Thank God for simulator

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I know some people hate the simulator but I actually don't mind it. I've done my first clear already (except the Cyclops node - damn you Galactus!) and now I can relax and wait for my refresh. took me 10 mins so people who say they spend an hour clearing each refresh I'd like to know what you spend an hour doing?

Something to do that I can actually accomplish yay! icon_e_biggrin.gif

and I got a standard token from a node reward and it turned into a shiny gold Steve Rodgers (my pulls from anniversary/galactus tokens had yielded 20 2* characters)

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Double iso? Since it rewards anniv tokens.. just hoping.. hasn't started for me yet... anyone know?
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    I love any PvE event that doesn't have us facing off against the dark reign villains again and again.

Can't argue with that 4000 iso8.png node either.
    Malcrof wrote:
    Double iso? Since it rewards anniv tokens.. just hoping.. hasn't started for me yet... anyone know?

Yep, doubled icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    Hmm I didn't pay attention to my Iso awards unfortunately but given that I've had double Iso for everything so far I'm gonna gamble and say I am getting it. I was just so happy to play something that didn't give me a dead roster after 8 mins that I didn't check ha ha.

Side Note: Anniverary token just gave me 800 HP, the first useful thing I've got. Hopefully there will be more of that.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    brisashi wrote:
    I love any PvE event that doesn't have us facing off against the dark reign villains again and again.

Malcrof wrote:

You mean you didn't like that Galactus survival node with all of the DAs? icon_lol.gif
  • shusheshe
    shusheshe Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    If you have a diverse and well-covered cast of characters the simulator is both fun and easy, especially if it takes you 10 minutes to clear the all nodes.

For us 2-3* transitioners and below, still working on getting covers and relying on what few we have,well, it's going to take us a just a bit longer even relying on health packs.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Double ISO from this event, means grinding it will be very lucrative.. AND we finally get to use our weekly boosted as well.. Lthor, KK, BP, and Rags are going to get a workout!
  • OneLastGambit
    woopie wrote:
    brisashi wrote:

Malcrof wrote:

You mean you didn't like that Galactus survival node with all of the DAs? icon_lol.gif

It was quite thrilling destroying my entire roster to get 40 iso8.png seems like a suitable reward for downing the most powerful character in the MPQ universe...right?

I am a 2-3* transitioner myself and rely heavily on my 2* A Team as I don't really have a properly usable 3* apart from good ol' steve Rodgers. I just use my undercovered characters for the easier nodes and use my A team on the harder ones.

Simulator is only a breeze for me in the first round, in the last round my roster gets annihilated
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    took me 10 mins so people who say they spend an hour clearing each refresh I'd like to know what you spend an hour doing?
    Usually it's spent whittling down the health of 25k Juggs and Ares.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    (except the Cyclops node - damn you Galactus!)
    Are you serious? The impossible character from the latest horrible event is now required for this upcoming event? Ugh.

I wish this wasn't so typical.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Double ISO from this event, means grinding it will be very lucrative.. AND we finally get to use our weekly boosted as well.. Lthor, KK, BP, and Rags are going to get a workout!
    I'd enjoy it more if it wasn't the only event they were boosted in...
  • OneLastGambit
    simonsez wrote:
    took me 10 mins so people who say they spend an hour clearing each refresh I'd like to know what you spend an hour doing?

Juggs is my specialty, I take pleasure in humiliating him by beating him with match damage only. I dunno why I like it but I do, my record for beating an overpowered Juggs with match damage is 187 with a team of 83 level CStorm, MNMags, and Wolverine. It was a sweet moment. Says a lot about the galactus event that I enjoy such punishing things as match damage killing Juggs but hated Galactus ha ha.

Ares can kiss my tinykitty though, he's the first thing I skip in PVP.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    who said the 2nd running starts today. the ann runs till next monday would not be shocked if they pushed off the 2nd run till thurday
  • OneLastGambit
    Good. I hope Galactus never comes back, lord knows I really love decimating my roster to get a couple of **** tokens with worse pull odds than a standard token and a few critical boosts.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    who said the 2nd running starts today. the ann runs till next monday would not be shocked if they pushed off the 2nd run till thurday

Makes sense to me. That lets them get out of the office before the complaints come rolling in
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    I know some people hate the simulator but I actually don't mind it. I've done my first clear already (except the Cyclops node - damn you Galactus!) and now I can relax and wait for my refresh. took me 10 mins so people who say they spend an hour clearing each refresh I'd like to know what you spend an hour doing?

What level are the hard nodes scaled for you? To be honest, both 10 minutes and 1 hour sound like exaggerations here. lol
  • OneLastGambit
    cyineedsn wrote:

What level are the hard nodes scaled for you? To be honest, both 10 minutes and 1 hour sound like exaggerations here. lol

Round 1 - Sim 7 which is classed as normal is with Iceman (lvl109) Thing (109) Switch (109)
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    Yeah, That was a real treat. Try and smack my way through all 8 of the Dark avengers at level 299 Just so I can shake The BigG's, Slot machine hand. Good times.

*Wretching noises*
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Round 1 - Sim 7 which is classed as normal is with Iceman (lvl109) Thing (109) Switch (109)

Ahhh okay cool. Yeah, that's why others say it takes them much longer periods of time, once they scale up doing a clear takes considerably longer, due to both slogging through their health, or in bad cases, getting into a loop of wiping, cursing, wiping, cursing, wiping, cursing, crying, and repeat for an hour. Will give an update in 30 min when my slice begins.
  • cyineedsn wrote:

109…

God, I miss those days. Thanks again, Silver Surfer. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Only **** thing is that of course the required 4 star is the new Cyclops, which many didn't get.
    Sure, some did, but I don't think it was the same % as normal releases because it's so alliance heavy.
    For normal 4 star release events I always manage to get at least 1 4 star cover. These alliance-centric ones kill me.

I pulled down almost 700K for my event, but stopped pushing when the supposedly "annoyance only" fights hit Ludicrous Speed on their scaling. Our Alliance stalled out in Round 5, so looks like I'm potentially screwed out of the Legendary for this Sim PVE cause there might not be enough points for me cause I can't play the 4clops nodes.

Those fights were harder that Galactus was! At least with Galactus you knew it was pretty much rigged to kill you in 3/4 turns. But to make the play-in fights that hard too? Just another example of how much of a design mess this event was.
    In no one's definition is Lv 298 Magneto, Lv 298 Doom, and Lv 298 Ragnarok "just a minor annoyance". Or a Survival battle that pops a Lv 395 Gorgon at the very end of the last wave when his team has 20+ Red and Black because of all the Ninjas.

They should just give everyone that participated in Galactus Hungers a Yellow 4Clyps as compensation for the train wreck this event was, but we all know that won't happen. We'll get a token that gives us a 2 star character.