DEVs pushed a "bug" fix for Galactus Pins

2»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice to know their priorities are in order.

Yeah, I think this makes me even more mad than what I was before. Instead of fixing, the 3-turn clocks that magically are 2 turns, reducing the scaling of Galaktus powers, the nodes not unlocking after a clear, reducing personal progress reward scores, etc. they just make the event more difficult!!!

They never stop to surprise me icon_e_sad.gif
  • Polares wrote:
    Nice to know their priorities are in order.

Yeah, I think this makes me even more mad than what I was before. Instead of fixing, the 3-turn clocks that magically are 2 turns, reducing the scaling of Galaktus powers, the nodes not unlocking after a clear, reducing personal progress reward scores, etc. they just make the event more difficult!!!

They never stop to surprise me icon_e_sad.gif

This game is a joke. This event is a disgrace.

marc
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    This has been said before, but I have to agree: I can NOT understand why they would decide to 'fix' this. Are the fights against Galactus not enough of a drain on health packs? If anyone just read any of the topics posted in the last day you'd think they would decide not to make an event even harder when people are already criticising it like they are.

Now I get my... behind handed to me to even unlock a fight I know is going to end in defeat (haven't been able to beat Round 5 once so far) and another 3 health packs. It was looking grim when the satellite nodes were easy, now it's become a complete joke IMO. Or better, it would be a joke if at the same time it wouldn't be so frustrating.

I really hope there will be another PVE that awards 4* Cyclops (and Red Hulk if that event will turn out to be just like this one, because if you're not in a top alliance (which I'm not) there is really no way you'll ever get to complete Round 6 methinks. Hoping against better judgement I fear... icon_e_sad.gif
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    I don't think it's a bug. Think of a regular pve. The first refresh the nodes were the first trivial, the second and third the same. Then, on the 4th (24 hours in) you hit that 4th node that scales to your personal scaling. They didn't 'fix' it, it was probably programmed that way all along.

I'm not saying they can't fix it, just that that was not an additional slap from them.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Day 1: Galactus is to hard.
    Day 2: Fixed! - now the subs are super hard as well!
    Day 3: New Fix! Click on Galactus icon, your team immediately dies.
    You got it wrong Galactus now gets the first move spawning 4X 1 turn CD tiles each spawning 5 galactic tiles.
    Oh he also states out with 9TU AP with a level 5 intimidation TU.

Have fun
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    rossmon wrote:
    I don't think it's a bug. Think of a regular pve. The first refresh the nodes were the first trivial, the second and third the same. Then, on the 4th (24 hours in) you hit that 4th node that scales to your personal scaling. They didn't 'fix' it, it was probably programmed that way all along.

I'm not saying they can't fix it, just that that was not an additional slap from them.

Could be the case of course, as long as there is no reaction whatsoever from the devs it's all a guess. But for me the levels jumped from 30-45 to 90-105, so from reminiscent of the event where the scaling was turned off we once had and now set to a little over what I had during Ultron. Scaling usually increases the levels of opponents 10-20 levels higher, not 60, so I for one don't believe this was set to happen due to scaling, but as I said you could be right.

Maybe it would be helpful if someone in an official capacity could comment on this, the event in general, and I don't know... the rest of the issues people are bringing up? Then again I could be wrong about that too... icon_e_wink.gif
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    StevO-J wrote:
    rossmon wrote:

Could be the case of course, as long as there is no reaction whatsoever from the devs it's all a guess. But for me the levels jumped from 30-45 to 90-105, so from reminiscent of the event where the scaling was turned off we once had and now set to a little over what I had during Ultron. Scaling usually increases the levels of opponents 10-20 levels higher, not 60, so I for one don't believe this was set to happen due to scaling, but as I said you could be right.

Maybe it would be helpful if someone in an official capacity could comment on this, the event in general, and I don't know... the rest of the issues people are bringing up? Then again I could be wrong about that too... icon_e_wink.gif

But during the first 3 refreshes, the nodes were all the same level, for everybody. Just like trivial nodes. After the 3, they jumped up to what most people usually see on the 4th node in a pve. Some at 70, some at 150+.