Boycott Galactus: Ignore Red Hulk run, If it even happens.

2»

Comments

• Great topic. This event shows us what they think of us. We are nothing but dollar signs. No rewards, no fun, please give us more money see you in season 20, this will pass and forget it

This is the worst event of any kind ive ever seen in any video game in my 30 years of playing games

Maddening, unfathomable.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I can live without Red Hulk if I don't ever have to do this again.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Yeah, I can live without Red Hulk if I don't ever have to do this again.

Right there with you I think. At least with crazy scaling on PVE you use up all your health packs while you win matches and feel like you are progressing.

Alliance totals and global totals are better than versus - but not at the cost of preventing any satisfaction of apparent progression.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Regarding engagement not being important, note that knowing how alliances are doing was a key item from IceX. It is important and low involvement will be noticed.
  • Exactly. Even though most of us HATED this, we still tried to run through it for those tasty cyclops covers, and they're taking our attempts as though the event were a success.

If they rerun it again, we have to, as a community, band together and just ignore the event, to show them "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."
  • Don't speak general for a community, "all hate this".

I'm not hating it, it's just made too heavy and too difficult.

And there are still enough players who will invest the money the company wants.

A minimal percent of all who play the mpq are here at the forum. Organizing a "B" is impossible.

Everybody should decide for himself, herself, if they want to play it or not.

Nobody from the devs or decider will ever apologize like

"Oh, you didn't like it, we are so sorry, it will never happen again, it's our fault, the guy who designed the Galactus Event is fired and has to find a new job..."

Stop dreaming about that. It's just a game, nothing else!!
  • Don't speak general for a community, "all hate this".

I'm not hating it, it's just made too heavy and too difficult.

And there are still enough players who will invest the money the company wants.

A minimal percent of all who play the mpq are here at the forum. Organizing a "B" is impossible.

Everybody should decide for himself, herself, if they want to play it or not.

Nobody from the devs or decider will ever apologize like

"Oh, you didn't like it, we are so sorry, it will never happen again, it's our fault, the guy who designed the Galactus Event is fired and has to find a new job..."

Stop dreaming about that. It's just a game, nothing else!!

A. I said "most". Not all.

B. I never said in this thread that I wanted them to fire anyone or publicly apologize. I've joked about it possibly elsewhere, but this thread is about a surefire way to communicate displeasure.

C. Organizing a "B" (why is everyone terrified of the word Boycott!?) is not impossible. I can choose to not play it myself, and I've still successfully organized a 1 person boycott. Considering most of the top alliances do have a forum presence, it's possible there may be an agreement to have some alliances not bother. I don't imagine that I've spearheaded a national "NO MPQ DAY" with one post. That would be dreaming for sure.
  • @Haetron, okay, thanks for answering. You're right, a 1 person boycott is still a success.

For myself, I don't care a lot about the events, since the Ultron disaster events I don't expect anything. D3 has to recognize it, anything we can do is to say, that we don't like, what they've designed.

Positive : the players are working more together, it's a good "workshop".

My alliance has a quite good communication, and I'm happy about that! icon_mrgreen.gif

That's a reward D3 cannot give me. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Sadly, I'm actively praying our alliance bails on run 2.

It smarts a bit every time I open the game and see that suicide booth with a crazy hat…

DBC
  • People are now getting replies from CS saying "We're sorry you don't like it, but most people are enjoying it!" Again, they don't care about forum feedback, they only care about "Engagement."

If they run this again, do not engage. If you run it out of alliance loyalty, reward craving, or any other reason where you're running the event even though you hate it, you shouldn't, because they just see you running the event and assume you like it.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Warbringa wrote:
    Yeah, I haven't received anything beyond 2* from Anniversary and Galactus Hungers tokens so I am certainly not buying any additional tokens like I thought I was going to.

I was quite lucky with both (multiple 3* that I unfortunately already have, and two 4*, DD and Reed Richards). This doesn't change in any way my feelings about these events and these tokens real value.

I stopped spending money on the game months ago and was genuinely wondering if I would spend money on the anniversary. This seemed like a good opportunity to mke good use of sales and good tokens (ha ha). Thanks to whomever was in charge of these decisions my wallet has closed again for MPQ.

This weekend has been mostly MPQ free for me, plenty of time to do other things that I enjoy more than Galactus. I'm now genuinely wondering about leaving the game altogether.

I guess this was not the expected result.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance just finished round 8 about an hour ago, and at least half of us (myself included) have declared strong reservations about playing through it again for Rulk. Why? Because it isn't fun. Between turn-3 wipes, garbage rewards, and essentials that are arguably more difficult than Galactus himself, there's not a whole lot of reason to push hard for the first covers of a character that you will likely not be able to put into play for 6 months.

Boycott's a strong word and nothing that will likely happen. Still, given the way this event has gone over, I would not be surprised in the least if engagement dropped off a cliff.
  • Just informed my alliance that I will grudgingly accept losing my spot for R2, which kills me, because I love my crew.

I'm not going to actively boycott the event, because, well, in all honesty, it's a game on my phone, and I don't feel strongly enough about it to do more than play something like Marvel Future Fight instead, but I won't be opening up the event.

I wish my alliance good luck and good feelings regardless of their decision, and only hope to be playing as a member of The Swarm when this "anniversary celebration" thankfully ends.

Peace.

DBC
  • The question I'm wondering is "Will engagement be more or less then that of the Captian Marvel Ultron run?"

Because IceX did seem to comment that engagement was pretty down on that run, if indirectly.

So, what's stronger? Desire for rewards over a difficult game mode, or standard boringness of an alright event with a boring reward?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    to the poster i would take this down ASAP i got mad at a lot of games in the past that i played and as soon as i used the B word they banned my account saying im taking money from them. I be very careful with the B word

“When you cut out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
  • Considering the lack of information and the suspect buff list to remove Hulk based Strategy, plus the fact they considered the first run to be "better than expected", Im bumping this and strongly encouraging anyone with doubts to skip this.

Simply put, they only measure engagement. We all hated Galactus RD 1, but did it out of alliance obligation and chasing the new character. They still considered it a success.

Remember, the best way to communicate disinterest is to not engage.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm open to playing if they really did fix things, but given that they kept the per-round score targets exactly the same and seem to have made the buff list as useless as possible for a Galactus fight....it doesn't exactly inspire optimism.

Just say no to terrible soul-sucking events!
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Welp, I'M gonna join.

LEEEEEROOOOOOOOY JENKINS!!!!!!!!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Closing this thread. For one, there's not much in the way of constructive criticism here. For two, We'd much prefer that you use the thread on the run 2 changes assuming you actually choose to play it. That thread is here. Obviously we can't stop you from not playing, but if you choose to, I hope you enjoy your time away from the game!
This discussion has been closed.