Prett Sure we are stuck until tomorrow

itstime1234
itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Not sure if checking for updates or anything is worthwhile. I am pretty sure D3 is on Eastern Standard time and have gone home already.

Hopefully we wake up tomorrow to some better results.

Comments

• brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe they are pulling a long day trying to get this thing back on the rails.

Hard for me to imagine they would just head home without any kind of update for us.

I'd also like to know what kind of cake they had. I guess chocolate.
  • itstime1234
    brisashi wrote:
    Maybe they are pulling a long day trying to get this thing back on the rails.

Hard for me to imagine they would just head home without any kind of update for us.

I'd also like to know what kind of cake they had. I guess chocolate.

No there has been several times issues have come up and if its outside normal work hours it just sits there to the next workday.

The worst was a year or so ago where the only event was a heroic pve and it was tinykittied up. Event was released Friday and no fix until Monday. Was awful.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    You're probably right that we're not going to hear anything until tomorrow. But D3 Go is on Pacific time; Demiurge is on Eastern time. So it depends on which team you're hoping to hear from.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    you really expect them to say anything they will blame it all on something else and go heres 3 tokens and think all is forgiven. Very glad i did not pull that 99.99 trigger

funny how people think they will give stuff out they did not give a single thing out the last time the servers crash on ultron for PVP/PVE
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    It's 7 PM and the only acknowledgment of any of these issues that I've seen was the "oops, we know the servers are F'd" post earlier today.

Did IceIX go on vacation or something?
  • itstime1234
    Raffoon wrote:
    It's 7 PM and the only acknowledgment of any of these issues that I've seen was the "oops, we know the servers are F'd" post earlier today.

Did IceIX go on vacation or something?

Judging by the fact no red usernames are shown they are either:

1. Gone Home
    2. Eating Cake
    3. Working round the clock to fix this.

I have very little hope on 3
  • No red names at the bottom of the screen, so yeah, this is probably it.

DBC
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    No red names at the bottom of the screen, so yeah, this is probably it.

DBC

No red names at the bottom all day long. Wouldn't monitoring the forums on a day like this and responding to questions be their job? They've hired people specifically to do this. Multiple people.

I guess they're hoping things will just blow over? It seems more like things are stewing into a highly flammable mix instead.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    According to the devs
  • Raffoon wrote:

DBC

No red names at the bottom all day long. Wouldn't monitoring the forums on a day like this and responding to questions be their job? They've hired people specifically to do this. Multiple people.

I guess they're hoping things will just blow over? It seems more like things are stewing into a highly flammable mix instead.

Eh, I'd think that "Insane amounts of forum rage" would be the worst possible time to keep track on it, other then "Yeah people are mad".

Nothing they'd say that they could reasonably do would be satisfactory right now. Even as much as people say "Just let us know this was intended" people would use that as a chance to try and jump down the dev's throats with all sorts of unbrideled internet fury.

Not to mention it's a good way to learn to hate your job too, seeing so many people hate your work and junk like that.

I ain't expecting any major comment on anything other then something gargantuanly broken (like the servers) anytime soon.
  • Not sure if checking for updates or anything is worthwhile. I am pretty sure D3 is on Eastern Standard time and have gone home already.

Hopefully we wake up tomorrow to some better results.

They went on vacation. Won't be back in cell service until 10/16.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:

DBC

Eh, I'd think that "Insane amounts of forum rage" would be the worst possible time to keep track on it, other then "Yeah people are mad".

Nothing they'd say that they could reasonably do would be satisfactory right now. Even as much as people say "Just let us know this was intended" people would use that as a chance to try and jump down the dev's throats with all sorts of unbrideled internet fury.

Not to mention it's a good way to learn to hate your job too, seeing so many people hate your work and junk like that.

I ain't expecting any major comment on anything other then something gargantuanly broken (like the servers) anytime soon.
    Your almost saying it as if people are unreasonably frustrated, some of who dumped hundreds of dollars into this game within the past 4 days.

It doesn't sound unreasonable at all to be upset by a lack of communication.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    if i were a red... i would just log out. then read the forum as a guest anonymously, out of sheer embarrassment.
  • They didn't come on to talk about the XF VS Cyclops 4* node when that exploded, wouldnt expect them to be any more decent now that they've blown the day 100% of us were excited for (pretty sure about that figure) and 100% of us are dissapointed with (pretty sure about that one too but if you're happy please correct me)
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Guys, you DO know that D3 is attending NYCC2015 right? It IS this weekend. So I figure the red names are traveling to my area (NYC) and not online for that reason. Bad timing for sure. But understandable.
  • GurlBYE wrote:
    Your almost saying it as if people are unreasonably frustrated, some of who dumped hundreds of dollars into this game within the past 4 days.

I'd say anybody who is infuriated by their Marvel Puzzle Quest experience being slightly hampered is probably a bit too emotionally invested in Marvel Puzzle Quest.

It's an entertainment tool, man.
  • itstime1234
    colwag wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

I'd say anybody who is infuriated by their Marvel Puzzle Quest experience being slightly hampered is probably a bit too emotionally invested in Marvel Puzzle Quest.

Which is not entertaining at all. Do u say the same when people go to Disneyland and everything breaks down. After all it's just entertainment.

Frustration and unhappy with what has occurred somehow does not equate to life alter infuriation. Their is a whole spectrum of levels before that.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    puppychow wrote:
    Guys, you DO know that D3 is attending NYCC2015 right? It IS this weekend. So I figure the red names are traveling to my area (NYC) and not online for that reason. Bad timing for sure. But understandable.

I have a pitchfork, where do i go icon_twisted.gif

Please note most of my posts have been sarcastic
  • puppychow wrote:

I have a pitchfork, where do i go icon_twisted.gif
    I'd ask if you had a torch too, but the event tokens have probably taken care of that...
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

I'd say anyone who equates general frustration with a product, to unbridled life stopping fury, may not get what I'm saying.

let's just agree to disagree here.