Poll: Galactus event

Comments

• mu7an7
    mu7an7 Posts: 34
    Galactus.jpg
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Cymmina wrote:
    The only thing fun about this event is reading through all of the rage threads. I don't think I've seen a community this angry about something in a game where they are actually justifiably angry.

This. The overwhelming negative response is incredible. Keeping this on page 1.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just refloating a little bit the thread so devs see it on monday

I think this is one of the most overwhelming polls we have ever made.

TOTAL DISASTER comes to my mind
  • First, had dropped off the first page, so bumping.

Second, thank you for going "Pure" yes/no and not gimmicking it with all answers being a variant of no or such. Im sure there -are- people who enjoyed it. They have a right to be heard just as much as those of us that disliked it.

Third, if you vote, click the rate button on the first post. This post has enough votes to definitely be green, but it's not.
  • Voted no. Wish I could vote more than once. A single no doesn't quite capture how I feel.

So I'll just say I'm thoroughly disappointed with this event.

-GK
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buuuuuump.

I think it is easy to see by all the threads how unanimous people is regarding this 'event', but this poll is quite graphic.
  • This is an important post. It's like a Net Promoter Score (NPS), it provides the most important bit of data in a very succinct form. Every poll will have its share of fanboys, apologists, and class clowns that vote contrary for the lawls. The poll would have been better with a larger range of satisfaction, but I think this should be telling overall.
  • What's up with the poll numbers? ATM it has 1 no vote (listed as 6%) and 206 yes out of a total of 219 votes cast. I'm no math expert, but 206+1 =/= 219 and 1/219 =/= 6%
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    teaNerd87 wrote:
    What's up with the poll numbers? ATM it has 1 no vote (listed as 6%) and 206 yes out of a total of 219 votes cast. I'm no math expert, but 206+1 =/= 219 and 1/219 =/= 6%
    It shows 13 Yes votes and 209 No votes and the percentages seem to be correct.
  • angua51
    angua51 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    This poll and its results express my feelings exactly.
  • teaNerd87 wrote:
    What's up with the poll numbers? ATM it has 1 no vote (listed as 6%) and 206 yes out of a total of 219 votes cast. I'm no math expert, but 206+1 =/= 219 and 1/219 =/= 6%
    It shows 13 Yes votes and 209 No votes and the percentages seem to be correct.

Now it does. I'm guessing that since the numbers are inside the bars and the yes bar was so short that the second digit was truncated. Because I swear to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that it was displaying as I typed. Or maybe Chrome for Android was just displaying it wrong. I dunno.
  • This event was devs way of making us understand how the AI feels when you play the prologue levels against lvl 2 Hammer team to get Deadpool points!!
  • This keeps being pushed off the front page by Galactus complaints, but this is a really good poll for people to see. 94% did not enjoy the event. That's pretty telling.
  • I was telling my daughter about the amount of rage threads about the event and this poll I think sums it up the disappointment more than enough. I hope it's not going to fall on deaf ears.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with some previous posters this poll was loaded to begin with. You shouldn't conduct a poll with only polarised answers to select it skews your data and also discourages people from voting.

Just a tip for next time use a five point scale on your poll and also don't make your statements leading, it will give more accurate data.

For my two cents I did not enjoy this event for a number of reason which include:

Unfair difficulty which had little to do with skill (or even roster strength really)
    Prizes which did not reflect effort
    Design which could have used some play testing before release
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    I really do understand the devs wanting us to struggle and not win 100% of the time. Unfortunately, overscaled "relatively simple" and "minor hazard" minion fights weren't cakewalks. My nodes were ended up maxing out around 340+, which will bang up any team and chew healthpacks.

Galactus forced us to use either Hulk or Capt. Marvel to tank hits to generate AP. These two were the only ones we could use and still win with a decent percentage. Winfinite and other teams were simply too slow in dealing with the overwhelming amount of tiles Galactus pukes out. Having a developed roster was useless when you're pigeonholed into a singular strategy. I feel for those with weak rosters because Galactus would be a futile exercise in misery.

While my alliance did complete Galactus and I reached the Legendary Token, I am disappointed with the event and Anniversary in general. This should be a time when morale is at an all time high and people are excited to play. Unfortunately, as the poll reflects, very few are happy with the outcome.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was hard, but not terrible. My biggest complaint was that the only way to do well (beat r8 and hit prog) was to have a very specific roster which could lock out a lot of players that would have done well in a traditional PVE.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    I know what the results will be already, but please vote to show the devs some data regarding how we feel
    towards their Galactus event.
    I wanted to say that although I voted no, that was based on round 4 and 5, (which was as far as I got). I felt it was ok (I occasionally was finding combos that would win with some luck against galactus) through round 3. Then scaling just floored me and I stopped being able to ever kill galactus and even the sub nodes were suddenly ridiculous .i think I had an insane streak of lucky cascades one attempt in round 5 and killed him but maybe I'm remembering the end of round 4, it's all a blur of used up health packs and 40% of my characters dead or with 3 hours to heal. I understand the idea: it's fracking Galactus. Still it seemed that it scaled so far I can't imagine it was fun for many. I have no maxed 4 stars and even with a decent stable of maxed 3 stars it was a slaughterfest
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Flare808 wrote:
    I really do understand the devs wanting us to struggle and not win 100% of the time. Unfortunately, overscaled "relatively simple" and "minor hazard" minion fights weren't cakewalks. My nodes were ended up maxing out around 340+, which will bang up any team and chew healthpacks.

Galactus forced us to use either Hulk or Capt. Marvel to tank hits to generate AP. These two were the only ones we could use and still win with a decent percentage. Winfinite and other teams were simply too slow in dealing with the overwhelming amount of tiles Galactus pukes out. Having a developed roster was useless when you're pigeonholed into a singular strategy. I feel for those with weak rosters because Galactus would be a futile exercise in misery.

While my alliance did complete Galactus and I reached the Legendary Token, I am disappointed with the event and Anniversary in general. This should be a time when morale is at an all time high and people are excited to play. Unfortunately, as the poll reflects, very few are happy with the outcome.
    EDIT: Removed comment again, so that the devs won't get any ideas. Last time I said something in jest, it happened for real.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    In a typical PVE 4* release, I can get 5 covers for 4 (T2 personal) and 1 (alliance) without any of the frustration I encountered in Galactus. I can grind thru a 7 day PVE and come out with more rewards and less frustration than the 2.5 days I played Galactus Hungers. Yes, I do need to play more during the PVE, but I can justify to myself, that the rewards are worth the effort. I also can usually double the amount of points required to get the Legendary. I finished with 1.3m in Galactus, my team finished Round 7, so I got 2 covers. I got the Legendary before the last Essential refresh, and was going to play the last refresh thinking it might be fun to play without anything on the line. I ended up not playing just due to being drained and hating MPQ.

Another comparison is the Ultron runs. We finished Run 1. Due to no info about Run 2, we had no time to plan or adjust, but we didn't feel the need to. We finished Round 7 of Run 2 with 30 minutes left. That meant that anyone that wasn't online in those last 30 minutes, could not play to win the Ultron Prime node that we unlocked, meaning they weren't getting that 2nd IMHB. While it sucked not to get all 3 covers, only 2 alliances did, it wasn't as frustrating because we could play the whole event, gain rewards, not continually wipe. There was enjoyable gameplay during the event, but the results just sucked due to not being able to plan due to not being informed of the event's parameters. Every battle against Galactus sucked, after Round 5, for me. There wasn't much enjoyable gameplay during the event, and the **** anniversary token odds did not help alleviate any of the suckitude.

To sum it up, Galactus Hungers sucks. If you want to make it suck less, there are plenty of suggestions around. You could also make this event, and possible other new events suck less, by informing us of the event parameters, so we can possibly plan earlier. If we are able to plan, please don't use our strategies we post to tweak the event and make it that much more difficult. It'll just turn people off from using the game's official forums.