Force quitting problem on Galactus

Due to the pure chance/3- turn (round 6) death design of the Galactus event, it appears "force quitting" has become rampant in top 100 alliances (ours included).

this post is an open warning to D3Go:

- when deciding if The Galactus event was properly balanced, please look at your unfinished games stats. I believe it will say it all.

To compete we had to adapt, and I hate it. As such, our alliance is quitting Galactus once we clear round 6.

It was just not fun. This is not flappy bird. Flappy bird was not pay to compete.

Comments

• san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    This is a sad, sad truth. I am one of the few on the alliance who hadn't done it until this refresh, but you can bet I'm in now. 3 turns to be killed is NOT fun, however you look at it.

I'd understand if Galactus swatted us every 3-5 turns with a 5k AOE, but this is just ridiculous.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will not explain what this means here to avoid proliferation of the technique
    Yes, because one would have to be some sort of savant to deduce what you're talking about based on your subject header...

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    I just force quit 3 times per node clear and only won 3 and still used all my 10 health packs. So much fun!!!
  • simonsez wrote:
    I will not explain what this means here to avoid proliferation of the technique
    Yes, because one would have to be some sort of savant to deduce what you're talking about based on your subject header...

icon_rolleyes.gif
    Given how many questions I have received asking to explain, I still stand by the statement.

Also, it is a balance between proliferation and ensuring D3go makes a final judgement with all data on hand.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    When they hotfix it later today we will know who to blame.
  • brisashi wrote:
    I will gladly accept blame, and profusely apologize in advance.
  • Who needs to blame anyone for anything? Just call everyone a savant and roll your eyes. That's productive, right? Thanks for the post Dragon icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I don't like it, but when the only team I have capable of beating Round 5 Galactus (IF, SW and Cyclops/X-Force) starts in a board that's mostly yellow and blue (but no 4 or 5-matches) with nary a black or purple match in sight, what am I supposed to do? Use my precious 4 turns of life matching random colours and dealing a grand total of +/-2k (mostly from IF's attack tile) before my team is obliterated, wasting not only my time and resources (health packs and boosts) but also, one of the precious, completely irretrievable and non-renewable chances of scoring points in the event? I don't think so.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    brisashi wrote:
    It's an interesting problem, for them to solve. Force-quitting is already penalized, but those penalties already apply (by necessity) to people experiencing crashes as well. If they patch this in any way to dissuade people from abusing the system, they make it even worse on people who experience legitimate crashes.

What they should fix is a game mode so demoralizing that people are driven to cheat the system on what is probably a broader scale than ever before.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Why ppl always feel entitled to leak info just to show they know.. What You re doing now is just taking away one of the only tools at our disposal to counter this horrible fight.. Hope you re feeling better now that you hurt this community.. Sad..
  • How exactly is the community hurt?
  • Why ppl always feel entitled to leak info just to show they know.. What You re doing now is just taking away one of the only tools at our disposal to counter this horrible fight.. Hope you re feeling better now that you hurt this community.. Sad..

The community is far more impacted by D3Go looking at their numbers (see Icex post) and feeling like alliances are progressing further than they thought... Then subsequently make red hulk event harder to compensate.
    Cheating, like in cycling, ends up hurting the game, the community and the players.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Why ppl always feel entitled to leak info just to show they know.. What You re doing now is just taking away one of the only tools at our disposal to counter this horrible fight.. Hope you re feeling better now that you hurt this community.. Sad..

How can you even think this?

This isn't a "Tool" to counter poor design ... It's cheating - You are literally crashing the game to get an advantage. You can't call crashing the game part of the game. That's some crazy Deadpool 3rd wall stuff right there.

You should be angry at D3 for making a event that requires this rather then being angry at the OP. He is just high lighting a HUGE issue, you should thank him instead.

The reality is that if people were not doing this then maybe D3 wouldn't be able to hide behind their bogus stats that say people are actually playing the game.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    brisashi wrote:
    It's an interesting problem, for them to solve. Force-quitting is already penalized, but those penalties already apply (by necessity) to people experiencing crashes as well. If they patch this in any way to dissuade people from abusing the system, they make it even worse on people who experience legitimate crashes.

What they should fix is a game mode so demoralizing that people are driven to cheat the system on what is probably a broader scale than ever before.

Exactly what we have been debating internally. This is a tough problem with no ideal solution. As a result, I'm hoping D3 will stop designing "losapalooza for fun" events. You give us those health pack sucking events? We'll have to adapt to compete.
  • simonsez
    Mainecoon wrote:
    That's productive, right?
    You know what's NOT productive? Posting **** and then acting like you're not waving a red flag. Why do you think this event is the way it is? Because as soon as the specs were posted, people couldn't resist the urge to post ways to beat it. And each time, they made another tweak to counter the proposed strategy. And now we have an unwinnable event. Sooo productive...
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker

I think we need to address the assumption here, that being that d3 will use this information on how players are winning to hurt the players' chances, and disallow it in the future.

The truth is, that's sad. Not because Dragon shared that information, but because we PRESUME that D3 will use this to hurt the playerbase and remove the only strategy we have left, because, make no mistake, that is a strategy.

Dragon does not hurt the community, D3 does.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    For every frustrating moment experienced during this event I decided to delay by 1 week the purchase of any HP at all, I had been very tempted to get some Logan's loonies leading up to the event and by sheer chance was too ill to play on day 1. Lucky break that.

So far d3 will be waiting at least 6 weeks to get any money from me now and even that's only a small number because I stopped playing the Galactus event at round 5 and decided to go undercover instead as that's a challenge that I enjoy undertaking.
  • simonsez
    The community is far more impacted by D3Go looking at their numbers (see Icex post) and feeling like alliances are progressing further than they thought... Then subsequently make red hulk event harder to compensate.
    Cheating, like in cycling, ends up hurting the game, the community and the players.
    You should have just said this from the beginning, instead of pretending your post wouldn't result in the proliferation you were pretending to want to avoid. If anything, you should want EVERYONE doing this now, so the devs can see how utterly broken this event is.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Mainecoon wrote:
    You know what's NOT productive? Posting tinykitty and then acting like you're not waving a red flag. Why do you think this event is the way it is? Because as soon as the specs were posted, people couldn't resist the urge to post ways to beat it. And each time, they made another tweak to counter the proposed strategy. And now we have an unwinnable event. Sooo productive...
    Because of course everything is tinykitty unless you say so, I presume?
  • simonsez wrote:
    Mainecoon wrote:
    You know what's NOT productive? Posting tinykitty and then acting like you're not waving a red flag. Why do you think this event is the way it is? Because as soon as the specs were posted, people couldn't resist the urge to post ways to beat it. And each time, they made another tweak to counter the proposed strategy. And now we have an unwinnable event. Sooo productive...

Simon, you are a prolific and often thought provoking poster which is why I'm a little taken aback by your position on this one. Wouldn't it be better to have a fairly balanced red hulk event rather than using workarounds to make it?
    I understand and feel the anger, but are you directing it at the right target?
    D3Go designed this event on purpose, to properly balance their game they need to have all the facts. Perhaps it was naive of me to think they may not already know, but at least let's discuss the problem and what we should all do about it to fairly compete on an even level.