What will the Reds say today?

2»

Comments

• mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    thanos8587 wrote:
    im more curious to see if they say that in the next run any retreat from galactus at any point will result in a complete squad wipe and closure of the node.

that should shake things up icon_e_biggrin.gif

Don't forget they'll probably reduce the damage Galactus does to percentage based rather than pure damage. Whatever it takes to trigger Hulk? .00001% below that. ENJOY!
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    It's Columbus Day. They're off. They won't say anything.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:

Yep, that was going to be my guess.

Because almost everyone still takes Columbus day off, right? icon_e_wink.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:
    I'm "working"... curse those government employees that get every possible holiday off... and banks.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    My non-sarcastic answer is that I wouldn't hope to hear anything before 4 or 5:00 pm EST. Having either been at NYCC, traveling, or fixing servers, they have A LOT of reading to do. Then they will have a meeting. Probably a long one where there are uncomfortable silences. Then they will craft a release statement that has the best intentions at heart, but will probably ending up infuriating the community.

I feel bad for them a little... But then again... They have it coming.
  • Wording won't be exact, but I'm guessing the structure will be like this:

"We thank the community for their feelings and recommendations about the recent Galactus event. We will take everything under advisement and alter future events accordingly. We have some great things happening around the corner, including some fantastic new characters and our Holiday Extravaganza! Also, check out this article about NYCC, where we discussed some interesting new possibilities for the MPQ universe! More details will be forthcoming soon, game on!"

It's pretty much the only way to handle a PR problem on the internet. Acknowledge, promise you've listened, divert, wait for Millennials' 2-day attention span to kick in.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could see them saying something and posting, right as they're on the way out the door for the day. No communication might be better than bad communication.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Funny how close to the truth some of these were

My worry now is coming out of these celebrations without any Dino covers - I have him at 4/3/5 and so a red or green would be fine but I can't see it happening from a token drop
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    IlDuderino wrote:
    Funny how close to the truth some of these were

Patterns emerge if you've been around long enough. Plenty of rollouts of events on weekends filled with problems, compounded b/c we got no info ahead of time, or the info we got led us to believe the wrong stuff. Then they show up at the end of the day, blaming us, or trying to spin it without being held accountable. It's happened plenty in the past, and will happen plenty in the future.