Do not double reward those who complete this event

mjh
mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
In Ultron D3 rewarded the 2, yes 2, alliances that finished the last round with additional rewards. Like tax breaks for the top 1%.

Do not repeat this, instead take the fact that a small number of alliances finishing this event as a sign that your bar is way too high and your foresight and play testing was way too low. Yes I know IceIX said the progress is actually higher than expected but that is the wrong metric to look at. Your vocal player base should be the metric to measure by.

Either compensate all players or none.

To be fair 2* teams are not expected to finish round 8 but take a look at what is actually happening here. Those who did not make it to the finish line out of sheer bad game design should not have to look at those who did because they didn't have a GSBW / Hulk / PX (still waiting to finish PX, day 571) team, compensate accordingly.

edit: this is what happened in Ultron for those who missed it
https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29188&hilit=ultron+congratulations
The number of players we expected to complete Rounds 1-7 was accurate. In Round 8, no team made it past 30% of the score target, except for two incredibly valiant teams that completed the event. This implies that a lot of players couldn't see the finish line and threw in the towel, which is not what we wanted to happen.
  • For the teams that completed Round 8, we'll be giving you a 4* cover of your choice. Please contact support in-game by tapping the Help button under Settings with your request.

Comments

• rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I was away from the game during the 2nd ultron run so I don't know about double rewards.....what happened there?

To be fair, Xforce/IF/Cyclops works fairly well too.... icon_e_smile.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    You made a post specifically to try and make other players have less rewards?

Seriously?
  • mjh
  • mjh
    Raffoon wrote:

Seriously?
    you completely missed the point, try again
  • mjh wrote:

Why don't you start by making your point clear?
  • mjh
    mjh wrote:

Why don't you start by making your point clear?
    mjh wrote:
    In Ultron D3 rewarded the 2, yes 2, alliances that finished the last round with additional rewards. Like tax breaks for the top 1%.

Do not repeat this, instead take the fact that a small number of alliances finishing this event as a sign that your bar is way too high and your foresight and play testing was way too low.

Pretty clear
  • Raffoon
    mjh wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:

Seriously?

Enlighten me. The basic structure of your post title is: Do not reward [type of player]. Your post expounds on that idea.

If that idea wasn't the point, then you should probably consider constructing your posts differently.
  • No **** they set the bar too high but that doesn't mean the few of us who are able to beat the terribly made event shouldn't get compensated for the poor design alongside the rest of the playerbase. Your post literally just said don't give compensation for the people who beat the event.
  • mjh
    the few of us who are able to beat the terribly made event shouldn't get compensated for the poor design

fixed
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't worry, nobody's completing this anyway.
  • Right. Because being salty at the players is the right way to go about it.
  • mjh
    Right. Because being salty at the players is the right way to go about it.
    wow, how is the point getting missed by so much.

Nothing to do with players, everything to do with how devs are handling the after game.
  • You are literally saying don't compensate part of the playerbase because the developers screwed the pooch. How hard is it for you to understand your own statement?

You sound like an edgy high school anarchist.
  • mjh
    You are literally saying don't compensate part of the playerbase because the developers screwed the pooch. How hard is it for you to understand your own statement?

nope, you missed the point again. edited original post with more context.

if they are going to compensate part of the playerbase because developers screwed the pooch, they need to compensate the entire playerbase
  • You have no idea the effort those of us who are slogging through their terrible design are putting in. Some of us are putting in quite a bit of resources and pulling out all the stops to beat their terrible design. I don't expect them to give me extra compensation but I don't think giving a little extra to those who beat the bad design while also making sure everyone is compensated is a bad idea.

You're actually getting mad at the idea of the people who are working the hardest to beat their worst created event might get a tiny bit more compensation than you. You are really salty over nothing.

I'm not missing a point. You aren't really making one.
  • mjh
    giving a little extra to those who beat the bad design
    no
  • Raffoon
    mjh wrote:
    You are literally saying don't compensate part of the playerbase because the developers screwed the pooch. How hard is it for you to understand your own statement?

if they are going to compensate part of the playerbase because developers screwed the pooch, they need to compensate the entire playerbase

That's the part that is missing from your original post. You're not saying "Don't just compensate these people, compensate everyone". You're saying "Don't compensate these people". You missed the second half.
  • mjh
    Raffoon wrote:
    mjh wrote:

That's the part that is missing from your original post. You're not saying "Don't just compensate these people, compensate everyone". You're saying "Don't compensate these people". You missed the second half.
    Thought that was understood but i'll edit original post
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    If some determined few force close their way to good boards to get by, reward them. There's nothing wrong with that. If the devs then try to point to that group as a justification for their entirely ducked up design, by all means, get the pitch forks and torches. There is plenty of reason to be angry, just direct it at the right spot, the devs.

As for compensation, I still say we need something other than a few HP and tokens. Something game changing is in order. Permanent double ISO, making heroics 3* or better, etc.
  • You have no idea the effort those of us who are slogging [...] I don't expect them to give me extra compensation but I don't think giving a little extra to those who beat the bad design while also making sure everyone is compensated is a bad idea.
    You are slogging through to get the rewards that are listed, something 99% of the player base will not get. No one is asking that you not be compensated for the terrible event or not get those listed rewards, just that they not give extra bonus rewards to people who already got the best rewards. Especially since the terrible design is the reason people quit trying.
    An apology would go a long way, not a reward for the "elite" players who decided to put up with the largest pile of ****.