What will the Reds say today?

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So its 10am central time and in another hour the Reds should be in to work. What do you think they will say? Apologize for saying they were going to have a full compliment of people to work out the kinks if anything goes wrong (reality is that they went to a convention instead and no one was fixing anything). Double down on the "its the player bases fault for having wrong expectations." The we are looking at the numbers and will change things accordingly (meaning too many teams finished Galactus so let's make it harder but not tell anyone...if you can't beat Galactus on 1st turn, you are dead. We play tested this and it was so much fun. We were hooping and hollaring with laughter.) Or something else as my brain is still resetting from this debacle.

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    That the event ran as expected, and shame on us for not loving it. The "numbers" will show it was a success. They will have more trampoline parties and cake.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Monday Afternoon Announcement

IceIX: We looked over the numbers and all of you did much better than we expected! So we decided for Round 2 we would make it more interesting, we are going to release Heroics: Galactus! You can only use members of Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer. Each will have an essential node as well. We will also have more Crit boosts as rewards to help you defeat him!

This will start later today so if you are running out of healthpacks, don't worry there will still be the Simulator PVE and the NEW Class of 2015 PVP to play while your characters are healing!! Enjoy everyone, it's time to celebrate! Don't forget the cake icon_e_smile.gif
  • I really hope the next typed words by the Reds will be worth the wait!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    That it worked as expected. They'll be perfectly happy holding up the small minority that got through and saying, "see, look at them." They'll maintain complete radio silence on the fact that the forums have been on fire and filled with rage at them for the weekend, and that people are tired of game content directed at the top 1%.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Nothing. They will say nothing. And this too shall pass.
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    With today being Columbus Day are they even working? Or is everyone off getting day drunk?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that we should give them an opportunity to respond before we give anymore criticism. Should they not respond it would only be fair then, but we have not yet given them chance to rectify anything yet. In my opinion.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    my guess is not alot. probably a half hearted apology and the blame will still lay with us for not understanding completely.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    What Red says

Red before the Anniversary:

200_s.gif

shawshank-redemption-quotes.jpg

Actually Andy, this Anniversary you'll just get busy dyin', there's been a disconnect, you're supposed to lose

On Galactus Hungers:

b01a2251efed53a9e320746fff5988bc.jpg

On suggestions the second Galactus Hungers run will be better:

200_s.gif

On MPQ post anniversary:

200_s.gif
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Quoting myself from the "On Galactus" thread...
    Hey gals and guys! Thunderbolt Ross is coming to Marvel Puzzle Quest, and you can head over to Marvel.com right now where our producer is interviewed about our newest four-star character, Red Hulk!
  • I don't anticipate anything from them until tomorrow, with today being a holiday that many employees don't work (no child care today, 1/4 of my staff is out). When they do come back to the forum, I have a feeling it will be with reservation, only targeting specific complaints and not others. Or who knows, maybe this will be the end of personalized community involvement after the weekend of pitchforks and rants they'll come back to. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Capture_1.jpg
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    tumblr_mgy3e8m4Bo1rq5drao1_1280.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Capture_1.jpg

Everything was all a plot from Luthor so we all hate Marvel and we move to DC Comics!!! It all makes sense now!

Well, I hope they say something. They should have said something by now. I hope that the delay it is just because they are preparing a plan of action "to cancel the apocalypse"!!!

970f824e83579cf99fc602936d3fd0da.gif

Sorry I got carried away.

I meant a plan of action to save the anniversary.
  • I hope it is that they are trying to figure out the best all round fix to this situation, and not an avoidance tactic.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Announcement of X23.
    Silence on other fronts.
  • im more curious to see if they say that in the next run any retreat from galactus at any point will result in a complete squad wipe and closure of the node.

that should shake things up icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    thanos8587 wrote:
    im more curious to see if they say that in the next run any retreat from galactus at any point will result in a complete squad wipe and closure of the node.

that should shake things up icon_e_biggrin.gif

sssssshhhhhhhhh dude
  • wpid-wp-1444667715807.jpg?w=660

They will say nothing to us.