Good news during bad times: New character revealed!

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pay another 1000 HP, or drop another 1*/2* if you still have been able to keep them somehow!

Oh, and kind of as a secret - it's not a new character every two weeks: it's 1.5 with additions of the 5*'s. You make 2500 HP for roster slots every single season, right? You didn't plan on spending that HP on anything else, ever, did you? You didn't want new game play or content (re-skinned Ultron as Galactus is enough for you!), did you?

What "Good News"!!!
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    X-23! She's the character I've wanted in the game since I started playing about a year ago.
    Hope they make her work well with X-Force Wolverine!
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    I guess all is forgiven when your favorite character gets announced...
  • colwag wrote:
    And, since this Wolverine is actually a different chracter, we can finally have two Wolverines on a team at the same time!

It's the Wolv-erine connection, baybee.

Are you sure? I can not play with the Tora and Thor on the same team.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grantosium wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    It was a VERY short-lived phase. He's not going to appear on many covers dressed as Patch.

Actually the fact they went for the Patch costume for 3* Wolverine is completely mind boggling. There's scarcely a more obscure Wolverine costume they could have gone for.

If I remember correctly it wasn't much longer than a summer when the X-Men were supposedly dead and he was in that Patch guise.

It is odd that with the number of costumes/variations he has had over the years that they have gone with the ones they have done, even with 2* Daken using the standard suit they could have still gone with a version that used it as there were a number of iconic covers with him in that suit with the hood down e.g. the cover of his initial limited series or a more dynamic version from the mid 90's done by Jim Lee or one of those other big name guys from that time.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Soooo when can we expect 1* Wolverine (Weapon X)?
  • Rumbles
    Rumbles Posts: 28
    Wolverine is one of my favorite characters, like many comic fans. However, I fail to see yet another new character as a good thing. We are still in the grips of this wonderful anniversary event. Any announcement that isn't an apology with compensation is just another kick in the teeth.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Eh, I told you guys about X-23 four days ago, I figured the "Another Wolverine" thread was more appropriate icon_e_biggrin.gif

viewtopic.php?p=423342#p423342
  • vinicius18 wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    And, since this Wolverine is actually a different chracter, we can finally have two Wolverines on a team at the same time!

The reason you can't play Thor and Boythor is cause there's only one Mlojnir, that Thor is tied moreso to the hammer then the girl, I guess.

Unless they add in a 1* Odinson or something to confuse everybody. That'd be a mess.

I'm guessing X-23 will be given a new emblem or whatnot for her.
  • colwag wrote:
    vinicius18 wrote:
    colwag wrote:

The reason you can't play Thor and Boythor is cause there's only one Mlojnir, that Thor is tied moreso to the hammer then the girl, I guess.

Unless they add in a 1* Odinson or something to confuse everybody. That'd be a mess.

I'm guessing X-23 will be given a new emblem or whatnot for her.

Got it. I thought that Odin had another Mjolnir for Thora as did Stormbreaker for Bill Ray Beta.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    AdamMagus wrote:
    Eh, I told you guys about X-23 four days ago, I figured the "Another Wolverine" thread was more appropriate icon_e_biggrin.gif

viewtopic.php?p=423342#p423342
    Thanks for spotting this few days back. I was kinda surprised that no one else read the online news about the reveals at NYCC.
  • Yawn. First old man worthless and now teenage girl wolverine. Double yawn. All the great characters in the Marvel U and they give us ****. How about ditching this stupid Dark reign **** and the evil Thunderbolts and bring some real villains into the game?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,323 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't understand the griping. X-23 is NOT Wolverine (except in title in her newest comic form.) Is like complaining against Falcon America or Kamala because too many Cap Americas or Ms. Marvels. Same with Cho's Awesome Hulk.
    Yawn. First old man worthless and now teenage girl wolverine. Double yawn. All the great characters in the Marvel U and they give us ****. How about ditching this stupid Dark reign **** and the evil Thunderbolts and bring some real villains into the game?

How many "real villains" are not in the game? I'd say we have a good percentage of the most iconic ones and most of the ones we're missing (like Thanos, the Dark Phoenix, and Apocalypse) are clearly being saved for "boss battles" like Ultron and Galactus.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The liveblog archive is pretty unfriendly, so here's the relevant news:

"Old Man Logan and X-23 as All-New Wolverine will be coming to Marvel Puzzle Quest."

No other details.

Well damn, going by that link I was hoping it was the galaxy girl from A-Force =/ I'd have totally agreed with TC in that case.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Pylgrim wrote:
    How many "real villains" are not in the game? I'd say we have a good percentage of the most iconic ones and most of the ones we're missing (like Thanos, the Dark Phoenix, and Apocalypse) are clearly being saved for "boss battles" like Ultron and Galactus.
    Off the top of my head, we're missing the nemesises of some of the most iconic heroes: Red Skull, Mandarin, Sabretooth, Green Goblin. Heck, Spider-man's rogue's gallery alone has a dozen really iconic ones that are missing from the game. And the X-men have even more (though since many are team-based, there are quite a few less iconic ones).
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    Don't understand the griping. X-23 is NOT Wolverine (except in title in her newest comic form.) Is like complaining against Falcon America or Kamala because too many Cap Americas or Ms. Marvels. Same with Cho's Awesome Hulk.
    Yawn. First old man worthless and now teenage girl wolverine. Double yawn. All the great characters in the Marvel U and they give us ****. How about ditching this stupid Dark reign **** and the evil Thunderbolts and bring some real villains into the game?

It is kinda hard to think of some, but eh whynottry.

Red Skull? Obviously Iron Patriot. Even Green Goblin himself although I'd understand keeping him out.

What if they went with someone like the Hobgoblin instead?

Also Sandman, Sabertooth, and Black Cat would be pretty cool.
  • kensterr
    I think a lot of these new characters are released as cross-promo for the new titles that Marvel is launching.

It's not really done for long time fans of the comics but rather new comic readers or comic readers who are just getting into gaming.
  • kensterr wrote:
    I think a lot of these new characters are released as cross-promo for the new titles that Marvel is launching.

It's not really done for long time fans of the comics but rather new comic readers or comic readers who are just getting into gaming.

Yeah, cross promote for the new stuff, and also hype for the old stuff that people are fans of.

There's a reason we got Cyclops (Classic) and all.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I've actually asked for X-23 back when they did the character poll thing, and was hoping she would be added with her classic costume. When she was revealed as the new Wolverine with the yellow-blue costume, I was like "please don't add her with the Wolverine costume, please don't". So of course they are going to add her with the Wolverine costume.
  • kensterr
    I've actually asked for X-23 back when they did the character poll thing, and was hoping she would be added with her classic costume. When she was revealed as the new Wolverine with the yellow-blue costume, I was like "please don't add her with the Wolverine costume, please don't". So of course they are going to add her with the Wolverine costume.
    I was hoping for her old costume as well... but I guess they had to do cross promo with the All New All Different Wolverine comic icon_e_sad.gif