Teams that beat the BigG (Please read the OP.)

2»

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like I others I ran PX-GSBW-Hulk. First like 6-7 tries I kept force quitting, just the work luck humanly possible. I rage maxed Hulk as a result (he was ~120 before that).

After that it was good ~90-95% of the time.
  • I was locked out when the event started during my lunchtime, so my team was in round four when I started, giving me a slight point bump on the rest of my team. I automatically started using GSBW/PX/SW with no trouble and no wipes. Round six was the turning point of effectiveness. I started force quitting based on alliance Line collaboration tips, but my success was still limited, and my health packs depleted after my first refresh. When the second started my team was taking a beating, so I looked at the abilities of my healthy roster to see what might help. I fought with Hulk/Mostorm/OBW and lasted 18 rounds before defeating him. Upon further collaboration, my alliance test drove the well used Hulk/PX/GSBW combo and I finished the rest of the event with that combo. For those in my alliances without a PX, many found success with the more available Hulk/(Mo/c)Storm combo. Others went the route of Capt Marvel with some version of HB/HT. I found that I needed to force quit only 2-3 times with my final team, mainly due to tile placement or excess tu tiles flooding the board. I was able to land the killing blow and hit my 1.25 on the same match with 17 hours remaining in the event. 10 members of my alliance finished with the progression reward.

Just because I finished, I don't want D3 to get the impression I had fun playing. The only puzzle was figuring out what toons to exploit. Hulk and Capt Marvel could have been listed as essentials, as they were certainly the MVPs. My efforts yielded me 4 Cyclops, 1 Carnage, 2 HT, a pile of 2*, and way too many 40 ISO rewards (much of which was spent on ISO boosts). I firmly believe that rewards should be earned by putting in the effort, but I think everyone got screwed on this "celebratory" event. Too often would I have 4/8 rewards available at the end of the round, after 18 victories, and was left deflated after the accomplishment of defeating Galactus. Galactus's greatest victory was in devouring morale.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I have a maxed-out Captain Marvel. It turns out that after level 150-166ish pre-buff she doesn't trigger in Round 7 because Galactus's CDs are below the yellowflag.png threshold (987 needed, he deals 885 in R7).

People with her leveled around 120-125 could use her AP feed starting in R6, but that wasn't an option for me, and we didn't close out R7.

The key to rounds 6 and 7 was ONE particular 4-star with 5 covers of one color, and nothing else was anywhere near reliable enough to win more than 50% on turn 3. Only 5 of 40 people across our 2 alliances (one top-100 and one top-250 PVP) had that setup.