Poll: Galactus event

sinnerjfl
sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I know what the results will be already, but please vote to show the devs some data regarding how we feel
towards their Galactus event.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    See the issue is the poll has fun and hard as opposites.

it's not hard, its bad and uses luck in place of difficulty.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    GurlBYE wrote:

Right. I voted no, but I'd enjoy a challenging experience.

Losing in 3 turns because I couldn't match 3 randomly place 2 turn cooldowns placed in an unlucky spot is not fun or challenging.
  • sinnerjfl
    GurlBYE wrote:

Better? icon_e_smile.gif

I agree, i dont mind some events being hard... but there is a limit. The difficulty is just absurd and retreating after 4 turns while wasting all your health packs is ridiculous. Maybe if retreating didnt have the penalty for this specific event it might be a little better.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    The only thing fun about this event is reading through all of the rage threads. I don't think I've seen a community this angry about something in a game where they are actually justifiably angry.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suppose I'm the only one to vote that I'm enjoying it.

I've always been one to try out strange teams and combinations. Galactus is giving me reason to try some really strange teams, and some of them are defeating him.

It's also fun to see if the developers thought of everything. Did they figure out everything weird that could be accomplished with a double Fastball Special? Does Mystique shapeshift to look like Colossus? It's really fun when they actually missed something. Will anyone else find it? Will the developer get it fixed in time for the next event.

Strange bugs are fun.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    It's not that it's difficult, or that it's designed for you to lose most of the time.

It's that you get no time to do any damage, the sub-nodes scale out of proportion (there is less than no reason for a Level 395 Gorgon).

It's that being unable to do much damage means I'll be lucky to get even that first Cyclops cover.

It's the complete lack of HP and almost no heroic token rewards coming from the event (unlike Ultron), and good luck ever getting the token for beating Galactus after Round 4. So the incessant losing at higher levels yields a pittance of ISO.

It's the fact that I feel like I'm burning my roster apart to earn a handful of ISO and a couple of 2*s. The only thing I've gotten out of the anniversary events so far is a pair of Dino tokens. And given the appalling drop rates, I feel like I should be thankful I've been that lucky.

And most of all, it's that I worry the dev team will fail to grasp the legitimate criticisms given the lack of substance or decorum in some of the complaints that have been posted.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards

I've always been one to try out strange teams and combinations. Galactus is giving me reason to try some really strange teams, and some of them are defeating him.

It's also fun to see if the developers thought of everything. Did they figure out everything weird that could be accomplished with a double Fastball Special? Does Mystique shapeshift to look like Colossus? It's really fun when they actually missed something. Will anyone else find it? Will the developer get it fixed in time for the next event.

Strange bugs are fun.
    It almost sounds like you're hinting that mystique can turn into galactus.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    I like this post...icon_e_smile.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's also fun to see if the developers thought of everything. Did they figure out everything weird that could be accomplished with a double Fastball Special?
    I need to know your secret for getting that much black in 3 turns.
  • sinnerjfl
    *bump* Keep voting, just to be sure our results are accurate icon_e_wink.gif
  • 7 developers have voted in this poll
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooohhh people is not havig fun? But if being completely obliterated in 3 turns without time to try any strategy is super fun!

And opening these wonderful tokens that we get, with these fantastic chances, is super fun, pulling moonstone (or any other 2) over and over again is great!

And these supposed easy nodes that we have to clear before we can die fighting Galaktus (iceix expressed they were supposed to be easy!!!!) are also very fun, now we need to use health packs before fighting Galaktus and after dying at his hands.

And 1250000 for getting the legendary token, how many people are going to get it 1%? I ALWAYS get the legendary in PvE events, this one on the other hand is completely out of reach, I doubt I am going to be able to get to 1M

How any of these could not be fun?!?!?

So please, please, please CANCEL THE ANNIVERSARY lets play again normal events with normal tokens. Thanxs.

Ps: I have opened like 20 tokens or more and 0-4s, 2-3s and all the rest 2s. WORST TOKENS EVER
  • Frasaria wrote:
    7 developers have voted in this poll

Or paid spokespeople posing as forum members… icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who the tinykitten voted they are having fun?!
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler

I'm sure some people are having fun. They are probably the Super Competitive people who will actually finish the event. For those kind of people the game isn't the fun part, It's only the winning that is fun.

I mean some people enjoy stabbing themselves.... there is always that small %
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    MAKE SURE THAT YOU UPVOTE THE OPENING POST, or else the developers won't even see this thread and poll, correct?
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    LXSandman wrote:

I'm sure some people are having fun. They are probably the Super Competitive people who will actually finish the event. For those kind of people the game isn't the fun part, It's only the winning that is fun.

I mean some people enjoy stabbing themselves.... there is always that small %

Somebody in my alliance said that he's really been enjoying it more than Ultron, having to carefully consider the board and try for the perfect move every time... BUT that was before we hit round 6! Now that he's died on round 3 as soon as Galactus pulled his first batch of AP, I think his opinion has changed.

If Round 8 was this frustrating (as hard as round 6), I probably wouldn't mind. Suiciding in desperate futility AFTER we've gotten the new character who's sure to be essential for the next event would be be quite a bit less annoying.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Kind of surprised at the relatively low number of votes in the poll.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor

Strange bugs are fun.

I'd love to throw random teams at it. But with the limited number of attempts, that would screw over my alliance.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    let's just say that everyone who has played in the event should get a super galactus token that gives you a 100% chance of pulling a limited edition mpq doughnut pillow that will be shipped to you when the anniversary event ends.