Boycott Galactus: Ignore Red Hulk run, If it even happens.

I'm actually serious. They've said several times they check to see how much playerbase "Engages" in an event, so the best solution to this fiasco is to simply not continue engaging.

If you keep throwing 3 people at him in round 5-8 just to get minimal match damage, in an attempt to chase at least one Cyc cover, it's going to come up as a successful event in their books.

It's like tic-tac-toe and nuclear war. The best way to win is to not play, per 80's classic WarGames.

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    to the poster i would take this down ASAP i got mad at a lot of games in the past that i played and as soon as i used the B word they banned my account saying im taking money from them. I be very careful with the B word
  • Im not saying boycott MPQ, there's still other content to enjoy.

They just seriously botched Galactus that bad, because they did last minute tweaks on forum strategies and we weren't even aware the number of cosmic tiles and cool down tiles would increase to later rounds where Galactus was hitting 30 ap on round 3-4.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    this is a double edge sword because if even one alliance gets to round 6 and gets a Cyclops cover you feel like you could have as well so everyone will try.

The only way this works is if everyone protests together. Organization is key.
  • Yep. And I don't think any alliance is willing to pass on that possible cyc cover. My main concern is that they're gonna see "Well, people complained, but X alliances still got cyc covers" and consider the event a success.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    The prisoner's dilemma!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Our alliance is already debating about run 2. Without some massive scale-back, why bother? Round 6 should be about as difficult as final round should have been.
  • Whats sad is I think with the unknown elements, IE: the increased number of cool down tiles, the increased AP gain off cosmics, the Increased number of cosmics, the other pre-release changes we thought were counters for forum strategies accelerated the broken nature of the encounter. Had it retained 1AP per cosmic tile to begin, then increased to 2 in later rounds, it would still be possible to at least apply 1-2 ability worth of damage before the team wipe, or god forbid, score a win.

They updated every single strategy we thought of on the forums, and hid the nastiest aspect of the encounter from us on top of that, and the last minute changes that I suspect weren't thoroughly tested ruined the event.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    There's already an anger thread, this should go there.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    SirLanik wrote:
    no. no, it shouldn't.

a failure of this magnitude should not be contained to one thread. doing so only trivializes the outrage.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    They don't care if you play or if you complain or congratulate them, as with everything the bottom line is money.

Don't buy anything, once their bosses realize the cash stopped coming in there will be repercussions.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    I am stickin out round 1 of Galactus ... I created an alliance for it and feel obligated. But this has killed my engagement with the rest of the game.

Round 2 pending dev comment come Monday. The alliance is hanging together but I foresee a long wknd ahead!

This game is a timewaster that generates a false feeling of accomplishment. The second it begins to resemble a hopeless endeavor, it no longers serves its only purpose.

And spending? Ha! Yeah right icon_lol.gif
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I haven't received anything beyond 2* from Anniversary and Galactus Hungers tokens so I am certainly not buying any additional tokens like I thought I was going to. I was going to buy discounted HP but looks like I don't need to so. Boycotting an in game event doesn't impact them as a prior poster indicated, not spending cash in game does.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Haetron, thanks for this; I'm coming over from my thread. If there's a way to merge or redirect mine, that would be nice.

I think it goes without saying that if you are boycotting play of the event, you aren't spending money on it. You won't be able to cut money to $0, the key is the anniversary should be a cash cow for them. It doesn't have to go to $0, it just has to be bad enough.

This thread shouldn't be about anger, it should be about action. My goal in my thread was to get alliances to state a commitment to not play until fixed and compensation is present. I hope that's roughly what Haetron has in mind here.

We are moving on from Galactus in Warped Taco until such time as the event is fixed. In the meanwhile we are treating the anniversary as a short PVP season.
  • SirLanik wrote:

No, it should not.

That thread is merely a way to make it appear that the groundswell of customer dissatisfaction is not 1/10th of what it actually is.
  • This is also not about anger.

This is about efficiently communicating an event is broken in a way the developers have acknowledged they can track, which is event engagement. If they see everyone gets to round 6 and then bails, they know they broke something.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    SirLanik wrote:
    no. no, it shouldn't.

a failure of this magnitude should not be contained to one thread. doing so only trivializes the outrage.
    I'm just gonna point out that I'm not merging a dang thing during this event. Have at it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    I'm actually serious. They've said several times they check to see how much playerbase "Engages" in an event, so the best solution to this fiasco is to simply not continue engaging.

If you keep throwing 3 people at him in round 5-8 just to get minimal match damage, in an attempt to chase at least one Cyc cover, it's going to come up as a successful event in their books.

It's like tic-tac-toe and nuclear war. The best way to win is to not play, per 80's classic WarGames.
    The problem for me is that I committed to attempting this with my alliance, and now I'm locked in. If they don't announce that they've made huge changes for the second run of this, there's no way I'll "engage" with Galactus a second time. At that point, I'll leave while my alliance has time to find a replacement.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Haetron wrote:

The problem for me is that I committed to attempting this with my alliance, and now I'm locked in. If they don't announce that they've made huge changes for the second run of this, there's no way I'll "engage" with Galactus a second time. At that point, I'll leave while my alliance has time to find a replacement.

Same, and I'll likely try to convince my alliance to just not bother. I will say it in every post if I have to. Whoever added that base +1ap per cosmic tile ruined the event, and needs to not have access to the code without any kind of oversight. Assuming the support page was originally correct and the event was not planned at 2ap base a cosmic tile from the start.
  • Retitled, to remove the "prisoners dilemma" referenced. Spread word to your alliances. They think this is acceptable content and we're "doing even better than expected?"

Don't give them the pleasure of watching us bang our collective heads on a wall a 2nd time.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Way ahead of ya. Already told my guild that I'm not doing this again, and if nothing is changed for the Red Hulk run, then I'll drop out so they can find someone who wants to do it.
This discussion has been closed.