expiry on any 5* cover as it is ridiculous that people should be forced to give up one of those covers for only 1000 iso or trash their pve experience.

I like these suggestions and they're a fair moderation btw D3 getting our money and us needing more wiggle room when it comes to 5 star characters. Let them be the one type of cover that doesn't expire because they are so rare, yet they severely penalize transitioning players. There has to be some midground between all of us.
  • Started my thread in feedback and suggestions because it's a suggestion.

I really don't want to come across badly with a "I did it first" attitude, especially as it was suggested before I did anyway, but I am puzzled why players don't read feedback and suggestions ever.

In a way, this is proof that you can't get traction on suggestions and feedback. Or as close to proof as you're likely to get.

The next question this raises, mods: Do you realise that having established this pattern of moving topics to feedback and suggestions, where the devs claim to read threads, you are enabling people who start threads in general discussions to have the best of both worlds, therefore encouraging people to post in general discussions, therefore creating a self perpetuating cycle of work for yourselves? We value the work you are doing, we really do.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    heh my post about getting free levels when u buy a cover got knocked in feedback and suggestion page (dead zone).