Congrats to Dark Matter

Noobulator
Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
You've taken down Galactus. Formerly Best, you're two for two on big boss battles. Now, what are you going to do next?

EAT PANCAKES!

Game, Blouses

Comments

• Let us all know how Cyclops plays.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Just so other alliances know, the nodes stay up after and you can still attack Galactus to focus on personal progression rewards if you are that masochistic.
  • It doesn't seem worth it to go for the Legendary Token. That is a lot of health packs.
  • Let us all know how Cyclops plays.

He's available to play (along with Old Man Logan and Iceman) in the aniversary PvP season node.
  • Good job team!!

I was one of the bottom feeders...but great team....love these peeps!!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dunno how you guys plodded through round 8, but hats off. It's really impressive.
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Great job! Our Alliance is almost to round 7. Curious, is anybody in Dark Matter close to the legendary token?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    rdvargas1 wrote:
    Great job! Our Alliance is almost to round 7. Curious, is anybody in Dark Matter close to the legendary token?

We have someone at 1.12m currently. People will get there if they want to. Most probably won't want to bother lol.
  • It's a lot of resources for a probable Electra:-)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats on beating Galactus. We are on round 7 and don't think we will have enough time for round 8. i have over 800k points and thought I was doing well but over a million is crazy.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    DAAN8yB_zpsk8kanrrh.jpg
  • Laif2DX wrote:
    Let us all know how Cyclops plays.

He's available to play (along with Old Man Logan and Iceman) in the aniversary PvP season node.
    I was more taunting Noob to whale Cyclops.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Good work guys!
    I expect Ace of Blades to have finished round 8 by the time I wake up tomorrow -- good news that the nodes stay open, I am at 1,030,000 or so right now, and adding 120-150,000 or so per round means I should hit Legendary tomorrow.

This last go round I have been pretty lucky: used just two health packs total between Galactus and the sub-nodes.

For everyone complaining -- you're right to complain. This sucks and feels cheap to me. There should be more viable ways to win, and doing 30k damage to Galactus on the first two turns is garbage. I am glad my alliance will get all the covers, but I wish that this had been fun.

Still... All told... Still technically less grinding than going for top 10 to get a 4* new release for me, so I'm still happy.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Good Job!
    We'll get it done a little later i guess and then hope they will change it for the rerun. icon_e_confused.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    I should hit 1.25 million next refresh then I'm done for the event.

This event is basically impossible without a way to bypass the lock out, assuming you hit round 8 at around the same time (cleared round 6 normally, 7 would take maybe 50% longer without a way to reset bad boards) you would be expected to take out half his life on average by turn 3. Either that or expect a 50% win to make up for the times you do only match damage.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    edited October 2015
    Awesome guys! I'm sure there will be very few alliances that complete Round 8. Under 20 would be my guess.
    Our alliance will finish Round 7. Legendary personal progression is cutting close. With the added difficulty of Round 8, its a risk item.
    I did clear 5/6 tries on my last Round 7 time window. The one I lost might have been won if I made a different move.

I think one of the fallacies of the event was playing the first essential before Galactus unlocked by himself. So several clear attempts were 5 attempts instead of 6.
    Also we probably figured out the best tricks just today. Sadly, a good number of people don't have the right roster to handle the job. They normally do well in PvE, but "strategy" for Galactus is limited. Which makes sense that Round 8 is out of our reach. And D3 wanted few to make it. But they better not make Red Hulk any harder just because one alliance finished a day early.

My old alliances were not good and I never saw the end of Round 6 for Ultron. So to have made it through Round 6 and soon Round 7, I am more thrilled with this game than most right now. I wish Simulation was open because I am currently playing less than normal -- during Anniversary? Lightning Rounds would solve this!

Update: I misread OP. I thought this was an announcement that you finished Round 8. But then I saw your roster and it didn't have red Cyk, so I re-read your post. It's still a feat to have beaten Round 7. Maybe there will be less alliances finishing Round 8 than I thought.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    It doesn't seem worth it to go for the Legendary Token. That is a lot of health packs.

It's either that, or grind pves, or buy 40-pks. If I am in a position to grind round 8 for the legendary token, at the cost of heal packs, I would go for it.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    wow congratulations! My alliance is in round 7 right now and will probably make it to round 8 but not finish. For you guys to finish with a day to spare is impressive!
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I believe Shake N Bake will be finishing tomorrow afternoon, two refreshes from now. We had two very low (under 200k) scoring players too.
  • Waiting for my pancakes noob