The anniversary that should have been

2»

Comments

• GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    The best answer to heralds was MVC3 answer.

Choose the villains and other characters and change their palette to silver or to save time, make the color saturation 0, so they are black and white.

Hood, Loki, Doom, Doc Oc, Carnage, antman, prof X, 3 star iron man (just to have a feeder that isn't a goon).
    If you introduce anyone should have been 5* phoenix to help fight galactus.
    but old man logan couldn't wait. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    While the idea of adding all those heralds sounds like a good idea in theory, it would be just too much to expect them to balance all their new powers, so it would probably be better if they came up with some justification for using existing baddies (cosmic power-infused clones for example) or stuck with more generic robotic drones or kept the other heralds as NPCs for now.

Beyond the minor above criticism, that event sounds very good indeed and roughly speaking it is another gauntlet so it is not like they would have had to reinvent the wheel to put something like this out either.

Balance is a big problem for sure.

Shoot - if the anniversary didn't add any characters and instead -only balanced several- (specifically buffing more than nerfing), it would have been a much bigger success.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also balance is still out the window.

There are still 3 stars that freeze themselves/ damage their team/ give enemies AP, while later ones just wreck house without negatives.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Well. They've got a year to sort this out, no? icon_e_biggrin.gif

(With a few minor adjustments, I'm sure.)
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 85 Match Maker
    can i throw my money at you right now?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Balance is a big problem for sure.

Shoot - if the anniversary didn't add any characters and instead -only balanced several- (specifically buffing more than nerfing), it would have been a much bigger success.

While they obviously make most money by cranking out new characters, it would be nice if every patch we could also get a few older characters buffed at the same time, not major redesigns or anything like that but simply fixing the stuff that was most obviously outdated compared to newer characters e.g. IM40's ap costs or damage.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    DON'T FORGET TO UPVOTE THE ORIGINAL POST, so that the Devs will actually see this!!!

:+D
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ctenko wrote:
    4* Devil Dinosaur 10%
    4* Howard the Duck 10%
    5* Old Man Logan 0.5%
    5* Silver Surfer 0.5%
    20k ISO 0.2
    2900 HP 0.2
    7k ISO 0.5
    600 HP 0.5
    All 2015 released 4* 1.98% (not including Howard and Devil Dino but including new Heralds) 29.7%
    All 2015 released 3* 2.22% (including new Heralds) 26.26362738
    2* Captain Marvel 1%
    1* Spider-Man 1%

So... Not working well BUT.

4* Devil Dinosaur 8%
    4* Howard the Duck 8%
    5* Old Man Logan 0.4%
    5* Silver Surfer 0.4%
    New 4* Herald 2.0%
    New 3* Herald 2.5%
    20k ISO 0.2
    2900 HP 0.2
    7k ISO 0.6
    600 HP 0.6
    All released 4* 0.6% (not including Howard and Devil Dino or new Heralds) 13.2%
    All released 3* 1.2% (Not including new Heralds) 48%
    2* Captain Marvel 1.2%
    1* Spider-Man 1.2% (Same odds as the three stars, let's be mostly fair, this is a business.)

There we go. I'd like to offer higher chances for the New class too, but this probably works.

Also best idea. I'd have loved this. SO much work though.

Just 2015 pulls. I won't apologise, I really like Math.

4* Devil Dinosaur 8%
    4* Howard the Duck 8%
    5* Old Man Logan 0.4%
    5* Silver Surfer 0.4%
    New 4* Herald 2.0%
    New 3* Herald 2.5%
    20k ISO 0.2
    2900 HP 0.2
    7k ISO 0.6
    600 HP 0.6
    2015 4* 1.45% (not including Howard and Devil Dino or new Heralds) 21.7%
    2015 3* 3.1% (Not including new Heralds) 39.3%
    2* Captain Marvel 1.2%
    1* Spider-Man 1.2%

Thanks a lot! I updated the OP with Class of 2015 Token Percentages.

Also, for those concerned about the sudden flood of characters, I feel I should clarify a few things:
    1. You are only able to acquire Herald characters from tokens. They will not be featured prizes in events. So the likelihood of you getting all Heralds covers quickly is rather low.
    2. Similar to the Dark Avengers, they will not be required as essential characters for PvE events for the foreseeable future. Any plans to do so would involve communicating well ahead of time such a shift in policy and may open up other avenues to acquire such characters.
    3. Only 2 or 3 of the Heralds would be PvP viable, of which one bordering meta-game changing. So really if you are just looking to stay competitive in PvP you would only have to concern yourself with one, maybe two characters. Obviously if you are a collector type player, you are gonna need more roster slots.
    4. Long story short, the Heralds are meant to be sort of upgrade of the Dark Avengers, so no you will not need to have them but just consider them a little extra icing on the proverbial cake.
    5. And yes, I realize this is all a dream but i had a lot of fun designing it icon_e_smile.gif
  • I didn't even read the OP and I already know its better icon_lol.gif
  • Viking Tacos
    Viking Tacos Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    I have never seen a more appropriate forum name.

(for those slow on the uptake fight4thedream is fighting for the dream)

And on a separate note, can we please turn this guy from green to red?