Re: You're supposed to lose. And why that makes me angry.

2»

Comments

• Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    What pisses me off about this game is their "idea". Their idea of a reward system,their idea of what should be compensation,their idea of a fun enjoyable game, their idea on how to make money...the list goes on, their ideas just plain suck!
  • GMadMan040 wrote:
    tumblr_static_6m8pd6u2dns48kkgg4gcsc008.jpg

If only there was a button.

Or maybe complex issues and thoughts can't always be condensed into a single simple soundbite.

I think it could be safely argued that this is not a complex issue. The Iran Nuclear deal is a complex issue.

"You dropped the ball and your player base is furious. Own it."

That wasn't too tough. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Side note: I appreciate the depth of the original post and the points contained within and up voted accordingly. In moments of frustration, there should always be a little room for humor.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    tumblr_static_6m8pd6u2dns48kkgg4gcsc008.jpg

If only there was a button.

Or maybe complex issues and thoughts can't always be condensed into a single simple soundbite.

I think it could be safely argued that this is not a complex issue. The Iran Nuclear deal is a complex issue.

"You dropped the ball and your player base is furious. Own it."

That wasn't too tough. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Side note: I appreciate the depth of the original post and the points contained within and up voted accordingly. In moments of frustration, there should always be a little room for humor.

Despite my ability to spin a yarn, and make points. Collect and compare data. If it isn't a number my ability to compress a complaint to a single metric is pretty lacking.

And thanks, you are correct. There should be no situation in which a little humour does not help. Another of my failings. I might be a good debater, but I'm a terrible comedian.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Just bumping this so more people can get a chance to read. I don't know what the policy is on that, but I really want a Dev to read it.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    From a story perspective, the idea that we need to lose is just plain ridiculous. I don't know anything about Galactus (I don't read comics), but I get that he is big and powerful and that we're not supposed to be able to beat him in one shot. Isn't that the point of having this giant health bar that the alliance has to whittle down together?

To me, each fight represents how long Galactus will tolerate our attacks before swatting us away in what could be considered the equivalent of an "eject" type move used in really hard fights found in other games. When his health reaches 0 in the individual fights, we are "ejected" and have to wait for the next opening. If we're not careful or have little to no strategy, we deserved to be eye-lasered to death prematurely. Otherwise, we've earned the right to stay as long as possible (until that little bar reaches 0).