Is anybody enjoying Galactus?

uberhamster
uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Serious question. Just curious. If so, why?

(PS I know lots of people hate it - if you do I'd appreciate it if you could post in one of the other threads about unhappiness, just because it'd be easier to read replies. Thank you icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Actually, I've seen posts from several people who are really enjoying the event!

They're almost universally on rounds 2, 3, or 4.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Rounds 1 and 2 were great, then I was frozen out until round 4. That feels like a lifetime ago now, especially given the facked that they have now scaled the tinykitty out of the goon nodes.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    i was loving it... until round 6.. doing 2k damage is a good fight.. killed him once though in round 6 so far...
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I like that it apparently took folks' attention away from PvP long enough for me to sneak into T50 without playing a lot of matches this morning.
  • Sherlock1
    Sherlock1 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Mod Edit: Language!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinda; it's exciting chasing the win, though given at wave 4 winning is a combination of hoping Sws countdown spawns in a good location and hoping things line up nicely for Deceptive Tactics, with about a 66% success rate, will have to see how long the enjoyment lasts.
    If this was wave 7 or 8, I'd probably see it as a brilliant rush, and working out the green and sniper Rifle placement is a fun puzzle (I've studied the screen for 5 minutes, working the angles, and been well pleased with myself when I pull it off).
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    This should be a poll icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Pre Stage 5: Yes, in diminishing amounts.

Post Stage 4: No, in increasing amounts.

DBC
  • I'm at stage 5, sparring with 94s, and still enjoying myself.

Even if I only won 1/6 go around last time going full boostin, I'm still getting some decent hits in and getting some scores.

But I'm just really desperate for that red Torch. Mine's 3/5/5 right now, and that red is darn tasty at higher covers... especially for something like this where I need every damage point I can get!

But yeah, this is way more fun/interesting then last year's PVE (Venom: Heroic, pre-cutting it up into 24 hour nodes.)

I can't wait to give em another try, as much as I'm going to lose.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Yes. It's fun and quick. It took a few rounds to get used to the idea of not winning 95% of the time like I'm used to in the rest of the game. But now I just try my best with a good damaging team and enjoy the bonus satisfaction from the wins I do get.

I'm very glad it doesn't take a crazy long time to do a clear. And it's even nicer that we don't have to do an extra clear each time the alliance beats a round.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Considering Round 6 is 80% death by turn 3, I'm going to say no.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    icon_lol.gif Yes I'm enjoying very much! This one...

ipOaxFE8LQ8cs.jpg
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Round 6 feels like someone put my whole alliance in a bus, drove out in the forest and then NOT COOL.

Then we got a free Moonstone cover.

Moderator edit: not cool, man. -DayvBang
  • well zeeke, if your depiction of round 6 is accurate, I'm going to voluntarily "miss the Bus" to Round 6.

My alliance is in Round 4, likely not to make Round 5, let alone 6...
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok, I'll admit, as gimmicky and luck dependent as round 6 is. I kind of enjoy it. :ducks:

The problem is that my minor enjoyment of a difficult (nearly impossible) challenge is completely offset by the knowledge that it will be impossible, no matter if I hit every possible refresh, to get the Leg token or more than one of the cyc covers. Also healthpacks.
  • zeeke wrote:
    Round 6 feels like someone put my whole alliance in a bus, drove out in the forest and then GONE.

Unrelated, but man, this kind feels like the sort of graphic description of something that proooooobably shouldn't be on a forum kids might be reading...
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    So long as my alliance doesn't get passed round 5, I'm going to enjoy this. I've only wiped twice, so it is still entertaining. Once I'm at the 18 health packs every 8 hours stage, not so much.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Well I like the fact I'm not grinding. But they could of achieved this event with a "pull the lever and see if you win" kind of thing. Like someone in another thread said "it would of saved on server issues". But no not really.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I love how it's made me decide to take a long break from the game after I've completed my alliance obligation. I'll just spend the hundreds of quid i had earmarked for mpq on battlefront, uncharted remastered edition, arkham knight, witcher 3 etc instead.

And feel free to check my transactions devs. I may not be a mega whale but I spend a lot. It's so disappointing how good the game was getting but the bugs and poor event feel like a slap in the face. An anniversary should be a thank you to your player base for supporting the game, not a **** you.

To add the only time a red has ever replied to one of my questions was when I was talking about spending cash. Big surprise.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    colwag wrote:
    zeeke wrote:
    Round 6 feels like someone put my whole alliance in a bus, drove out in the forest and then NOPE.

Unrelated, but man, this kind feels like the sort of graphic description of something that proooooobably shouldn't be on a forum kids might be reading...

But kids can learn what a metaphor is, so they're learning icon_e_wink.gif