DEVs pushed a "bug" fix for Galactus Pins

moogles85
moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So is it me or did all the pins get pushed higher when the servers went down momentarily?

They used to all be trivial and low level this morning, but now they are all scaled more appropriately.

The DEVs were open to "fixing" the bug of incorrectly scaled pins but they aren't open to the idea of making any comments yet.

Comments

• yup in the same boat!
  • Yep, that just happened. I haven't had a go yet, but I'm assumin Galactus has been appropriately scaled down. Right???
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice to know their priorities are in order.
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    theZeppo wrote:
    Yep, that just happened. I haven't had a go yet, but I'm assumin Galactus has been appropriately scaled down. Right???

Hahahaha no he hasn't.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they are set to auto scale the essentials every 24 hrs. Hopefully the devs didnt do it manually.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 1: Galactus is to hard.
    Day 2: Fixed! - now the subs are super hard as well!
    Day 3: New Fix! Click on Galactus icon, your team immediately dies.
  • Just noticed this myself…

Remember when SS wasn't going to affect our scaling?

So now I can die facing overwhelming opponents almost immediately in a node for the chance to… wait for it…

Die facing an overwhelming opponent, almost immediately.

Wow. Just wow.

DBC
  • Lol, I remember mentioning the low-level nodes in another topic...I mentioned it in the context of suggesting that it was the "improvement" from Ultron Event (trying to get more low-level players in)....now I feel bad, lol. Even though I doubt they saw my message.

Now I'm at a loss at which part is an improvement....
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Day 1: Galactus is to hard.
    Day 2: Fixed! - now the subs are super hard as well!
    Day 3: New Fix! Click on Galactus icon, your team immediately dies.

Run 2:

COSMIC WRATH 28 blacktile.png
    Demiurge harnesses the Power Cosmic to deal 1 million damage to all characters owned by all players anywhere -- even in games other than MPQ.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    *sigh* I was hoping the poor scaling was on purpose to try and make up for how ludicrous Galactus is. Guess not.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Run 2:

COSMIC WRATH 28 blacktile.png
    Demiurge harnesses the Power Cosmic to deal 1 million damage to all characters owned by all players anywhere -- even in games other than MPQ.

Like I had enough trouble maintaining first in Mario Kart.

On topic, had his CD's been behaving as they did in Round 1 this would at least give our teams a chance to seriously dent him. As it stands now you have to sacrafice three of your characters for hours/ healthpack.pnghealthpack.pnghealthpack.png if you want to play against the Devourer of Worlds himself.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    But still only award 1600 points..
  • on top of all the other shenanigans, now it is taking me two subs to unlock boss fight, anyone else running into this?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    Maybe they are set to auto scale the essentials every 24 hrs. Hopefully the devs didnt do it manually.

"Someone" caused this, i read what was posted earlier... then it happened...
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate to be so negative but it really does seem like this event was simply designed to eat health packs and get people to buy more. The prizes are awful and the ones that are good 90% of player will never reach. So for people like myself it is a pointless event which should simply be titled "kill all characters" I'd actually have preferred if when I select the Galactus fight it just gave me a message that said "Galactus killed your team" and save me the trouble of trying to fight him. If anyone has read any of my most recent posts you might have see me mention that I love setting myself tough challenges in the game (for no reason other than to amuse myself) and as someone who regularly match damages overpowered juggernaut to death (my record is level 180 in case anyone is interested) this event is absolutely ludicrous.

I just wish there was another PVE to participate in instead of this because as a 2-3* transitioner the PVP are always pointless as its impossible to break more than 650 (and the event AND anniversary tokens have only yielded 2* characters - I actually think the odds are 100% for 2*) so I literally have nothing to do for the next 3 days.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I just wish there was another PVE to participate in instead of this because as a 2-3* transitioner the PVP are always pointless as its impossible to break more than 650 (and the event AND anniversary tokens have only yielded 2* characters - I actually think the odds are 100% for 2*) so I literally have nothing to do for the next 3 days.

FWIW, see if getting a late start joining your event slices helps. Before I got moved into the veteran's bracket, finishes in the 650-750 range could be as high as T10 for me.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Ya know, as I've had more time to think about this, it really ticks me off. You have server instability - no response, bugs in other events (DDQ, PvP) as a result of the server stability - no reponse, NUMEROUS complaints that Galactus scales brokenly - no response. But oh, someone notices a bug with scaling the pins? Fixed!

This to me just screams of being horribly out of touch with your customer base. With numerous complaints about extreme difficulty (borderline impossible) and straight up inability to play the game, and you decide to invest your time and effort on making something HARDER? Forget that it's the least important bug at the moment, you're also fixing something guaranteed to make your customers less happy. Are you trying to hemorrhage customers?
  • I hate to be so negative but it really does seem like this event was simply designed to eat health packs and get people to buy more. The prizes are awful and the ones that are good 90% of player will never reach. So for people like myself it is a pointless event which should simply be titled "kill all characters" I'd actually have preferred if when I select the Galactus fight it just gave me a message that said "Galactus killed your team" and save me the trouble of trying to fight him. If anyone has read any of my most recent posts you might have see me mention that I love setting myself tough challenges in the game (for no reason other than to amuse myself) and as someone who regularly match damages overpowered juggernaut to death (my record is level 180 in case anyone is interested) this event is absolutely ludicrous.

I pretty much just came here to say this, sans that transitioner part. Last year's anniversary was a nice giveaway that was designed to reward players and hook them further. This years just seems like a cash grab and shotty 2nd rate prizes. As I've stated in other posts, vote with your wallet. Next time you have the urge to buy HP, just skip it.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    My fault. I whined too much, now it tracks me when I make posts. I commented on this in another thread, whiner tracker saw it, they fixed it to spite the whiner.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel bad complaining (and even had a go at other posters complaining recently) because all of this content is free but if the content is broken then no matter how free it is it's still useless.