Almost impossible transition to 4*

2»

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Square wrote:
    You have to learn how to PVP. If you have a solid 3* team, join an alliance with higher minimums (800-900 or so), they should know how to get 1K. They will coach you (if they are a good alliance).

The great thing with this game is that once you get that first 4* up and running, your foot is in the door and they will flow in at a steady rate, at least three a week. I don't remember exactly where I was at the one year point, but I probably only had XF, and 4hor was on the way up. Day 500 or so now, and a lot has changed in my roster.

dont you mean get into a alliance that uses line and then cheats when they tell them who to attack and who dont.

Lots of alliances succeed without doing the things you would consider cheating. Coordinating on line gives people a 5-10% advantage, sure. But the bulk of progress, regardless if you're a whale or F2P, is still building the roster up over time, understanding meta strategies, and putting resources into winning matches.

Just because your progress is slower than you'd like doesn't mean everyone else is cheating.

5 to 10% lol that is why on my sub account i get at least 10 to 15 or even more messages saying DONT attack ....... while their shield is down.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't use Line and I get Legendary tokens when I want them. Does that make me 20-30% better than others? 40-50%? Put a number to it.

You overestimate how much coordination helps. Going from 0-1000 is a cakewalk in PVP now for anyone with a developed roster. Then 1000 to 1300 is a few shields. Yes, that requires actually developing your roster first. No, artificially capping your levels is not the same as 'developing'.

Yes, I think it only helps 5-10%. There's sooooo many other things you could do to improve your performance instead of worrying about Line communication.
  • Alx85
    Alx85 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I think the problem is seeing others ahead of you and succeeding when you don't. The nature of the pvp and pve placement rewards is that only so many players can get them. I personally set myself individual goals and rejoice when I hit them. Currently getting key 3* to 166 (I've got five so far). Inicidentally I've maxed my X force wolv without meaning to (through tokens and such) and my deadpool4 and px are playable through luck (even elecktra and star Lord have playable covers, I just haven't levelled them). I was frustrated that it seems 4* transition looks unobtainable but it's actually not as bad as I thought all things considered. 4* are hard to come by but the longer you play, you'll eventually come across them. Just stick to your own game plan. Sadly the nature of this game is that it never gets easier if you want to progress Coz everyone else is improving at the same or faster rate and they always match you to players at similar levels...
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the big problem with the 4*s is that they're relatively useless until they have at least 10 covers compared to a maxed 3* roster. I'm tantalizingly close to finishing my 4* transition - I have a bunch of 4*s in the 8-12 cover range. Unfortunately, the ones I have covered aren't that good: XFW, IW, Elektra, Carnage. The good ones are still in the 6-10 cover range and aren't good enough yet to bring to the PvP party.

The second problem is that even if you get your 4*s to 10+ covers, you don't have any ISO to level them all up. I could be gifted a million ISO right now and I wouldn't be able to bring everyone to their current max levels. Lightning rounds can only do so much. There needs to be a good way for 4* transitioners to earn the crazy amounts of ISO needed to level up those guys.