So the Anniversary was supposed to be a celebration?

2»

Comments

• rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    It just doesn't feel like last year. As stated, Galactus by Round 4 is VICIOUS. It's a GREAT event, but for Anniversary Week, I wish we would've been given something a little more laid back to compete in. At least we don't have to face an additional node like in Ultron to get the tokens. The fact that this a brand new event, instead of a rehash of old events, like last year, is cool too. That's a welcomed change. If I'm not mistaken, there's additional Anniversary tokens added to the PVP events, so that's right on. Even with the improvements, as least for right now, I'd place my vote for last year's run. The biggest reason being that right now, I'm literally locked out from playing at all. I don't have Jean Grey, so I can't unlock another Galactus battle. Thanks to my slice selection in PVP, I'm locked out until tomorrow. I remember being able to play until I dropped out tired last year. I'm also being prevented from taking advantage of double ISO. All in all, not the overall Anniversary experience I was looking forward to this year. Hopefully, the rest of the week will have surprises to make up for it.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    rawfsu wrote:
    but for Anniversary Week, I wish we would've been given something a little more laid back to compete in..

Absolutely. I mean, what's the harm if 75% of alliances manage to get all three Cyclops tokens? It's not like that cheapens the character in any way because you'd still have to spend months afterwards getting the other 10 you needed.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    loroku wrote:
    Last year, they did NOTHING. Seriously absolutely nothing - and so the forums lit themselves on fire. It was a major brew-ha. Kinda crazy.

Um....they did something....

DD introduced, and almost 10% draw rate for it in tokens.
    Tokens with much higher 4* draw rate (all 4*'s combined) as well - well worth 50hp daily.
    Three event mini-season with alliances rewarded DD.
    DD daily drop for year-players (day 365/6/7).

Last anniversary was lots of fun - though it didn't last. I was hoping their double ISO would stay (it should have). I was hoping the higher token drop rate would stay (it should have). I was hoping three-event seasons would stay (they should have).

I was hoping -something- would happen this year that was entertaining. Super tough Galactus....great. Basically re-skinned harder Ultron as "new" content. At this point introducing 4*'s isn't new -or- exciting, but just more monotony.

Anniversary one: bringing people back into the game. Anniversary two: showing people there's no reason to come back (or stay).
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The part the forums lit on fire for was when the actual anniversary passed without anything special happening, because they were waiting until the offseason for the festivities but didn't actually say that publicly.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just started thinking...we're thinking about this all wrong. This isn't a celebration for US, the playerbase. It's a celebration for the Devs, of course!

yK2bRxt.jpg
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Worst Canadian Thanksgiving ever.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. Chase the $1 ARPDAU.
    2. This too shall pass.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    2nd Anniversary is cotton, so don't give them any of your paper.