No New PvE Event =(

Options
2»

Comments

• bonerang wrote:
    My playable roster has virtually not improved as my 5 cover Thor and 3 cover OBW are unusable as are my 2 cover IW, 2 cover patch, 3 cover DD, 2 cover GSBW, 1 cover IM40, 1 cover C Mags, and 1 cover Rags.
    But did you buy a lot of roster slots? That's the important thing.
    I don't really get why Demiurge wants newbies to be competing with veterans when they can just organize the event structure such that everyone has a shot at something that they currently need.
    They don't, at least not according to IceIX's comments regarding the ongoing scaling issues. They want everyone playing the same content at different challenge levels that sort them neatly into appropriate reward tiers, and able to punch a little above their weight, so to speak, with a lot of strain and some luck.

You might feel a much simpler static scaling approach such as has been suggested in every third thread for the past fortnight would approximate this end quite well, but they're married to doing it with metrics in the most spectacularly complicated manner they can devise. Seems they like puzzles, which figures, right?
  • The "event notes" for the weekend have not been posted yet.

So, hope for a PvE event is not completely lost... yet. Perhaps, based upon the timer for the whole event and cycle point respawn timer, an event may start in the next few hours.

We will see though...
  • I need an event, im running real low on iso.
  • I'm'a just leave this here...
    IceIX wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    I figured that was coming since Ice said the last Elite event laid foundations for a new event.
    Nope, it was just half the tech used. The other half of the tech went into the one that we'll push out soon. This weekend we wanted to see how an Elite event would function in a vacuum when there wasn't a bunch of other stuff occluding it so we can get a good measuring stick.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    Gonna lock this one so that all the discussion stays in one thread. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3229
This discussion has been closed.