Congrats to Dark Matter

2»

Comments

• Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    I dunno how you guys plodded through round 8, but hats off. It's really impressive.
    Round 8 has been easier than 7 using Hulk. Galactus sets off four anger tiles, and you're 90% to win from there. I died much more in 6 and 7.

Just 600,000 left to complete Galactus for my alliance. Congrats to Dark Matter for getting there first!
  • Sherlock1
    Sherlock1 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Congrats, MPQ fellows!
    One question, though: did any of those who cleared round 8 get the Cyclops 3rd cover?
  • No 3rd cover....like 8hrs waiting so far
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm curious, how did you people manage to kill Galactus by turn 3? That's not even enough for the first CD from Scarlet Witch to go off. (Other than the Hulk tactic described above, that's pretty clever.)
  • Best way is hulk gsbw px for rd 8

Make sure u match a hulk for that 1st explosion. ..4 anger gets a **** load of green...if ur lucky some match 5

.then gsbw green or purple to green...if ur luck is horrible. .maybe u have enough for hulk green...and pray for a favorable cascade...if all that fails...hopefully u brought a board shakeup team up that u can try and use (juggs green)...if not....eyes of doom on 3rd turn

Nvr quoted myself....lol...but posted this in a diff thread....but this is very helpful in rd8...easier to do this in 8 cause galactus does more damge for hulk anger. ..had some guys did it with 3 or 4 blue px covers too
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a strong feeling Hulk will be buffed next rerun..........
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congratulations to those of you who did it.

The sad thing is D3 will see that 20 people of the user base beat it with 24 hours to go so will now class this as an unbridled success and will double the difficulty for the next run. If you think I am joking I am not.
  • hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Yep no red Cyclops and we've finished Rd 8 too. I guess they didn't fathom that the whole event should be beatable so didn't bother coding in the final reward :d

And yes, next vent either a level 240 Hulk (will that even be enough though?) Or Galactus changed so that CD tiles no longer too damage...the stealth buff!
  • No red cover for Tacos yet either. Finished up 12h or so ago and no one has received the red 4* cyc yet. I teied submitting a ticket but that isn't working either.

Yay Anniversary!

marc
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Awesome guys! I'm sure there will be very few alliances that complete Round 8. Under 20 would be my guess.
    Our alliance will finish Round 7. Legendary personal progression is cutting close. With the added difficulty of Round 8, its a risk item.
    I did clear 5/6 tries on my last Round 7 time window. The one I lost might have been won if I made a different move.

I think one of the fallacies of the event was playing the first essential before Galactus unlocked by himself. So several clear attempts were 5 attempts instead of 6.
    Also we probably figured out the best tricks just today. Sadly, a good number of people don't have the right roster to handle the job. They normally do well in PvE, but "strategy" for Galactus is limited. Which makes sense that Round 8 is out of our reach. And D3 wanted few to make it. But they better not make Red Hulk any harder just because one alliance finished a day early.

My old alliances were not good and I never saw the end of Round 6 for Ultron. So to have made it through Round 6 and soon Round 7, I am more thrilled with this game than most right now. I wish Simulation was open because I am currently playing less than normal -- during Anniversary? Lightning Rounds would solve this!

Update: I misread OP. I thought this was an announcement that you finished Round 8. But then I saw your roster and it didn't have red Cyk, so I re-read your post. It's still a feat to have beaten Round 7. Maybe there will be less alliances finishing Round 8 than I thought.

Dude we finished it, I'm not joking. No one who has finished has received the red cyclops...
  • Realizing the word might seem hyperbolic used in the context of a mobile video game, I think it appropriate here…

Congrats to DM and every alliance managing to clear Stage 8, and enjoy your "Legendary" status. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Some of us play the game, some well, some on a higher level, and then there are those of us who could even contemplate Stage 8, let alone finish it.

I call those in that last group…

Legendary.

Now get some rest, and maybe even enjoy a little sunshine! icon_lol.gif

DBC

• Now get some rest, and maybe even enjoy a little sunshine! icon_lol.gif

DBC

What is this rest you speak of?

We are busy gearing up for Run 2.

marc
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    And D3 wanted few to make it. But they better not make Red Hulk any harder just because one alliance finished a day early.
    This is the thing that's really killing me right now. They upped the difficulty of Ultron because some people actually made it - then they made it so hard only 2 alliances could win.

Everyone has been screaming that this event is too hard, but it's probably exactly the level of reward distribution they were going for. So it'll be interesting to see if they change anything, and if so, if they make it harder or easier. I could easily see them making it harder, regardless of the thousands of words spilled on this forum.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Congratulations to those of you who did it.

The sad thing is D3 will see that 20 people of the user base beat it with 24 hours to go so will now class this as an unbridled success and will double the difficulty for the next run. If you think I am joking I am not.
    I absolutely know you are not. Now that more are posting that they won, I can seriously see them upping the difficulty for the next round. Regardless of what everyone else thinks.
  • denouement wrote:
    AOJgMGp.jpg
    I wish i got a cookie for this
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    loroku wrote:
    This is the thing that's really killing me right now. They upped the difficulty of Ultron because some people actually made it - then they made it so hard only 2 alliances could win.

Everyone has been screaming that this event is too hard, but it's probably exactly the level of reward distribution they were going for. So it'll be interesting to see if they change anything, and if so, if they make it harder or easier. I could easily see them making it harder, regardless of the thousands of words spilled on this forum.

You're forgetting the 2nd round of Ultron awarded a 4*. The first awarded a 3*. I think that might have more to do with the scale in difficulty. Both Galactus rewards are 4*.

In Ultron Rd 2, because they gave us very little info on Rd 2, which is not surprising because they do a poor job of upfront and clear communication and giving details about upcoming events. I formed my teams for Ultron Rd 2 based on how people performed in Ultron Rd 1. In Rd 2, we made it to Rd 8 with 30 min left to spare, which meant anyone that wasn't around to play in the last 30 min, wasn't able to hit the node in the Prime map, to win the 2nd cover. That's poor game design when incorporating an alliance based event, because you can risk holding back your alliance if you don't score well but you aren't rewarded for your alliances' success. The game does a great job at ill conceived planning, so to be surprised about that means you have to much in the developers to think things through.