Why on earth do they still give out critical boosts?

Orion
Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm looking at the rewards for beating Galactus and they are:

1000 ISO
500 ISO
Galactus Token
Critical Boosts

Seriously? Can we stop pretending that critical boosts are a reward for anything? When is the last time anyone has ever used a critical boost? Why doesn't the game just say "0 ISO. HaHa!" and be done with it?

Comments

• Dudemon
    Dudemon Posts: 57 Match Maker
    At least in Ultron you could get an HP reward. No such luck here.
    Considering your roster means nothing except for board shakers and AP stealers, this event is a large step back.
    Very disappointing.

Dudemon
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup, I almost posted this earlier. I "won" the crit boosts from my first Galactus battle. I got the token on my 2nd try though so it cooled my fire. Still, I'd rather have 20 iso than crit boosts.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use them quite often, especially when running Charlie's Angels.. and i plan on using them against Galactus in later rounds especially...

That being said.. yah, they sure do give us a-lot of them!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was gonna say, they'd be useful for running PX/GSBW/Witch, annnnnnnd not much else.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Might be useful in the later rounds. Surfer plus 1* Spider-Man, switch, and some crit boosts?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought it was a glitch when I won the critical boosts then I checked and.. it wasn't. I cannot believe they removed the HP! I guess they don't want us to open our 50HP token for free.. it's a shame that this feels more like Anniverscam than a celebration.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:
    I was gonna say, they'd be useful for running PX/GSBW/Witch, annnnnnnd not much else.
    Even if you're using those guys, it's foolish to waste a spot on a crit boost. If you're getting crits, you don't need them boosted, because you've already won. You need to fill the boost slots with things that will help you if you can't gotten purple rolling and/or you've lost GSBW.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Absolutely hate redcrit.png boost reward, much worst than getting 20 iso8.png
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:
    Even if you're using those guys, it's foolish to waste a spot on a crit boost. If you're getting crits, you don't need them boosted, because you've already won. You need to fill the boost slots with things that will help you if you can't gotten purple rolling and/or you've lost GSBW.

They're extra damage, which is helpful if your Prof X isn't leveled high. Plus, it's probably the only real good time to use them. They suck, I agree, but if you're gonna keep earning them, might as well put them to use.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:

They're good for 1* Spidey and QS. I rarely use the Crit boosts but when I do I'll use 5 at once, might as well make it worth it plus I know I'll win another 5 Crit Boosts to replace it within the next three matches.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I sometimes use crit boosts when I've pretty much given up and solely relying on luck for 5* DDQ. I won with my **** Fury that way. Haven't had luck like that since.
  • simonsez
    lukewin wrote:
    They're extra damage, which is helpful if your Prof X isn't leveled high.
    Worst case scenario, you're still getting 3k extra per crit, and those crits are going to lead to more crits, and you're going to win without the crit boost. You need boosts that serve as insurance, not to enhance a win you'd get anyway.
  • lukewin
    simonsez wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    Worst case scenario, you're still getting 3k extra per crit, and those crits are going to lead to more crits, and you're going to win without the crit boost. You need boosts that serve as insurance, not to enhance a win you'd get anyway.

There are 3 slots for boosts.
  • simonsez
    lukewin wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    lukewin wrote:

No ****? That still doesn't mean there's a good reason to waste one. You want one for +2 purple, one for berserker rage, and one for polarity shift.
  • lukewin
    simonsez wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    No tinykitty? That still doesn't mean there's a good reason to waste one. You want one for +2 purple, one for berserker rage, and one for polarity shift.

And that's where you win. I've never thought or been made aware of the possibility to make the combo even better, since I thought it was already great. Polarity Shift team up is a great addition. Thank you for that.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I use those boosts everyday in Big Enchilada, but it's STILL a slap in the face to give them out on difficult nodes.

ESPECIALLY on the most difficult node they have EVER created.......
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Yep, this should be removed from main rewards and drop randomly like other boosts. Or maybe come up randomly instead of the dreaded 20 ISO rewards...
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anytime I notice I have 30 crit boosts I take 5 to my next fight because I know I'm going to be back at 30 by the end of the day. I never once considered taking anything but AP boosts into Galactus fights because nothing else mattered but getting off an ability in the first 4 turns.

Crit boosts appear randomly often enough that they had no business being on the list of awards for a boss battle.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosts should not be progression rewards nor node rewards by this point in the game's life, all of them should be able to drop at random from any win and then node rewards should be iso, iso, token and then the 4th should be something like health pack, HP or another token with all four of these rewards dropping before it dropped down to 20/40 iso.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found even more hilarious the 25(!) HP as the 5th to last reward, or the HT cover as the second to last. Anyone who could score 900+k in this event very much stopped needing 3* covers long, long ago.