Prett Sure we are stuck until tomorrow

2»

Comments

• GurlBYE wrote:
    I'd say anyone who equates general frustration with a product, to unbridled life stopping fury, may not get what I'm saying.

let's just agree to disagree here.

Considering the stuff people have been saying here.

"It's like the birthday boy took a dump on the cake."

"I hope somebody left them a pile of excrement at their booth"

"I hope everybody involved with designing this gets fired."

Among others.

I think that goes a bit beyond standard general frustration, personally.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    I'd say anyone who equates general frustration with a product, to unbridled life stopping fury, may not get what I'm saying.

let's just agree to disagree here.

Considering the stuff people have been saying here.

"It's like the birthday boy took a dump on the cake."

"I hope somebody left them a pile of excrement at their booth"

"I hope everybody involved with designing this gets fired."

Among others.

I think that goes a bit beyond standard general frustration, personally.
    Hyperbole and being over the top is the way of the internet.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    Guys, you DO know that D3 is attending NYCC2015 right? It IS this weekend. So I figure the red names are traveling to my area (NYC) and not online for that reason. Bad timing for sure. But understandable.

I also know that D3 Go! is the publisher, and Demiurge is the developer. The problems of not relaying any info to us is mainly on D3 but the gameplay problems are more on Demiurge.
  • Sledge
    Sledge Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    I work with end users with technical issues on a daily basis and if I am unable to resolve their issue by the end of the work day, I let them know what the issue is (in non-techy geek speak), that it's being worked on and an ETA if I have that information. If I cannot provide an immediate fix, the fact I communicated this goes a long ways in diffusing an escalation with the end user. This is for a single user! When thousands of users are affected, I would definitely be diligent is keeping them happy.

Less than 30 minutes after Galactus started, we were notified that they were aware of the server issues and were working on it. Almost immediately, scores of us were reporting that the nodes were not unlocking after a round was completed. Many of us were asking if this was by design or a bug. This was a very simple question with a very simple answer, yet none was given. Silence. If they were to answer this very simple question, they could have avoided much of the outrage that has been happening for the last 14 hours.

Server issues notwithstanding, I would gladly have had a repeat of last year's anniversary event (except the scaling for part 2). Absolutely everything about this year has been a complete letdown; rewards, double ISO, LR, gameplay.

To those that are saying they are too busy with their event in New York, it's not like that came up at the last minute. Surely there should have been someone in charge of PR to put out any fires that may have arisen. Well, this has turned into a forest fire and is going to take a lot of goodwill to get the player base back on their side.
  • GurlBYE wrote:
    Hyperbole and being over the top is the way of the internet.

What you said. And it is what makes it vibrant and interesting.

This forum is at its absolute best and most entertaining when things go nuclear in game. Humor and frustration go so well together. Ask Louis CK, he'll tell you all about it. icon_lol.gif

That said, I'm sure there is a small handful of people who are upset enough to let it impact their general well-being in real life (cray folk, yay!!!), but I'm sure mostly this is just a lot of harmless net B&M sessions (norms, yay!!!).