So the Anniversary was supposed to be a celebration?

So the Anniversary was supposed to be a celebration? Or with English being my second language I missed some subtlety?
I just can't help being sarcastic.

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    It is....in a clusterf kind of way. No?
  • All ISO and HP are on sale, and I can't find a reason to buy them.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    All ISO and HP are on sale, and I can't find a reason to buy them.

i feel sorry for all those who got HP before the event started.
  • I'm a big critic of D3 but I don't regret my $50 purchase of HP. However, I might start to if they don't remedy the situation in one way or another. I'm sure they are working on a solution and a plan of action to go forward with so I'm going to hold off on regret at least until tomorrow.
  • slidecage wrote:

I was nourishing the idea of spending HP for the first time on a cover thinking 5th Steve's red cover might help me vs Galactus. Now it looks that wouldn't make a difference so I'm glad I didn't rush that desicion.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    f6c78158e0193388fc82972b5aa6045f.554x370x1.jpg

The other part to this is in my head devs are rubbing their muddy shoes all over my white suede couch like "F yo couch!" icon_lol.gif
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    shurak wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

I was nourishing the idea of spending HP for the first time on a cover thinking 5th Steve's red cover might help me vs Galactus. Now it looks that wouldn't make a difference so I'm glad I didn't rush that desicion.

Eh, I don't feel I've wasted money on this bonus spideycoin.png I see it as investing on something I potentially need to spend it on in the near future (i.e. roster slots) even if the current token pack deals (draw rates) are pretty disapponting.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    shurak wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

never buy covers they will come for free soon enough
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    I know it's early in the anniversary events but so far there is a very contrasting feeling between this one and the year 1 events The first Anniversary event felt like a "Thank You” with lots of cool rewards like Devil Dino and fun new events. So far this feels more like an "F-you, we want to sell HP" event as by level 4 Galactus wipes your entire team in 4-6 turns. The rewards are lazy as they are just rehashed from last year's Anniversary. 1 year ago Devil Dino was part of the new meta in the game as 4 stars were just becoming the gold standard. It was a cool reward that felt like a thank you. 1 year later we have entered the 5 star age and the rewards are still for Devil Dino, who BTW is absolutely useless at this time as he is a weaker 4 star that is never boosted and never feature in anything. Where are the Legendary Tokens? Where are the increased chances to get 5 starts that make this feel like a "Thank You" event? This is supposed to be a celebration of the game and yet you are offering us almost nothing to play for. Based on the difficultly level of Galactus so far, it's looking like only those of us in alliances with veteran players will really have a shot of getting Classic Cyclops covers. Those with weaker rosters are going to have to burn a ton of Health Packs restoring their entire team as they get destroyed in a few short turns. So us veterans have little to play for with these rewards and the new players will likely have to burn some serious HP to get to the rewards that they want. That's going to leave a lot of people pissed off and feeling like D3 doesn't really give a damn about their player base.

Come on D3, you can do better than this. I really hope you have a cool surprise or two that hasn't been revealed yet.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Weren't we all supposed to receive a special token today according to those news articles? I am guessing that special token was really the 1 Taco for Taco Day.
  • slidecage wrote:
    shurak wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

never buy covers they will come for free soon enough
    Sure that's what I always thought. I just thought this time I could make exception if it would help me control those pesky CDs. But from what I hear now people experience in Round 3 you get killed before you can start any 'controlling'.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    RWTDBurn wrote:
    I know it's early in the anniversary events but so far there is a very contrasting feeling between this one and the year 1 events The first Anniversary event felt like a "Thank You” with lots of cool rewards like Devil Dino and fun new events. So far this feels more like an "F-you, we want to sell HP" event as by level 4 Galactus wipes your entire team in 4-6 turns. The rewards are lazy as they are just rehashed from last year's Anniversary. 1 year ago Devil Dino was part of the new meta in the game as 4 stars were just becoming the gold standard. It was a cool reward that felt like a thank you. 1 year later we have entered the 5 star age and the rewards are still for Devil Dino, who BTW is absolutely useless at this time as he is a weaker 4 star that is never boosted and never feature in anything. Where are the Legendary Tokens? Where are the increased chances to get 5 starts that make this feel like a "Thank You" event? This is supposed to be a celebration of the game and yet you are offering us almost nothing to play for. Based on the difficultly level of Galactus so far, it's looking like only those of us in alliances with veteran players will really have a shot of getting Classic Cyclops covers. Those with weaker rosters are going to have to burn a ton of Health Packs restoring their entire team as they get destroyed in a few short turns. So us veterans have little to play for with these rewards and the new players will likely have to burn some serious HP to get to the rewards that they want. That's going to leave a lot of people pissed off and feeling like D3 doesn't really give a damn about their player base.

Come on D3, you can do better than this. I really hope you have a cool surprise or two that hasn't been revealed yet.

The T150 rewards in the Devil Dino PVP will be Legendary tokens.

Btw, you completely forgot the awesome 20 player Lightning Rounds! I am so pissed they removed those, they could have at least had 100 player Lightning Rounds or something.
  • RWTDBurn wrote:

Last year's anniversary had Venom: Heroic as the PVE and the Versus season was Balance of Power and Combined Arms, not very popular due to all the Health Packs they eat up, then Weapon Tex-Mex which is Deadpool I guess.

There were some cool lightning rounds too at least, but Galactus is WAY more then anything interesting they offered last year in terms of events.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    shurak wrote:
    Sure that's what I always thought. I just thought this time I could make exception if it would help me control those pesky CDs. But from what I hear now people experience in Round 3 you get killed before you can start any 'controlling'.

Steve is way too slow when round 3+ Galactus drops 2 CD tiles a turn. If you don't match any of them away, then you have 5 turns max.
  • Orion wrote:
    shurak wrote:

Steve is way too slow when round 3+ Galactus drops 2 CD tiles a turn. If you don't match any of them away, then you have 5 turns max.
    That's why I'm glad I saved the HP icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    RWTDBurn wrote:

Oh selective memory. icon_e_smile.gif

Last year, they did NOTHING. Seriously absolutely nothing - and so the forums lit themselves on fire. It was a major brew-ha. Kinda crazy.

So then suddenly - oh wait, right, we were GOING to do something - uh, here it is! And all it was was just a few events with "anniversary" themed stuff (like the upcoming PvP is). The major thing everyone remembers is the 50 HP, 1/day anniversary token you could buy that actually had a ~40% chance of a non-2* prize: EASILY the BEST reward they've ever given (apparently this year they lowered the chance).

No other really big stuff, though.

Honestly, this year I am loving the new alliance event. I mean, sure it will suck - from what I can tell you'll be lucky to make it to round 6, much less pass it - but at least they're doing something new and interesting. Kudos to them!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    loroku wrote:
    Honestly, this year I am loving the new alliance event. I mean, sure it will suck - from what I can tell you'll be lucky to make it to round 6, much less pass it - but at least they're doing something new and interesting. Kudos to them!

How is the Galactus event "new and interesting?" It's a straight copy of the Ultron event only with crazy ramped-up difficulty and nodes that don't reset after you finish a round.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Weren't we all supposed to receive a special token today according to those news articles? I am guessing that special token was really the 1 Taco for Taco Day.

Well, I would pay them to not give me an anniversary token just to avoid the inevitable disappointment of opening it, so I'm fine with that.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    This is a celebration obviously...
    A celebration of Magic The Gathering Puzzle Quest being announced!

Oh wait... wrong game?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Galactus tokens were a bust. 3 pulls = 2* Ares, 2* Wolverine x2.

Heroic gave me Antman Purple, so there is that.

Daily Deal Anniversary token gave me IW blue.

Ice IX said the difficulty would be equal to that of the last run of Ultron (the one for Ms Marvel). It isn't. I think in response to the forum's ideas of beating Galactus, they ramped up his difficulty, but didn't take away the already built in difficulty of the quantity of CD tiles, Cosmic Tiles, AP gained in later levels.

If this is how run 2 will be, I have no desire to play it. If it gets tougher as it did during the first double run of it... I absolutely don't want to play it.