Anniversary - success or failure?

feraldayor
feraldayor Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
This is my first proper post despite being on the forums for months, but I just felt that I had to comment on the Anniversary, such that it is.
Last year's anniversary was a real grind; Ultron was frustrating and time-consuming but at least it was beatable and there were other offers, bonuses, etc., to take advantage of. The anniversary was probably my best experience of MPQ of the year.
This year I'm already bored of constantly being beaten by Galactus - it really is a coin toss. I've been playing for about twenty minutes and now I've got to wait until tomorrow to play.
There's also no lightning rounds and the capability of getting lots of ISO seems vastly reduced (I farmed over 100K in the week of the last anniversary).
I'm really not impressed, but I suppose at least I don't have to spend hours on it... what do you think?

Comments

• nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Server crashes, new rules for a modified event. Devs making the main event harder multiple times as players comment on ways to win.

Reduced token odds that are worse than the regular.

No playable events for a large part of th player base.

Large failure.

I imagine they want us to take a break and play other games.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    I'm honestly having a pretty decent time and still spending way too much time, as usual, playing this goshdarn game.

Got all my Galactus hits in, doing another clear of Iso-8, was worried I'd forget to do the Deadpool Daily now, and am prepping to do Weapon Tex-Mex and another Galactus run later tonight before bed.

Also got some nice stuff from tokens and junk, though I wasn't planning on buying anniversary tokens anyways.

I'm enjoying it so far, but it's far from over. Too early to call it a success or failure yet.

EDIT: Also, last year's PVE wasn't Ultron.

Last year's anniversary PVE was Venom: Heroic icon_razz.gif

(That was mega critical for me since I pushed for t10 there, and there was a glitch that gave out the covers twice, so I got 6 LCap covers that my little 2* having butt so badly needed)
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Too early to say. There might be some surprises in store that blow our minds. I guess I will judge it when it's finished.

Initially though, yes they've not knocked it out the park yet. The anniversary tokens are a big let down in particular.

I am enjoying the galactus event. I did miss ultron so my expectations are different to most I suspect.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shutting down the game for a week would be less disappointing.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first day isn't even over. They'll send everyone a handful of free tokens and run some kind of lightning round where everyone gets a 5/4/4 OML and everyone will forget about it and move on - if nothing else, a new season will start.

As long as people keep playing, the anniversary has to be considered a success.
  • Ugh. I said I'd reserve judgement until tomorrow but upon hearing no lightning rounds, I think it's currently a failure. What's the point of double iso then because it surely isn't for the pve when pve locks you out after less than half an hour.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    entire thing was a joke first they said they had to push it back for Iphone to get the update but then push the apple update before anyone else last friday.. entire events been a joke
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anniversary rating:

facebook-thumb-down.png

(if only I could paste bigger images)
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2015
    I'm enjoying it --- more than I think I would enjoy a typical week of play --- it's on par with a movie tie-in event. Isn't that the measure?

A lot of people are making comparisons to last year and ANY difference seems to indicate failure. I'm sorry, but if I find myself playing MPQ instead of one of my other billion gaming options, it's probably a success.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not terribly impressed at this point in time, but...we'll see how I feel when the whole shebang ends.
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    I'm not terribly satisfied with the anniversary week events so far. Black Vortex is a meh rerun of an old PvP event. Class of 2015 and Devil Dino PvPs are new.

Galactus is actually pretty boring since you're locked out after doing your nodes. No urgency to hit each stage as quickly as possible like Ultron.

The biggest disappointment is the lack of lightning rounds. These were a huge draw for me to play extra this week since last year's were 20 man brackets. Last anniversary was the only time I've dedicated time to play LR.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    3 PVP events must score 600+ to get 10 pack what a joke you screw up on one your done. At least season you only need 300 per event to get a 10 pack cause you can score 1000 in sheild easy...

edit guess its 4 events
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    I'm normally willing to give the devs the benefit of the doubt, but the lack of communication regarding what was intended and what is an error, along with the miserable rates for the anniversary tokens is not excusable.

So far I say failure.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    what-we-have-here-is-a-failure-to-communicate.jpg
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Was really excited by the anni week as i thoroughly enjoyed previous anni who was a really refreshing change of pace with LRs.. 20 man bracket.. Dbl isos.. Thoress on test.. They teased us hard with gal event and new pvps.. And then this.. Gal pve is no fun (basically its a coin toss.. No strat here.. You wipe or win depending on the board in 4 turns).. No LRs.. Rerun of black vortex.. Meh..
  • I didnt play the last anniversary

Even *I* knew all people really wanted were ISO boosts some nice tokens howard the duck and Lightning rounds and some fun modes to play

We got the ISO boosts
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    I hope they improve it when they do round 2.
  • tmurf5387
    tmurf5387 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I didnt play the last anniversary

Even *I* knew all people really wanted were ISO boosts some nice tokens howard the duck and Lightning rounds and some fun modes to play

We got the ISO boosts

Not even compared to last year. IIRC last year EVERYTHING was doubled. Not just specific events.
  • nwman wrote:

I imagine they want us to take a break and play other games.

Panda bubbles is an option.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    6ujQDdb.gif

I started playing the game around the time of the first anniversary. I remember beating the seed teams for double iso. I didn't really know what else I missed out on until much later. So, I was excited for this time around. I got a decent roster now and I think some of the recent changes have been for the better. I guess I just expected them to keep going, but so far it's been very underwhelming, borderlining on disappointing.