Good news during bad times: New character revealed!

kensterr
kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Can't contain my happiness after watching the House of Ideas Panel video on YouTube and also reading it again here at: http://www.newsarama.com/26226-nycc-201 ... panel.html

Just scroll to 03:02 to see who the other new character is. I just splashed my cash on a Stark to max her when she comes out. Also all is forgiven for the downtime and badly designed PVE because Marvel saw fit to draw another cover for my alliance.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The liveblog archive is pretty unfriendly, so here's the relevant news:

"Old Man Logan and X-23 as All-New Wolverine will be coming to Marvel Puzzle Quest."

No other details.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Just what we needed, another Wolverine
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I wonder if they would pull a Spider-man with X-23 and make her a 1* to add a wolverine to the starter set.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    IlDuderino wrote:
    Just what we needed, another Wolverine

Especially in the last few weeks I've been thinking there aren't enough of them in MPQ.
  • Totally underrepresented in this game : Wolverine.

icon_lol.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least there are no more wolverines left to make...maybe they will do cigar smoking wolverine, feral wolverine, bone claw wolverine, military wolverine, chilled out wolverine, battle damaged wolverine, samurai wolverine, breakfast wolverine, wolverine super special edition, Limited edition smiling wolverine, Marvel Universe Wolverine, Disney Wolverine. Hey there are so many unique opportunities I think they should just get rid of all characters and change the game name to Wolverine Puzzle Quest.

This is the future!
  • Wow, another new character…

Hold me back. icon_rolleyes.gif

DBC
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least there are no more wolverines left to make...maybe they will do cigar smoking wolverine, feral wolverine, bone claw wolverine, military wolverine, chilled out wolverine, battle damaged wolverine, samurai wolverine, breakfast wolverine, wolverine super special edition, Limited edition smiling wolverine, Marvel Universe Wolverine, Disney Wolverine. Hey there are so many unique opportunities I think they should just get rid of all characters and change the game name to Wolverine Puzzle Quest.

This is the future!

Look at the 3*. His tag is Patch, because he's wearing an Eye Patch. I could be wrong, not too familiar with Patch's backstory.

EDIT: I was wrong. There is a history of a Patch persona. Found it by googling.

link

Funny the article has the same Patch cover, unless it's a prevalent cover associated with Patch. Link also has 10 other Wolverines that they could use.
  • guib
    guib Posts: 83 Match Maker
    the thread should be renamed : "even more bad and disappointing news during bad and disappointing times" icon_e_wink.gif
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget, each new character actually makes this game harder: fewer chances to get specific characters, fewer times each character can be a reward for events, etc. New characters make the game worse, not better, thanks to the way it's set up. So really it's bad news.
  • OneLastGambit
    lukewin wrote:

This is the future!

Look at the 3*. His tag is Patch, because he's wearing an Eye Patch. I could be wrong, not too familiar with Patch's backstory.

link

Funny the article has the same Patch cover, unless it's a prevalent cover associated with Patch. Link also has 10 other Wolverines that they could use.

Score! Wolverine puzzle quest coming up!

He's not a particularly interesting character so I've no idea why there is such fascination with him.

Yellowjacket/Sentry are far more interesting characters.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Speaking of cigar smoking and an eye patch, how about Baywatch Nick Fury? Could be a new 1*

nick-fury-hasselhoff.jpg
  • lukewin wrote:

link

It was a VERY short-lived phase. He's not going to appear on many covers dressed as Patch.

Actually the fact they went for the Patch costume for 3* Wolverine is completely mind boggling. There's scarcely a more obscure Wolverine costume they could have gone for.
  • OneLastGambit
    Don't forget Wolverine (Hugh Jackman). He will be the essential for every node in every PvE and PvP forever when he comes out

Forgot about him. Hopefully Hugh will be a **** and not lend his image rights then we can have one less wolverine to add to the army of wolverines already in the game.
  • And, since this Wolverine is actually a different chracter, we can finally have two Wolverines on a team at the same time!

It's the Wolv-erine connection, baybee.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Oh no. I'm almost regretting not buying a stark salary now. She's one of my most wanted. Surfer in game now. Just need mantis, adam warlock and nightcrawler to show up and my top 5 is done.

I'd prefer her to be branded xforce x23 or new xmen x23 but meh.
  • thisone wrote:
    Oh no. I'm almost regretting not buying a stark salary now. She's one of my most wanted. Surfer in game now. Just need mantis, adam warlock and nightcrawler to show up and my top 5 is done.

I'd prefer her to be branded xforce x23 or new xmen x23 but meh.

Watch every Wolverine in the game be renamed to Logan (Wolverine), Logan (Patch), Logan (X-Force), and Logan (Old Man Logan) like they did with Steve Rodgers.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not too crazy about Wolverine in general but X-23? Yes! A thousand yes!
  • OneLastGambit
    kensterr wrote:
    I'm not too crazy about Wolverine in general but X-23? Yes! A thousand yes!

Maybe what they could do is simply start replacing any existing wolverines with new ones then we aren't awash with them. Same goes for widow too.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Pity they don't tell us on the forums. I would have bought a stark to cover her when she comes out! Sale is over now tho