IceIX and 'reds': A tl;dr snapshot of how we're feeling.

2»

Comments

• Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Please add, general inexplicable randomness of details.

Case in point....

The essentials generally pay off 1600pts. Rather generous.

However, in the 8th(?) cycle, the first essential, Jean Grey, became a survival node, consisting of a wave of 7 Maggia, followed by a second wave of a high-level Kingpin, Hood, and 3BE.

This fight only paid 800pts.

And it forced players to use a relatively new 4*, making it by far the hardest fight of that cycle!

... and it paid less because ... why? A typo in a table somewhere???

800 is better than the 0 points awarded to myself and plenty of my alliance members for the second sub node, thought it was one of those display glitches that happen from time to time but nope - no points awarded...the "celebration" continues!
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    this really really should be bumped.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Is it possible to get this pinned for a couple of days?
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    blinktag wrote:

honestly, even if it doesn't, the second i see this on page 2, im writing a post to bump it up.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Cylaali wrote:
    blinktag wrote:

honestly, even if it doesn't, the second i see this on page 2, im writing a post to bump it up.

Haha, appreciate it. icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks everyone. I've been playing this for about a year and a half now, and never seen the forum this united in opinion. Even people who like aspects of it don't seem to want to defend the whole thing, or the 'response' we've received so far. So I thought I'd just be interesting to see that all put together.

Also thought it'd be a bit more eye opening for red names to see it like this.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Lystrata -
    Thank you!!! Truly amazing job putting this together!!! It shows real determination - and also shows how much people really CARE about this game that has led to this level of frustration.

The REAL DISCONNECT that everyone is feeling is that the Anniversary Events are supposed to be about Celebration....and Cake! What we got instead was something that went against the basic premise of the last two years and hasn't felt very celebratory at all. From the game play mechanics & (lack of) rewards on Galactus, to the poor Token odds, to the bizarre choices for anniversary progression awards (Moonstone for 1200 points on Season, really? 2*Wolv for 3000 points season, really really???), to the complete lack of camaraderie between the designers, developers and player base since the Anniversary started, a once a year event has felt anything but special overall.
  • D2KM_
    D2KM_ Posts: 134
    This was getting too close to page 2, just want to give it a bump icon_e_biggrin.gif

And a shout out to the OP, great write up!! Thanks for taking the time to do this.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Lystrata -
    Thank you!!! Truly amazing job putting this together!!! It shows real determination - and also shows how much people really CARE about this game that has led to this level of frustration.

The REAL DISCONNECT that everyone is feeling is that the Anniversary Events are supposed to be about Celebration....and Cake! What we got instead was something that went against the basic premise of the last two years and hasn't felt very celebratory at all. From the game play mechanics & (lack of) rewards on Galactus, to the poor Token odds, to the bizarre choices for anniversary progression awards (Moonstone for 1200 points on Season, really? 2*Wolv for 3000 points season, really really???), to the complete lack of camaraderie between the designers, developers and player base since the Anniversary started, a once a year event has felt anything but special overall.

I actually burst out laughing this morning when I realized that after the 10pack and hp, next up is a 2* wolverine lol. I can't even...
  • CaptainFreaky
    If a mod could sticky this for the next 24-48 hours, that would be awesome.
  • CaptainFreaky
    and....bump
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please add, general inexplicable randomness of details.

Case in point....

The essentials generally pay off 1600pts. Rather generous.

However, in the 8th(?) cycle, the first essential, Jean Grey, became a survival node, consisting of a wave of 7 Maggia, followed by a second wave of a high-level Kingpin, Hood, and 3BE.

This fight only paid 800pts.
    Each wave in the survival nodes was worth 800 points, for 1600 total. If you died in wave 2, you'd get 800 points. When you then completed it on another try, you'd get the other 800 points. That's probably what happened.

Of course, in regular PvE, survival nodes are usually worth a lot more than the other nodes on the map...
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Cylaali wrote:
    blinktag wrote:

Right. (That's what my earlier post was too.)

I would still very much like to see a better response to this than IceIX's thread.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    While I previously posted I find galactus not fun, that was before I9's post. I still found the event to not be fun, but I understand the concept. The concept sounds great from a design stand point, but it failed to take distinguish between bugging galactus and not getting a chance to even get going.

I think, players need a chance to get off a few abilities before galactus becomes annoyed. I don't think the damage from matching tiles translates into actions that would get his attention. Maybe after a few cyclops red and patch green, he might get significantly annoyed to swat away the annoyances.

I also think this pve format translates better to a longer format than the ant man pve did. Once every 24 hours players can log in and can attack galactus up to 6 times.

One last thing, instead of trying to find the minimum or a balance for anniversary rewards, I think the event should be overgenerous. It is an opportunity for mpq to show appreciation to its playerbase and get good pr that Anniversary is a can't miss event. The latter will help get new players to visit and awol players a good reason to check back in on the game.